Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 31323 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    their idea was amazing for last generation and it paved the way for other shooters but it's just not good enough anymore imo. EA/DICE was thinking ahead, that's why their franchise has more potential.

however, i also think BF needs a big overhaul. because this is still a cross-gen title and it feels like it. they need to cut off support for the lower platforms and move ahead with true next-gen potential.

while COD would still be stuck with last-gen because i know they don't want to change the formula until the series completely dies off. they will then try to come out with a new series that will be like COD but with a next-gen twist. or they might just make the next COD game from scratch, either way.

if not, we're in some worrying times. because i don't like these transitional games too much. i want next-gen now.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i would sell that piece of $#@!
    At least COD works. lol But yeah I've been enjoying COD myself. I'm pretty hooked on squad mode right now. Mainly Safeguard. Reminds me of horde mode on Gears which I was also hooked on. But to each their own I guess.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think they are concentrating to much on trying to beat Call of Duty launches than trying to make a solid FPS game. Battlefield has so much going for it, but it gets screwed by EA always rushing the product to the shelves before CoD rather than giving the gamers a good experience. I will have has much fun as I can with BF4 and I'm having a good time so far, but there are things that cut the fun short for me and it's inexcusable on EA's behalf. I won't purchase a future Battlefield game until after it releases so I can see if there is anything wrong with it.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I think they are concentrating to much on trying to beat Call of Duty launches than trying to make a solid FPS game. Battlefield has so much going for it, but it gets screwed by EA always rushing the product to the shelves before CoD rather than giving the gamers a good experience. I will have has much fun as I can with BF4 and I'm having a good time so far, but there are things that cut the fun short for me and it's inexcusable on EA's behalf. I won't purchase a future Battlefield game until after it releases so I can see if there is anything wrong with it.
    Yeah EA has a way of tainting everything they touch. BF4 is just broken in its present state.

Forum Overseer

broken as in, you can't play conquest still? the ps3 version is perfectly fine now...except there's a lot more slow-down than BF3 and a lot more input lag (though BF3 had this too in the beginning then patched)...those graphics are understandable, this game wasn't meant for previous generation.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    talking about the PS4 version. But it's not just that. The flight area in the game is much smaller compared to Battlefield 3, which to me makes no sense why they did that. It's like trying to fly choppers in bad company with a small area and the diameter within that area is narrow.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    broken as in, you can't play conquest still? the ps3 version is perfectly fine now...except there's a lot more slow-down than BF3 and a lot more input lag (though BF3 had this too in the beginning then patched)...those graphics are understandable, this game wasn't meant for previous generation.
    For me, there's still pop-ins, sometimes it stays on the loading screen indefinitely, textures don't load for a few seconds when you start a match. And there's the odd crash, too.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Overseer

oh wow...ok i guess i should probably delay my PS4 purchase then. i already have the digital version of BF4 ready for PS4 but i can't stand $#@! like this.

i also thought that the smaller area for jets was only for the previous gen consoles! wow...like i said, that's why i will not support a cross-gen game. they did ruin the jets for me as well. it takes 10 seconds to go from one end to the other!

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Yeah I'm on the upgraded version, too. To be fair it's improved a helluva lot, but it's telling that even at that it's still broken at times. That's the consequence of a rushed product, I guess.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Plus the campaign still crashes too. And I enjoy the BF4 campaigns as well as MP so to me its a problem.

Forum Overseer

Is BF4 pretty much unplayable?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    I can't load the second mission of the campaign, but 7 times outta' 10 the online's grand.

Forum Overseer

7 out of 10? that's pretty weak lol. i can't do that because i barely get time to play. it's difficult, i want to wait but my $#@! is already ready. i have PS+, have BF4...just need a PS4 (out of stock). this is bad but at least i can play the PS3 version if PS4 doesn't work.

Veteran
    Is BF4 pretty much unplayable?
    Simple answer is no, it is very playable. There are still some bad bugs but it is a lot more stable since launch. Some of these recent network problems are because there were huge DDoS attacks that were going on a couple days ago from DERP, another grieferpunk hacking group.

Some of these comments are over exaggerated. Some guys can get deadly accurate with the helos, and the maps are plenty large enough for the action. Some guys are getting very expert with flying helos in between buildings. BF4 is way better than BF3, for balance, variety of maps, 32 vs 32 is wild on the PS4. There are a lot of differences with the weapons and it takes quite awhile to become familiar with their strengths and weakness.

Nice thing is DICE really addressed the issues making spawn camping and base rape almost impossible. Nothing worse than some sniper spawn camping. The other nice feature is making flanking very effective. Nothing more satisfying than to come up behind a group of snipers and start stabbing them with the shank or machete. The panic is LOL. The other thing I like to do is come up behind them with the repair bot and electrocute them. There is almost a look of surprise when they realize the repair bot can kill them. The game is such a load of laughs.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

15. Likes Malt, Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer

ok, i was panicking a little lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Simple answer is no, it is very playable. There are still some bad bugs but it is a lot more stable since launch. Some of these recent network problems are because there were huge DDoS attacks that were going on a couple days ago from DERP, another grieferpunk hacking group.

Some of these comments are over exaggerated. Some guys can get deadly accurate with the helos, and the maps are plenty large enough for the action. Some guys are getting very expert with flying helos in between buildings. BF4 is way better than BF3, for balance, variety of maps, 32 vs 32 is wild on the PS4. There are a lot of differences with the weapons and it takes quite awhile to become familiar with their strengths and weakness.

Nice thing is DICE really addressed the issues making spawn camping and base rape almost impossible. Nothing worse than some sniper spawn camping. The other nice feature is making flanking very effective. Nothing more satisfying than to come up behind a group of snipers and start stabbing them with the shank or machete. The panic is LOL. The other thing I like to do is come up behind them with the repair bot and electrocute them. There is almost a look of surprise when they realize the repair bot can kill them. The game is such a load of laughs.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I can't load the second mission of the campaign, but 7 times outta' 10 the online's grand.
    While playing campaign I've been starting my campaign play sessions by using mission select rather than resume. Haven't had a single problem since doing that (fingers crossed). I got the idea from a guy who said he completed the entire campaign without a problem by doing that. And I upload the save to the cloud after every mission by pausing and then go to the OS and upload. Working great for me so far.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    My wonderful wife bought me premium for BF4 for my birthday so redeemed that today and been on and off almost all day just happened to be double XP weekend for premium as well so that was a bonus!

I'm level 30 now and logged bang on 37 hours, quite a lot time was taken going for the .45 Old School trophy - 45 kills with the M1911. To actually unlock that pistol 36,000 pistol points are needed so when you get 100 points for a kill, you can see why it takes a little while

The only issue I've had online since the last patch acouple of weeks ago is the sound is still not there at the start of a map for a minute or so. Other than that I haven't had any problems or crashes. I've played Domination, Squad Deathmatch, Large Conquest and Rush today.

I can't get enough of it and there's always something that amazes me during most matches.

Just going back to Ghosts, that was double xp last weekend and it did take me acouple of hours to get going with it but I did start to enjoy it. A huge plus for it over BF4 is the ease of getting some mates together in a lobby on the same team! And ok I accept it can be annoying when playing an objective based game mode and it only seems like you're the one trying to complete the objective whether it be domination or S&D etc but with acouple of mates and the headset agreeing on which objective to capture you can dominate pretty well and get the other team on the back foot.

That's BF4's main downfall IMO, not being able to buddy up before starting a match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    While playing campaign I've been starting my campaign play sessions by using mission select rather than resume. Haven't had a single problem since doing that (fingers crossed). I got the idea from a guy who said he completed the entire campaign without a problem by doing that. And I upload the save to the cloud after every mission by pausing and then go to the OS and upload. Working great for me so far.
    I actually now think that particular issue (one of a few) was down to my PS4 itself, if Killzone: Shadow Fall was anything to go by. I'll check it out when I start the game back up and report back!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Thanks for this tip, I started the single player campaign when I first got my ps4 and lost my save data (fortunately had only finished the first level) so haven't been back to it. Will bear this in mind when I pick up the campaign again.

I'm a hater, a traito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    Starting to really get into this... but that bolt-action sniper rifle you start with. Christ.
    I know... shoot, aim second shot, pull trigger... NOPE - must reload.

Also, can't sell cod because it was digital + ps4 upgrade. But it was a GS so no big deal.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by irish-sid View Post
    I know... shoot, aim second shot, pull trigger... NOPE - must reload.
    I know your pain quite frustrating when you've lined a kill up too!

Having said that, I do like the bolt action. Probably because that's what I used to use in World at War for hours on end years ago. It makes me laugh when I get hit from a sniper but don't get killed and you just hear a load of sniper shots going off and whizzing passed you while the sniper spams the weapon trying to get a second hit

Veteran
    Well, Conquest is being hammered now. It looks like it is the Conquest servers that are overloaded. The lost connection message is actually an indicator all available servers are full. Found that out by trying some of the other types like Obliteration and was able to connect, without blur and jitter. EA was probably prepared for one million online simultaneously and there are more like two million. Kept trying during the day and eventually got on. Those servers where you lose everything are somehow not ranked servers, might be another netcode bug. Just disconnect and try again, usually the second or third time, it will be with a ranked server again.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    In the few hours I've played, I've had 0 crashes.

Also, does BF4 feel faster compared to BF2 or even BF:BC? To me it feels more COD-ified.
    Be Together - Not the same.

PSN ID
    Game_over_shane
    I took a break from the game after my stuff disappeared for a few days, and when I came back all my stuff was back so I'm good foe now.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    In the few hours I've played, I've had 0 crashes.

Also, does BF4 feel faster compared to BF2 or even BF:BC? To me it feels more COD-ified.
    Depends on the loadouts. IF one of your squad mates have squad sprint then you all run faster.
    The speed fees about right to me, its not too fas and its not too slow. (well when I played the beta.)

Thread Information