Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

PS4 included ear bud (headset) sound quality.

Cheap, hell yes!
    But does it sound like it looks?
    No,
    it happens to sound quite good, like really good for what it is.
    I recorded a message last night and saw the option to listen to it,
    and when I did I was pleasantly surprised at how clear and loud it actually was.
    So, is this the general consensus? Or am I crazy? Cause to me it really does sound good enough for me to be happy using it.
    Please share your experience's.

2. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Cheap, hell yes!
    But does it sound like it looks?
    No,
    it happens to sound quite good, like really good for what it is.
    I recorded a message last night and saw the option to listen to it,
    and when I did I was pleasantly surprised at how clear and loud it actually was.
    So, is this the general consensus? Or am I crazy? Cause to me it really does sound good enough for me to be happy using it.
    Please share your experience's.
    I'm perfectly fine with the ear bud. I like it because it doesn't go right into your ear but rather just setting in your ear will fit perfectly, however, it is quite confusing and odd if you aren't familiar with this type of ear piece. The sound quality is quite good I think, I've had no problems but there is one downfall. If I'm talking to people and I'm going to get up and do something, I have to take the controller with me. This is where the BT headset would come in handy.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I'm perfectly fine with the ear bud. I like it because it doesn't go right into your ear but rather just setting in your ear will fit perfectly, however, it is quite confusing and odd if you aren't familiar with this type of ear piece. The sound quality is quite good I think, I've had no problems but there is one downfall. If I'm talking to people and I'm going to get up and do something, I have to take the controller with me. This is where the BT headset would come in handy.
    I agree,
    when I get up to do something I just unplug it from the controller and take the
    earbud with me, plus I secure the plastic clip to my shirt too.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Agreed I was surprised as well. I was also surprised with the quality of the speaker in the DS4. The audiologs in KZ: SF sound really good. Right now I'm using my pulse elites instead of the stock mic because it bugs me to only use one ear. I love the fact that I can send all the audio to the headset as well. If I can't be bothered to dig them out of their case I just grab the stereo headset that came with my phone. I just wish they had an in-line mute function like the stock one does
    Last edited by mini E; 11-27-2013 at 19:32.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Comments on the headset have been conspicuously absent for the most part. Great to know the the quality's good!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Why are people surprised that speakers on a Sony product is good?
    Next people will be surprised that a Lamborghini is fast

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

8. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    It's hit or miss online, but otherwise it works well. I have used it on my iphone and the sound and mic work just fine lol.

I have crap ears which don't take kindly to earbuds you just set in you ear so I have to wear earphones that clip round the back of my ear so I'm not to optimistic they are going to work for me. iPhone buds and a whole load if others just fall straight out again so if these work it'll be a major thumbs up

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    The iPhone headphones buzz! Using my Samsung buds and they work pretty well. The official ones are Ok but I only used it on the 15th before switching. My buddy uses it tho and I can hear him clearly in party chats

One more thing that's a bit odd. When you record gameplay and have the audio and chat through the headset, the recorded clip will not have audio but your commentary? I tested it out yesterday and game audio needs to come through the tv for you to hear it when viewing your clip

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 11-28-2013 at 07:35.

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1979 View Post
    I have crap ears which don't take kindly to earbuds you just set in you ear so I have to wear earphones that clip round the back of my ear so I'm not to optimistic they are going to work for me. iPhone buds and a whole load if others just fall straight out again so if these work it'll be a major thumbs up
    I got a head-set from Asda for a tenner. I am told by my killzone 3 friends that is a very good quality and this has the plastic clip that goes round the ear. Why dont you try one mate.

PSN ID
    Geezy_04
    Does anyone know where replacement headsets can be ordered? I actually like them and would like to get one in case mine stops working.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    I got a head-set from Asda for a tenner. I am told by my killzone 3 friends that is a very good quality and this has the plastic clip that goes round the ear. Why dont you try one mate.
    Will do cheers

Thread Information