Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst ... 313 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    given up with conquest also tried the battlelog app but that doesnt work either
    09/10 and 10/11 PSU Forum Fantasy Premier League Winner
    London Wolves/To Hell We Ride

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Tried to like it. Not happening. It's inferior to BF3 in just about every way, particularly the gunplay mechanics and maps which is really, really disappointing. Because the BF3 maps weren't even that great, but these ones are trash. Game performance is shockingly bad, half of the games turn into slideshows and many crash either at the end or beginning or when one of those retarded levolution things happen.

The controls are horrible too, especially for vehicles. As if they actively tried to make them awful (well done you succeeded). The only good thing I can say is they added some nice gadgets and made a few good calls with the classes, i.e. giving Recon back its C4. Literally everything else about the game is a shower of $#@!. It doesn't feel like BF. It feels like Medal of Honour. $#@! that noise

Maybe I'll enjoy the next-gen-ness of the PS4 version. We'll see....
    You are talking about the PC version. Might sound unbelievable, but there is a night and day difference between the PC version and the PS4 version. DICE just recently said they felt needing 900p resolution with 60fps was worth it for the PS4. I have played Conquest on the PS4 at least a dozen times and never been kicked once, and that is with many sessions lasting over 30 minutes. For whatever reason, the PC version might deliver a sharper image but it comes at the cost of being a huge resource hog. Also, the DS4 is so nice, they have made all the vehicles very controller friendly. It is also so easy to jump in and play, play for several sessions or not. There has been lag but all I am using now is Quick Match, so it could just have been the connection.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    You are talking about the PC version. Might sound unbelievable, but there is a night and day difference between the PC version and the PS4 version. DICE just recently said they felt needing 900p resolution with 60fps was worth it for the PS4. I have played Conquest on the PS4 at least a dozen times and never been kicked once, and that is with many sessions lasting over 30 minutes. For whatever reason, the PC version might deliver a sharper image but it comes at the cost of being a huge resource hog. Also, the DS4 is so nice, they have made all the vehicles very controller friendly. It is also so easy to jump in and play, play for several sessions or not. There has been lag but all I am using now is Quick Match, so it could just have been the connection.
    No I am talking about the PS3 version. Which by the way is still relevant. BF4 should not have gotten through QA. Particularly Sony's QA. It's a joke almost on Skyrim's level.

And I'm sure the performance is fine on PS4. Doesn't detract from all the gameplay flaws though

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Just bought Battlefield 4 second-hand on PS3 for €34.99 - and it still has the unused PS4 digital version download code (which is why I bought it) and the China Rising code. Just checked on the PC store there. Beautiful. What's the deal with China Rising though, it's obviously a PS3 code, will I be able to get the PS4 version of it?

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Superior Member
    BF4 could have been the ultimate console FPS experience. But for what it does well on one side of the spectrum, it fails hard in the other. I couldn't give this game higher that a 6 out of 10 based on its current state. If everything was working as intended and a few things brought back like the ability to squad up prior to joining a match, I'd give it a 10
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I don't what the hell DICE did, but the first part of the night the game ran SMOOTH. It wasn't laggy, it didn't drop frames....just smoothness. And that's when it hits you: IF DICE can get this game fixed, it is by far the best MP game ever. Of course that smoothy smoothness only lasted about 2 hours and then it was lag/low fps/no bullets registering $#@!fest all over again.

Fired up PS4 this morning and have a 600MB patch for BF4 downloading. I'm just going to safe myself some grief and assume this one makes the game completely unplayable.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    It doesn't do that, but it doesn't help make the game playable lol.

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ok I opened my copy of BF4 my friend explained some things I played conquest.
    This game rocks its kinda hard.cod should be more like this.its more fast paced then cod

When does china risking come out I down loaded it
    Last edited by coolguy; 12-06-2013 at 07:43.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by harryluke View Post
    The only thing I have to say (other than $#@! off, EA) is that creating a thread called "Pro[of] That Dice Cant Develop Games!" is the exact kind of non-constructive bull$#@! that does spread useless negativity, and was a $#@! move on part of the OP in question. Those buzzword type titles often have a screaming-fire-in-a-movie-theater type of effect where the main result is a pointless hate-train that rarely results in any kind of decent discussion. Just take a look: out of the thread's remaining comments, nearly half of them are related to agreeing with the thread's title. I'd wager (and this goes for bug-related BF4 threads in general) that if the title was purely technical, you'd get far more relevant and helpful discussions going.
    That being said, the OP in question's points were all mature and relevant, and I'll agree with the consensus here that a ban definitely wasn't warranted.
    What are you on about?

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

How do you like BF4?

Been really enjoying it, having some great online matchups.

Pissed off though with single player, just gone to carry on with my Hard playthrough and my save data is gone asking me to start a new campaign.

Fortunately I'd not done much but doesn't fill me with confidence to start again so will stick to online for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Been really enjoying it, having some great online matchups.

Pissed off though with single player, just gone to carry on with my Hard playthrough and my save data is gone asking me to start a new campaign.

Fortunately I'd not done much but doesn't fill me with confidence to start again so will stick to online for a bit.

Isn't there a copy in the cloud?

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Isn't there a copy in the cloud?
    Forgot about that. Does PS4 auto upload save data as PS3? How do I view my cloud days on PS4, I can't seem to find the save data folder?
    Thanks for the reminder, hopefully it's there!

PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Forgot about that. Does PS4 auto upload save data as PS3? How do I view my cloud days on PS4, I can't seem to find the save data folder?
    Thanks for the reminder, hopefully it's there!

err...all excellent questions. I wondered on the way to work the other morning how it was storing cloud saves and meant to check but hadn't yet. Let me know if you locate it otherwise I'm taking a look in a while.

[edit] just located this comment on another site
    The corrupt save data bug is a huge annoyance, but you can retrieve your save data from PS+ cloud storage if you didn't start another game already.

I had gotten to the last chapter, and game crashed, save corrupted; went to Settings> Applicaton/Data Management> copy cloud storage to local storage, copy over your BF4 game save. Enjoy.
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 12-06-2013 at 19:36.

​aka Sparc

15. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Veteran
    err...all excellent questions. I wondered on the way to work the other morning how it was storing cloud saves and meant to check but hadn't yet. Let me know if you locate it otherwise I'm taking a look in a while.

[edit] just located this comment on another site
    Superstar thanks so much +rep.

Fortunately I'd not started a new game, I went into campaign and when I saw it asking for difficulty/new game I thought bugger, save data glitch so went back online. Thanks, appreciate the info

PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Superstar thanks so much +rep.

Fortunately I'd not started a new game, I went into campaign and when I saw it asking for difficulty/new game I thought bugger, save data glitch so went back online. Thanks, appreciate the info

Awesome! Really glad you hadn't lost it!

​aka Sparc

Veteran
    Awesome! Really glad you hadn't lost it!
    Same just hope my save data's have been backing up to the cloud as I didn't initially see any PS+ settings when I first setup the PS4. On PS3 I remember setting a time to turn on and check for updates etc.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Most important question of all....

Is it alone worth getting a PS4 for?

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Forum Elder
    That would depend on the pwrson.

I don't think there has ever been a game worth shelling out the price of a sysyem.

I would love to play Titanfall and forza but I'm not spending 620 to do it lol.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Overseer
    I've seen people get a console for one game.

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I've seen people get a console for one game.
    I hope it wasn't battlefield. This game is all kinds of $#@!ed up.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Most important question of all....

Is it alone worth getting a PS4 for?
    I made the decision to get a PS4 based on the fact that BF4 was the only game at launch I wanted, and the fact that the PS4 has the superior version. So for me, the answer to your question was YES.

24. Likes -Shafty- likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    I don't what the hell DICE did, but the first part of the night the game ran SMOOTH. It wasn't laggy, it didn't drop frames....just smoothness. And that's when it hits you: IF DICE can get this game fixed, it is by far the best MP game ever. Of course that smoothy smoothness only lasted about 2 hours and then it was lag/low fps/no bullets registering $#@!fest all over again.
    Go into options, gameplay and drop your network smoothing setting down. I dropped mine all the way down to about 10% and it didn't seem to affect the on screen effects. What it does do is improves the lag and you dont seem to get so many instances of putting a full clip into someone before they appear to see you and then you ending up killed by them anyway.
    Last edited by Malt; 12-09-2013 at 15:16.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Is there any truth to the "BF4 bricks PS4s" rap going around? I mean, I'd call nonsense, since about the most it can do is overheat the hardware and the hardware will shut down, cool off and can be safely restarted. Otherwise it can crash and display disturbing error messages, but that's not hardware. It can crash and corrupt save data, again not hardware. But I don't see how it can reasonably break the hardware. I suppose it can push the hardware so hard a fail-prone PS4 might go ahead and fail, but sooner or later some game is going to push the hardware that hard, making that particular defective PS4 break.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    Quote Originally Posted by Acid Snake View Post
    I hope it wasn't battlefield. This game is all kinds of $#@!ed up.
    I bought ps4 just for bf4

Thread Information