Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    90% of artist do
    And 95% of them fail to become as successful because of the reasons i stated above. Underground music and what you do in the booth can be totally different things. To become more mainstream you have to be able to go into the studio and produce a hit song. Some rappers just can't make the transition. This is why an artist like Taylor Swift is so successful. Its not that she has a great singing voice, the girl just have the talent to write hit songs. Same with Katy Perry. Not a great voice but she puts out hit songs on the regular. Plus they have the advantage of more people buying country and pop music on their side too. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they have no talent because they clearly do, but there are singers in their categories that have much better voices but not nearly as successful.

Another example is an artist like Keisha, who can't sing a lick but she can do hit songs and has a huge audience with her club music stuff.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-26-2013 at 13:17.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I hate keisha..her music is utter $#@!e of the highest order.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    And 95% of them fail to become as successful because of the reasons i stated above. Underground music and what you do in the booth can be totally different things. To become more mainstream you have to be able to go into the studio and produce a hit song. Some rappers just can't make the transition. This is why an artist like Taylor Swift is so successful. Its not that she has a great singing voice, the girl just have the talent to write hit songs. Same with Katy Perry. Not a great voice but she puts out hit songs on the regular. Plus they have the advantage of more people buying country and pop music on their side too. Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying they have no talent because they clearly do, but there are singers in their categories that have much better voices but not nearly as successful.

Another example is an artist like Keisha, who can't sing a lick but she can do hit songs and has a huge audience with her club music stuff.
    Yes I know this and you also have to account the people that choice to stay underground that could be successful mainstream.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by jj03 View Post
    I hate keisha..her music is utter $#@!e of the highest order.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Yea, I don't think her music is worth listening too but she has a huge fanbase. I guess people love that 80s vibe Madonna stuff she does. She's very successful at it though and is very well liked in other countries. She is still young, has huge fanbase, and is making her label a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyRules View Post
    Yes I know this and you also have to account the people that choice to stay underground that could be successful mainstream.
    yea, i realize that some choose that path, but I wouldn't. if I could make make millions on 1 hit song I would jump at the chance. I wouldn't let pride stand in the way.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 12-26-2013 at 22:00.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Guys some of you are just laughable, no really.
    Well that's ironic!

I never said that underground is better than mainstream just because its underground, no thats not what I meant and most of you thought of that without even giving it any additional consideration.
    Right, and that's why you blatantly pointed out all mainstream = $#@!. It's certainly heavily implied that you think underground is the only and best thing to listen to. Nice try though.

Eminems bars and instrumentals are typical mainstream overused stuff, weak and oversaturated.
    Cause your examples were any better. Please, post some lyrics before you generalize into utter non-sense. You're starting to sound like a drone, regurgitating $#@!.

Then there are those gangstas who rap about their hood, family and their friends being shot, oh how $#@!ing original
    Well, given that some of those lyrics are based on their personal experience, then yeah, it is original. Try again.

Most underground artists I listen to rap about real things in life and really sick and brutal stuff
    Such as?

plus they cover nice themes and topics.
    Such as?

Dude this is no $#@!ing history lesson.
    It was actually more a suggestion

If you know history doesnt mean you know how this genre works or how its designed.
    Oh, I thought History did in fact, teach you that. I must be living in the real world, my bad.

Same with life, if you know history doesnt mean you know mathematics, physics, biology, economics, business and languages.
    I can't even comprehend how irrelevant this is.

Knowing the history of a genre doesnt mean you know how it works, what are its aspects, the processes of this genre and its content.
    Actually, yeah, you kinda learn that when you read up on it.

If you are here to show off history knowledge $#@! off because we are here discussing a matter, we are not in school going through a history topic.
    Because that's not what you're doing either. If I'm showing off like an asshole, then you're being very pretentious, also like an asshole. See, that works both ways.

I find your lack of understanding alarming. You seem to think every mainstream artist suddenly decided to copy and paste their lyrics. While some do that, and they make it obvious (ever heard of one-hit-wonders?), a lot of them do have meaning to them. Since when it was a crime to rap about your family or a rags to riches story of an underdog? You're $#@!ing telling me that's not content and original? Maybe you should step out of your shell.

And I'm the ignorant one.

Super Elite
    I think most rap musician fans are brain washed.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Elite Sage

Eminem - Rap God Official Video

Quote Originally Posted by MacP View Post
    I think most rap musician fans are brain washed.
    Why?

Not really to do with Rap God but I can't stop listening to Kendrick Lamarr's verse on Control. Guy goes in hard!

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Why?

Not really to do with Rap God but I can't stop listening to Kendrick Lamarr's verse on Control. Guy goes in hard!
    Look at the youth of today. Everybody's trying to get a record contract.
    Sent from my computer using keyboard.

Elite Sage
    Isn't that an issue with music as a whole and not the genre?

Apprentice

i think eminem is immature and needs lots of therapy. he's talented with words but overall i'm not impressed with him as a human being.

Thread Information