Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1121 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 641
  1. #251
    Apprentice
    MLG221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    call him whatever you want, he still has more experience than you, likely with both games because you have not even played either of them for more than a day (meaning full 24 hours) at your friend's house.

    I have played all COD games except 2 and MW3. I have played all BF games. You like COD more and that's fair and even understandable. the game is really good, no doubt, but it's for the casuals. the problem everyone has here is that you are talking down about a game that you have no experience with whatsoever.

    I'm sure your opinions about sports games are much more valuable.
    Actually I have a PS4 I've owned COD Ghost since launch its my only PS4 game and I play it everyday.

  2. #252
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG221 View Post
    Actually I have a PS4 I've owned COD Ghost since launch its my only PS4 game and I play it everyday.
    fair enough, i confused your comment about your friend's house with COD.

    either way, there's a reason you like the game. because it's made for the casuals. it's easy, to the point, does not require much strategy.

    if you want strategy, try the search and destroy (especially hardcore) and that's scratching the surface on what BF is about.

  3. #253
    Apprentice
    MLG221's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    193
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    fair enough, i confused your comment about your friend's house with COD.

    either way, there's a reason you like the game. because it's made for the casuals. it's easy, to the point, does not require much strategy.

    if you want strategy, try the search and destroy (especially hardcore) and that's scratching the surface on what BF is about.


    You make it sound like im a handicap gamer I got kills in BF4 and Im good at every shooter that iv played till this day. Who knows maybe down the road Ill get a used copy for 20 bucks or something.

  4. #254
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    15,709 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Or Medi health packs
    Yup those too, but the good thing about ammo is that every single person is using it all of the time.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  5. #255
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    533 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG221 View Post
    Ghost is my 1st COD have you played it? I played BF4 for a good 2 hours I dont find it any better then COD. Maybe I should give it another chance when hell freezes over lmao.
    I bought and played COD before my BF4 came from Amazon, in fact, it was my launch purchase with console. And I played for over a week, but every time I played COD and picked up BF4, it would cause me to lose like hell for the first 4 hours because COD takes no real work to be good at it. BF4 takes skill and tactics, and once I quit playing COD completely and stuck with BF4 only, my k/d came up dramatically.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  6. Likes Malt likes this post
  7. #256
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    15,709 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    I bought and played COD before my BF4 came from Amazon, in fact, it was my launch purchase with console. And I played for over a week, but every time I played COD and picked up BF4, it would cause me to lose like hell for the first 4 hours because COD takes no real work to be good at it. BF4 takes skill and tactics, and once I quit playing COD completely and stuck with BF4 only, my k/d came up dramatically.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk
    See I think KD ratio gets in the way of people doing objective maps properly. Too many run around in complete isolation just doing their own thing and focussing more on KD than taking risks to get the objective. I can come in the top three of a match based on my points even with a neg KD. If KD is the measure you are interested in then the Deathmatch is what you should play.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  8. Likes Malt likes this post
  9. #257
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    True but you cant get any objective if you are dead all the time!

    Im glad there are K/D $#@!s cos whilst they are too bust trying to kill each other i can sneak in and take their $#@!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  10. #258
    Veteran
    GazzaGSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,139
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    19,287 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Yup those too, but the good thing about ammo is that every single person is using it all of the time.
    I know what I'll be doing when I'm on later

    Trying not to get swayed in to the COD/Battlefield debate. but COD is a lifeless heap of $#@!. I've had ghosts since launch day and what I'm even more pissed off about is the fact I redeemed the season pass when I could have sold it to save the embarrassment of having the crap in my PSN download list. The game is lifeless, awful map design and can't even keep a stable framerate when acouple of explosions happen, even with the huge player count of 9v9 LMAO! The create a class system is about as intuitive as a hole in the head, the sound packs no punch at all with weak explosions and don't even get me onto the pathetic sound of firing the guns. Then there's the biggest fail of the game - Extinction well they had to put something in it to make it slightly different from the rest let's throw some hives and aliens in for good measure just to top off with the icing at how $#@! we've made this game this year! (Single player aside, I thought that was quite decent)

  11. #259
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    2,956 (0 Banked)
    Is there a way to quickly check the scoreboard without going to options menu?

    In Xbox360 case you just needed to press "Back" button. How do I do that in PS4?

  12. #260
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    15,709 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    True but you cant get any objective if you are dead all the time!

    Im glad there are K/D $#@!s cos whilst they are too bust trying to kill each other i can sneak in and take their $#@!!!
    lol that's exactly what I do too

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  13. #261
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,757
    Rep Power
    117
    Points
    15,709 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    Is there a way to quickly check the scoreboard without going to options menu?

    In Xbox360 case you just needed to press "Back" button. How do I do that in PS4?
    hold the options button down

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  14. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
  15. #262
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Posts
    243
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    2,956 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    hold the options button down
    Thanks.

  16. #263
    Superior Member
    Malt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Darkest Wales
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    553
    Rep Power
    9
    Points
    7,731 (0 Banked)
    Not wanting to further the Bf/CoD thing too much but I was a CoD player right up until I got BF3 for the PS3.. I can't play CoD now at all, I have tried but its just the same old $#@! I'd been doing ever since CoD:MW. When that game first came out it redefined online multiplayer play for me but the problem is nothing much has changed, ever since.. The Nazi zombie mode introduced in W@W was good for a while, but I think that was the last departure they made that actually added something new to the gameplay. There is so much more depth to BF, there's so much more to do and so many more ways to play it that even if they didn't radically alter anything for the next 10 years it wouldn't stale as much as CoD.. Jmo..

  17. #264
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    See I think KD ratio gets in the way of people doing objective maps properly. Too many run around in complete isolation just doing their own thing and focussing more on KD than taking risks to get the objective. I can come in the top three of a match based on my points even with a neg KD. If KD is the measure you are interested in then the Deathmatch is what you should play.
    It's fine if people do their own thing, that is what makes each round you play in BF4 unique or any other FPS game. If people played the game like robots and you were forced to play the game that way, it would be a dumb game, in fact I wouldn't buy it.

    Also, for people saying Battlefield is for the hardcore gamer vs the casuals, I don't agree with that. Just because the maps are bigger and there are vehicles doesn't make this game hardcore. Most of the elements that used to be in Battlefield are gone and the company is very hesitant to put that stuff in the game that were in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. There has yet to be a hardcore game on a console for FPS and the only one I can think of is on the PC only and has a learning curve from hell. Counter-Strike, FireArms, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Quake, Unreal Tournament, etc etc are all casual FPS. It's the gamer playing those that determine whether or not they, themselves are hardcore or the people around them, not the game.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 12-24-2013 at 12:55.

  18. #265
    Veteran
    GazzaGSi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,139
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    19,287 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Made a mini montage today. Didn't realise that you could merge multiple videos on youtube to 1 file so instead of afew little clips, here is a 2 min 33 sec video.

    Was messing around with the C4 on vehicles for most of it, 2 pistol kills and a decent sniping headshot that felt pretty good so couldn't leave that out

    Click the Cog/Settings for HD


  19. Likes Omar likes this post
  20. #266
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,479
    Rep Power
    190
    Points
    107,289 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG221 View Post
    You make it sound like im a handicap gamer I got kills in BF4 and Im good at every shooter that iv played till this day. Who knows maybe down the road Ill get a used copy for 20 bucks or something.
    really? what shooters have you played in the past? i was judging by the comments you made about BF4. you basically had nothing to say about it and just said that it sucked and that COD was better and it was your first COD game.

    what else do you want me to think? why don't you tell us what you hated about BF4? I can tell you exactly what i hate about COD and BF. that's because I have played both games enough to form an opinion that would be considered valid.

  21. #267
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    It's fine if people do their own thing, that is what makes each round you play in BF4 unique or any other FPS game. If people played the game like robots and you were forced to play the game that way, it would be a dumb game, in fact I wouldn't buy it.

    Also, for people saying Battlefield is for the hardcore gamer vs the casuals, I don't agree with that. Just because the maps are bigger and there are vehicles doesn't make this game hardcore. Most of the elements that used to be in Battlefield are gone and the company is very hesitant to put that stuff in the game that were in Battlefield 1942 and Battlefield 2. There has yet to be a hardcore game on a console for FPS and the only one I can think of is on the PC only and has a learning curve from hell. Counter-Strike, FireArms, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty, Battlefield, Quake, Unreal Tournament, etc etc are all casual FPS. It's the gamer playing those that determine whether or not they, themselves are hardcore or the people around them, not the game.
    Warhawk says hi!


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  22. #268
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    40
    Posts
    8,423
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    38,542 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Oh bollocks, just realised you said FPS


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  23. #269
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    17
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    hehehe

  24. #270
    Veteran
    Bligmerk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,408
    Rep Power
    97
    Points
    21,645 (0 Banked)
    The other cool thing with BF4 is your loadout is crap when you begin, and it is very depressing to have the gun barrel jumping with recoil, the gadgets are weak and not too useful. Then as you rank up, you start getting suppressors and pistol grips. The vehicles have different characteristics and they get perks to fight better. Also, it is very deflating to get knifed, but it feels oh so good to start being able to knife others. The size of the maps are going to make base camping almost impossible but there are choke points and strategy areas where there are fierce fire fights. Having a really decent 32 vs 32 is new for consoles and the gameplay frantic, there is always somebody watching you. It's really fun to take the mobile bot repair tool and electrocute guys. They see it in the fight but think it is just some stupid bot. Oh yeah, the other nice thing is being able to flank recon, so they can't just sit back on home base taking potshots.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

  25. #271
    Elite Member
    jonathanm1978's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Central Alabama
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,873
    Rep Power
    58
    Points
    533 (11,942 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    See I think KD ratio gets in the way of people doing objective maps properly. Too many run around in complete isolation just doing their own thing and focussing more on KD than taking risks to get the objective. I can come in the top three of a match based on my points even with a neg KD. If KD is the measure you are interested in then the Deathmatch is what you should play.
    Thanks for asking what I play...but the only game I join on both games is/was death match. Either squad or team.

    Sent from my LG-LS980 (G2) using Tapatalk


    'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

  26. #272
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    See I think KD ratio gets in the way of people doing objective maps properly. Too many run around in complete isolation just doing their own thing and focussing more on KD than taking risks to get the objective. I can come in the top three of a match based on my points even with a neg KD. If KD is the measure you are interested in then the Deathmatch is what you should play.
    I was thinking the exact same thing last night when I was playing squad mode on COD. Instead of reviving each other and fighting as a team these guys in this particular lobby were just trying to get big kill counts and so the whole team would just get wiped out. I thought why dont you guys just go play some deathmatch? Luckily most of my experiences in squad mode had great teamwork. Anyway this is about BF4 not COD so I'll shut up now. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-25-2013 at 01:11.

  27. #273
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,272
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    31,865 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I cycle through squads and find the squad that does the objectives (Conquest). For domination, I look for a squad that has just assault and support players...and If I don't see any, I leave and create my own squad.

    Great games with effekts (sorry I forgot your forum name lol) playing domination, we always find a way to pull through and win (i must admit I do bull$#@! through the entire match trying to c4 people chasing me, but when the game is on the line I always do what I have to do to get the win)

    With these games, objectives comes first. Whether it's supporting your teammates or doing the game mode objective, I make those my first priority. My second is to at least have a 2:1 kdr at the end of each game while having fun (never get frustrated), at worst a 1:1 but never negative

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  28. #274
    Forum Sage
    BBK..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,779
    Rep Power
    88
    Points
    39,497 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Decided to purchase Premium membership today. Any idea when the other maps come out?

    Also, I've seen people running around in colored clothes, how do i change my clothes?

  29. #275
    PSU Editor
    bizarro13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Seattle
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    7
    Points
    2,638 (0 Banked)
    I played a ton of Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (the best in recent years) and Battlefield 3 (really good) and I have to say that I'm not enamored with Battlefield 4 at all.

    I realize I'm growing tired of the standard annualized military shooters, but BF4 just doesn't do anything for me. The graphics are fantastic. Some of the levels are interesting. I don't feel like there's as much balance with the default loadouts like there has been in the past and starting out behind everyone else that has leveled up is almost on Call of Duty levels of difficult. I'm sticking with Blacklight: Retribution for now.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.