Forum Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Next-Gen Face-Off: Call of Duty: Ghosts

With the release of the PC version of Call of Duty: Ghosts, Infinity Ward offered up a first taste of its vision for the future of the megabucks Call of Duty franchise and now - finally - we have both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions in-house, allowing us to ascertain just how close the next-gen console editions will match up. In truth, we went into this feature with lowered expectations, the Resolutiongate debacle suggesting that, on Xbox One at least, Infinity Ward had significant issues coping with the transition to the new generation of console hardware....
    Source

Full article and comparison shots after the link.

What do you all think? I was actually expecting a bigger gap between the PS4 and XBone. No doubt the PS4 looks like the better version but not by as much as I was expecting. Though in some of the screen shots there are a fairly noticeable difference.

Seems where the PS4 wins in terms of visuals the Xbone wins in terms of a more stable frame rate. Swings and roundabouts.
    Last edited by BBK..; 11-27-2013 at 17:53.

Forum Guru
    2.25 * pixels to draw is significant and more than what the theoretical power difference between the machines would suggest.
    I doubt this is very good game to have meaningful comparison though. (very early development environment etc.)

I'm sure the first next gen only CoD will be better for comparisons.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Source Full article and comparison shots after the link. What do you all think? I was actually expecting a bigger gap between the PS4 and XBone. No doubt the PS4 looks like the better version but not by as much as I was expecting. Though in some of the screen shots there are a fairly noticeable difference. Seems where the PS4 wins in terms of visuals the Xbone wins in terms of a more stable frame rate. Swings and roundabouts.
    I dont know, after reading the full article it seems the authors opinion was that the visual differences were pretty huge.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    To be fair there was never a huge difference between any PS3/360 cod and the PC version, the difference was mostly bigger resolution and Anti aliasing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/videos/call...mparison-video
    Last edited by keefy; 11-28-2013 at 16:57.

Forum Elder
    I don't think the difference will be very noticeable for another 18 months or so.

These early games aren't showing much

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thread Information