Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 41424 ... LastLast
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Depends on the loadouts. IF one of your squad mates have squad sprint then you all run faster.
    The speed fees about right to me, its not too fas and its not too slow. (well when I played the beta.)
    Don't think that works in bf4 because my boy uses the set of perks that gives you 3 claymores on support and I use the scout perk that gives 6 c4's. We always build our meter up but we never get stacking perks.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    i was playing it today (PS3) and i was thinking...there are so many spots in this game that are so underused. then i thought, oh right, it's 24 players, duh. i can definitely see the game being hell of a lot better in 64 player and a lot less running :S

Veteran
    All of these problems are from EA netcode bugs, not the game. The problem is some player gets on with really laggy ping and that will bring a whole session down. Most servers have some way of kicking laggy connection players but it is usually gracefully out to a panel that says something like "connection too slow" or "servers busy". With BF4, if your connection gets laggy during a game, you get booted but out to an error code and it is a crash exit. That is just some sloppy netcode coding. Non fatal errors like too much lag should be something like IF LAG>100ms, then Exit Panel and close session. EA has always been kind of clunky with their netcode and servers. Look at Origin. And come to think of it, the path is open network through Origin through PSN then through to EA game servers. It's a wonder there isn't more lag.
    Last edited by Bligmerk; 01-07-2014 at 00:27.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    All of these problems are from EA netcode bugs, not the game. The problem is some player gets on with really laggy ping and that will bring a whole session down. Most servers have some way of kicking laggy connection players but it is usually gracefully out to a panel that says something like "connection too slow" or "servers busy". With BF4, if your connection gets laggy during a game, you get booted but out to an error code and it is a crash exit. That is just some sloppy netcode coding. Non fatal errors like too much lag should be something like IF LAG>100ms, then Exit Panel and close session. EA has always been kind of clunky with their netcode and servers. Look at Origin. And come to think of it, the path is open network through Origin through PSN then through to EA game servers. It's a wonder there isn't more lag.

I always seem to timeout/ loose session with DICE games when they are new, it happened with bad company 2 and BF3, it took them a couple of months to fix it until I could play without being disconnected.
    It is why I have held off buying BF4.
    Last edited by keefy; 01-07-2014 at 01:04.

5. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    I always seem to timeout/ loose session with DICE games when they are new, it happened with bad company 2 and BF3, it took them a couple of months to fix it until I could play without being disconnected.
    does not happen to me ever.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    That would infuriate me. Glad I've not come across that.

Does anyone know the date for Second Assault map pack? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    does not happen to me ever.
    Didn't happen to my squad mates either, just me, but I was not alone there was hundreds in the forums and batlog suffering the same, thing is they fixed it inthe previous game yet the following game had the exact same issue.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    That would infuriate me. Glad I've not come across that.

Does anyone know the date for Second Assault map pack? Thanks.

It's 'to be confirmed' unfortunately.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    It's 'to be confirmed' unfortunately.
    Damn, metro and Oman look ace in the teaser trailer

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I really wish they didn't rehash BF3 maps like metro. Honestly, I can't stand that map but I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be getting the premium this time around. It just seems like while the game is fun, everything is choppy in terms of functionality. What I mean is, the China Rising maps should also be mixed in with the vanilla maps but they're not. In Battlefield 3, the premium map packs for conquest were mixed in, but on here they're not. And I kind of find Metro a really bad map. Operation locker is pretty fun but metro just sucks, I hate that map with a passion. Same with the redesigned Gulf of Oman, the BF2 map of Gulf of Oman was much better.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    I really wish they didn't rehash BF3 maps like metro. Honestly, I can't stand that map but I guess it doesn't matter since I won't be getting the premium this time around. It just seems like while the game is fun, everything is choppy in terms of functionality. What I mean is, the China Rising maps should also be mixed in with the vanilla maps but they're not. In Battlefield 3, the premium map packs for conquest were mixed in, but on here they're not. And I kind of find Metro a really bad map. Operation locker is pretty fun but metro just sucks, I hate that map with a passion. Same with the redesigned Gulf of Oman, the BF2 map of Gulf of Oman was much better.
    yeah, i couldn't even make out some of the BF2 maps with the redesign. i wish they had just given them a next-gen upgrade.

Forum Sage
    Didn't happen to my squad mates either, just me, but I was not alone there was hundreds in the forums and batlog suffering the same, thing is they fixed it inthe previous game yet the following game had the exact same issue.
    Dice can't release stable games. BF3 had it's bugs now for some reason it seems DICE have included this new game feature called rubberbanding. it's awesome. Even with a low ping of 30ms you can have the effect of being pulled back every 30 or so paces. It really makes the game hard when you are trying to shoot someone and your character jumps every so often.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Dice can't release stable games. BF3 had it's bugs now for some reason it seems DICE have included this new game feature called rubberbanding. it's awesome. Even with a low ping of 30ms you can have the effect of being pulled back every 30 or so paces. It really makes the game hard when you are trying to shoot someone and your character jumps every so often.
    never had this problem. i'm surprised to hear this (from many people) considering these are dedicated servers. shouldn't be an issue.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    never had this problem. i'm surprised to hear this (from many people) considering these are dedicated servers. shouldn't be an issue.
    It happens to me too every now and then. It's mostly Lancang Dam and one or two of the maps (can't remember which) in China Rising that has this problem for me.

16. Likes Demi_God likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Re-downloaded it after an initialization and I'm back to having a campaign error, it's that common one CE-34878-0. So annoying.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    We need to get a squad sorted! I'm fed up of playing alone haha.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Forum Overseer
    surprisingly i haven't seen any of these errors on the PS3 version.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I finished the campaign without anymore issues by doing the mission select thing and not resume.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    I have randomly lost my Story mode progress TWICE now. When I come round to drag myself offline and try make some progress, I press 'campaign' or whatever it says, and it came up saying 'Choose difficulty'.
    Whereas the other times I've taken that route its just said like, continue campaign.
    Any reason I've lost progress? Any way of recuperating it?

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I have randomly lost my Story mode progress TWICE now. When I come round to drag myself offline and try make some progress, I press 'campaign' or whatever it says, and it came up saying 'Choose difficulty'.
    Whereas the other times I've taken that route its just said like, continue campaign.
    Any reason I've lost progress? Any way of recuperating it?
    i have been able to replicate that. the reason it happens is if you turn off the console during the campaign. if you exit and let it save, it should not do that. i can't say for 100% but i have noticed that this is how it happens.

Veteran
    I literately hate that 80% of times I use the server browser to play my favorite map which is Op Locker the system is way too stupid and sends me to the map which starts loading like it normally would then the screen goes black for a few seconds and starts loading Siege of Shangai, I HATE IT! Seriously where the $#@! are the custom maps? I remember back in BF3 when I could be stuck for hours in a Op Metro only map for hours of glorious mayhem.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I literately hate that 80% of times I use the server browser to play my favorite map which is Op Locker the system is way too stupid and sends me to the map which starts loading like it normally would then the screen goes black for a few seconds and starts loading Siege of Shangai, I HATE IT! Seriously where the $#@! are the custom maps? I remember back in BF3 when I could be stuck for hours in a Op Metro only map for hours of glorious mayhem.
    i have to agree, when the competitive part is gone, the game is a lot more fun.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    i have been able to replicate that. the reason it happens is if you turn off the console during the campaign. if you exit and let it save, it should not do that. i can't say for 100% but i have noticed that this is how it happens.
    So I've lost my progress twice forever, and I have no alternative than to grin and bear it and start again. This time making sure I don't close the app without exiting Campaign first? Great.

Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I do this alot, the reason you're getting a black screen and then Seige is loading is because the maps are in a very specific order and not randomly generated
    Golmund, Ops, Seige, Lancang, Zavod are the five in that specific order I can remember off the top of my head.
    You, like I often do; are joining the game at the moment the round has finished and the game is preparing to move onto the next map. I get this ALOT. Its hit and miss at what stage you can join a game.
    If you're after a FULL game on Ops your best bet is to search for Golmund Railway and play out the remainder of that game, then Ops is the one after that.

Note: I assume this is for every game mode though I can't guarantee it, certainly its the case for the large Conquest game mode.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I am a Battlefield fanboy through and through, but holy $#@! playing with and against a whole team of recons is just getting old. This game is trying my patience HARD. It really got bad with the Xmas noob invasion.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    So I've lost my progress twice forever, and I have no alternative than to grin and bear it and start again. This time making sure I don't close the app without exiting Campaign first? Great.
    now i can't guarantee this on the PS4 but it is what i think on the PS3 and that's how i was able to finish the game and unlock the stuff for online. yea. try to save the game first and get to the main menu before closing the app.

Thread Information