Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1525 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    meh playing with friends makes it too easy.

PSU Live Streamer
    source

DICE Attempts to Fix Battlefield 4 Rubber-Banding Issues

With "new higher-performance servers".

DICE has introduced "new higher-performance servers" in a bid to tackle Battlefield 4's ongoing rubber-banding issues.
    A post on the Battlefield blog claims that the issue, which worsened following the launch of the Naval Strike DLC and see players randomly teleport around the map due to connectivity issues, should hopefully be resolved.

The company explains a "significant amount of testing” was done before the servers were pushed live, and improvements are already being seen in 64-player matches.
    EA has defended the rocky launch of its multiplayer shooter series many times. Previously, a number of issues were scheduled for fixing, including sprint-death and enemies not taking damage. DICE has said that it will not work on future projects till Battlefield 4's issues have been sorted out.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Forum Overseer
    wow they are so deligent with this? Hopefully the game is now ready to be released after 6 months.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    meh playing with friends makes it too easy.
    You mean teamwork makes the game to easy opposed to everyone running around like headless John Rambos.

It's a team game!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    You mean teamwork makes the game to easy opposed to everyone running around like headless John Rambos.

It's a team game!

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    it's not a team game...they make things easy as **** with a team. a team game is COD Search & Destroy. Counter Strike, SOCOM, Rainbow Six (old ones). those are team games.

Last time I got in a chopper with a good driver, i had 51 kills and 1 death (BF3). it was boring.

Elite Sage
    BF4 isn't a team game?

Ok man

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    wow they are so deligent with this? Hopefully the game is now ready to be released after 6 months.

Its down to EA's greed. They wanted all platforms covered when in reality PS3 and 360 can barely handle it, it looks pants and only has 24 players max.

it's not a team game...they make things easy as **** with a team. a team game is COD Search & Destroy. Counter Strike, SOCOM, Rainbow Six (old ones). those are team games.

Last time I got in a chopper with a good driver, i had 51 kills and 1 death (BF3). it was boring.
    BF3 is not BF4.
    I do not understand what you are trying to point out here?
    Is it that a team game is one where you die more than you kill?

P.S
    Battlefield is about same age as SOCOM and older than COD.
    Also those games have way less players and much smaller maps.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-25-2014 at 16:29.

Forum Overseer
    BF4 isn't a team game?

Ok man

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    it is a team game but not in the traditional sense.

the game was designed to give too many perks when you're rolling with a team.

in games that i described, you don't only need teammates, you need good teammates, in BF4, you only need certain things from your teammates, not necessarily their skill or strategy.

but of course those things help...but e.g. having an ammo guy running around with me, no matter how dumb he/she is, would make me very powerful as an engineer that has unlimited amounts of rockets to shoot at vehicles.

that is not team work, that's just...i don't know what to call it, dumb.

Elite Sage
    I honestly don't get what you're saying. Yes you can play it alone but it's built up on team mechanics. Saying it's anything but is ridiculous.

To get the best experience you have to play in a squad. Seems like you want a game like Arma 2/3 and the mission packs you get with them

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    BF4 is dumbed down a little now, but it's still the best mp game out there. The whole field upgrade thing is stupid, but rolling with a team and without a team is like night in day in this game.

Forum Overseer
    I honestly don't get what you're saying. Yes you can play it alone but it's built up on team mechanics. Saying it's anything but is ridiculous.

To get the best experience you have to play in a squad. Seems like you want a game like Arma 2/3 and the mission packs you get with them

BBK.. Tapa. Talked.
    to make it simpler, you don't need good teammates to play good as a team. you just need teammates that can provide you with stuff like repairs, ammo, health, revive etc.

Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    BF4 is dumbed down a little now, but it's still the best mp game out there. The whole field upgrade thing is stupid, but rolling with a team and without a team is like night in day in this game.
    hence my problem with the game. they make it too easy when you're with a team.

it has little to do with skill.

Supreme Veteran
    I get what you are saying but in the past we had games that are "skill based" if a player has enough skill they can change the tide of the game and dominate, CS is one such game as is Quake, the former is still massively popular, the latter is slowly rottign away due to how much skills you do need to be competitive.

Things like suppression cause your aim to be all over the place except where you want it, also there is such a thing as random bullet deviation (RBD) so if your sights are spot on you could miss unless in close quarters situation where this RBD has little to no effect.

This vid shows how bad a mechanic suppression is and how down to luck it often is. It rewards everyone for missing.
    http://youtu.be/oa6xscExMD0?t=32s
    Last edited by keefy; 04-25-2014 at 19:58.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I get what you are saying but in the past we had games that are "skill based" if a player has enough skill they can change the tide of the game and dominate, CS is one such game as is Quake, the former is still massively popular, the latter is slowly rottign away due to how much skills you do need to be competitive.

Things like suppression cause your aim to be all over the place except where you want it, also there is such a thing as random bullet deviation (RBD) so if your sights are spot on you could miss unless in close quarters situation where this RBD has little to no effect.

This vid shows how bad a mechanic suppression is and how down to luck it often is. It rewards everyone for missing.
    http://youtu.be/oa6xscExMD0?t=32s
    except in CS, you couldn't win without a team. you could be the baddest player ever but if your clan was bad or that your team was half, it didn't matter how good you were.

you could do some things alone but it was mostly about skill and team.

Suppression means nothing in BF games.

Forum Elder
    Still love playing it but helicopter pilots are really starting to pass me off, especially the ones that hide out of bounds from infantry.

It's been my goal lately to ruin their ****ing day with stingers.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Supreme Veteran
    except in CS, you couldn't win without a team. you could be the baddest player ever but if your clan was bad or that your team was half, it didn't matter how good you were.

you could do some things alone but it was mostly about skill and team.

Suppression means nothing in BF games.
    I don't agree with you.

Forum Overseer
    I don't agree with you.
    4 v 1, i can see skill overcoming but in CS, if you were playing 16v16 and one side had 8 left and the other still 15, the side with lesser members would likely lose. that is if the skill level isn't too different.

you can't take over with one person, no way in hell. unless you were playing with a bunch of newbs.

Supreme Veteran
    Sure if you make the numbers higher. Vanilla CS is 5v5.
    ITs unlikely to take on 32 players in BF4 and win either.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-25-2014 at 23:53.

Forum Overseer
    Sure if you make the numbers higher. Vanilla CS is 5v5.
    ITs unlikely to take on 32 players in BF4 and win either.
    give me a good vehicle or a good driver on a chopper and i can show you how to mow down *****es. it's not that hard.

also, i've seen assaults rolling together and basically there's no way to win if you don't kill them all...

Supreme Veteran
    Yes, all what you describe is team work.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-26-2014 at 03:28.

Forum Overseer
    ok you obviously don't get it. two people should not be able to mow down the entire other team.

that's not team work, that's noobull****.

Supreme Veteran
    I do get it I just do not agree with you.
    A squad of medics is not 2 people

The other team has to work together to take the helicopter or vehicle out. I have done it with my squad, a chopper is being a pain in the arse, 1 of us is a recon with the goggles or soflam and locks on the others fire their rox at it, they can repair if 1 hits it but if 3 hit in short succession they cannot repair fast enough.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-26-2014 at 03:59.

Forum Overseer
    A squad of medics is not 2 people
    no i went from a squad to two people in a chopper. they were two different examples. both bull**** though. same goes for a tank with a gunner.

The other team has to work together to take the helicopter or vehicle out. I have done it with my squad, a chopper is being a pain in the arse, 1 of us is a recon with the goggles or soflam and locks on the others fire their rox at it, they can repair if 1 hits it but if 3 hit in short succession they cannot repair fast enough.
    that's my point, you have a friend and it's fine, otherwise there's not much you can do. i can still take out chopper, they're easier to take out than BF3, that's why I gave BF3 as an example and it was still a ***** going against certain drivers.

this game isn't about strategy, it has everything to do with having a buddy. skill does matter to an extent however. but not too much.

in BF4, i can use the PLD and practically own the battlefield if I find a good spot...there's literally nothing any vehicle can do in maps where vehicles can't be too far or too close. which is actually the only good thing about the game as a solo person. that and being an engineer and having lock-on rockets...and an ammo pack close by.

you get a little boost and you can be unstoppable. kinda makes the game a little easy when you're playing with friends that want to do the same thing. little to do with strategy.

Supreme Veteran
    Stat padder server padding the stats. Live

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...5f878daa/#live

Juts 2 guys in a server and one kills the other over and over again for a couple of hours.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-27-2014 at 05:07.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Yup some dude tried to do it in a random room when I was still playing, and I kept killing him. They left after that game. He had a spawn becon and kept re spawning on it

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    to make it simpler, you don't need good teammates to play good as a team. you just need teammates that can provide you with stuff like repairs, ammo, health, revive etc.

hence my problem with the game. they make it too easy when you're with a team.

it has little to do with skill.
    Well then go back to CoD or keep lone wolfing it. How you can stomach playing with retarded invalid randoms is beyond me. The stupidity of randoms is astounding. They lack the comprehension of the basic fundamentals that help them be successful at this game.

Win or lose, I'd much rather roll with my platoon to have people to talk and strategize with. It's not like if you are in a platoon or clan you'll automatically win. That's just plain dumb to insinuate. For every Yin the game has a Yang. I don't know what you want from this game, but *****ing about it being a team game when Battlefield has always been a team game is a little out in left field if you ask me. Seems that maybe you lack what it takes to see what makes this game so good, or you're a CoD guy. Battlefield has been dumbed down a little, but it's still more of a thinking man's shooter than anything else out on the market right now. Whining about playing as a team in a Battlefield game...now I've seen it all.
    Last edited by N0REGARD4LIFE; 04-27-2014 at 09:02.

Thread Information