Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 414 ... LastLast
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm really starting to love this game but i really want to get this across, they really $#@!ed up with the perk system because it's useless most of the time. i wish it were more practical. also some perks are just reversed in order...wtf is up with that lol. lame!

overall, i absolutely love the gun tweaks...they have totally made the game awesome and DEFINITELY a lot more fun to check out different guns.

BF3 was inherently flaws so that 1) guns did not feel powerful (even the most powerful ones) unless you played hardcore 2) long-range was useless in the game...again because guns were powerless so it's pointless trying to hit someone even standing 5-6 times before they drop. it was just not practical.

they have fixed that by making guns more powerful and a lesser health. also it seems like bullets have more range in this game than previously.

it just makes the game so much more playable, people don't understand subtle yet very powerful game-changing, changes. i love these little changes and i play BF games to the max so i'm totally loving it.

guns are definitely a lot more specific this time around and only good for certain situations/maps.

but yea, they $#@!ed up with the perks. if they fixed that going forward, it would make the game perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Is there any truth to the "BF4 bricks PS4s" rap going around? I mean, I'd call nonsense, since about the most it can do is overheat the hardware and the hardware will shut down, cool off and can be safely restarted. Otherwise it can crash and display disturbing error messages, but that's not hardware. It can crash and corrupt save data, again not hardware. But I don't see how it can reasonably break the hardware. I suppose it can push the hardware so hard a fail-prone PS4 might go ahead and fail, but sooner or later some game is going to push the hardware that hard, making that particular defective PS4 break.
    people say that about all big releases.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    Go into options, gameplay and drop your network smoothing setting down. I dropped mine all the way down to about 10% and it didn't seem to affect the on screen effects. What it does do is improves the lag and you dont seem to get so many instances of putting a full clip into someone before they appear to see you and then you ending up killed by them anyway.
    I have mine at 0 and that yields the best performance for me, though I think the gap between 0-10% is negligible. But yeah, having this setting adjusted properly is key to getting some decent hit detection.

3. Likes Malt likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    people say that about all big releases.
    Thanks. That's what I figured. In my experience the only thing that can "break" hardware is a system software update, almost always in the form of a flashed update to firmware. Which doesn't really break the hardware, just makes it unusable and restoring the firmware to a previous version sometimes can't easily be performed by the user.

You can perhaps push hardware to overheat, etc., with software, but there's either an error in the official hardware spec delivered to developers, or just something wrong with that particular piece of hardware.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    Is there any truth to the "BF4 bricks PS4s" rap going around? I mean, I'd call nonsense, since about the most it can do is overheat the hardware and the hardware will shut down, cool off and can be safely restarted. Otherwise it can crash and display disturbing error messages, but that's not hardware. It can crash and corrupt save data, again not hardware. But I don't see how it can reasonably break the hardware. I suppose it can push the hardware so hard a fail-prone PS4 might go ahead and fail, but sooner or later some game is going to push the hardware that hard, making that particular defective PS4 break.
    Been playing BF4 on mine since launch day here, my PS4 don't even break a sweat running it so I can't see how its demanding enough to push a console to failure if the console is functioning normally to begin with..

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    I'm beyond frustrated now. I just spent 2 hours trying to get my MTAR, and it gave me the CE error a few times and lagged like crazy which robbed me of grenade kills a handful of times. Then once I got the MTAR, I proceeded to decimate everyone on Flood Zone to the tune of 24-3 with a LONG ways to go in the game and......CE error pops up and ruins that. So needless to say, $#@! this game for now. I literally stick this $#@!ing game in my microwave and watch it burn.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Just keep the faith mate, put it to one side until DICE work the bugs out if its annoying you that much. They will sort it, they've halted work on all their other projects to sort it out.. I blame EA and the pressure to get this out as a release title more than anything else, its still very much a work in progress..

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    For the first week or so I experienced frequent crashing, but after the update the crashes have become increasingly infrequent. Whereas I used to worry that it would crash any moment, it's now rather surprising to see the game crash. That's not perfection, but it's progress.

I'm two trophies away from getting a Platinum on this game, and have been enjoying it very much. Planning on knocking out the final trophies in a week or so here once the semester's exams are passed.

I'm actually rather surprised by the easy nature of this game's trophies. The hardest one appears to be getting 45 kills with the M1911, and that's only because you need 34,000 pistol points to unlock it (unless you use one of the various methods to unlock it automatically). Some of them are somewhat time consuming, but there aren't any backbreaking trophies to speak of here.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    I haven't played it yet but, why did they rush to put out a half-assed product? They should've just delayed it to get it right the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
    I haven't played it yet but, why did they rush to put out a half-assed product? They should've just delayed it to get it right the first time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    A common critique that I often make as well. However, I think this case is somewhat different in that DICE certainly was under considerable pressure to release the game on time. After all, the game was heavily advertised as a PlayStation 4 launch title -- Sony certainly wouldn't have allowed DICE to pull back in the final moments. It would always be ideal for games to be released only when they're fully ready, and when we're dead center in a generation, there really is no reason for games to be delayed. When a new console is being launched, however, I can see why games might get rushed out before they're entirely ready.

All of that in mind, I give kudos to DICE for getting a reliable fix prepared early on. It's a shame it ever happened, but the game is very playable at this point with only a few minor issues here and there.

11. Likes Malt likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    A common critique that I often make as well. However, I think this case is somewhat different in that DICE certainly was under considerable pressure to release the game on time. After all, the game was heavily advertised as a PlayStation 4 launch title -- Sony certainly wouldn't have allowed DICE to pull back in the final moments. It would always be ideal for games to be released only when they're fully ready, and when we're dead center in a generation, there really is no reason for games to be delayed. When a new console is being launched, however, I can see why games might get rushed out before they're entirely ready.

All of that in mind, I give kudos to DICE for getting a reliable fix prepared early on. It's a shame it ever happened, but the game is very playable at this point with only a few minor issues here and there.
    Do not apologize for them. If you give them the benefit of the doubt, we'll get day one DLC, locked content on disc or even worse... unfinished product for years to come!

...wait a minute

$Greatness$ Awaits™

13. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Apprentice

PSN ID
    bat0nas_LT
    How big currently is the bf4 ps4 community? I've heard that not so big. What about hardcore mode?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by bat0nas View Post
    How big currently is the bf4 ps4 community? I've heard that not so big. What about hardcore mode?
    If you look at the server browser it appears to show page after page of empty server, but when you use the quick match function you always seem to end up on a full server.. The PS3 version was the same when I played it at my brothers place before I got the ps4 and all.. Think it might be another bug..

Are there any servers with psu members in?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what do you need to know? i'm basically a BF vet and i have played BF3 for over 2 years.

in simple words, it's amazing. even on the PS3, even with its issues that only plague the previous gen consoles. it's worth every penny.
    I have to agree here as well. Besides the frustrating disconnect (not every often for me) and the random save game corrupt bugs, the multiplayer is great. I am definitely enjoying it. In its current state, it's not perfect due to the bugs, but if u like these type of games, you will not disappoint. I would recommend this over Kill Zone, which I haven't touch in weeks.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Forum Overseer
    If you look at the server browser it appears to show page after page of empty server, but when you use the quick match function you always seem to end up on a full server.. The PS3 version was the same when I played it at my brothers place before I got the ps4 and all.. Think it might be another bug..
    that's because when you click on quick search, you're not joining a hardcore server. it doesn't have the option to quick join a hardcore server.

most likely you guys are doing something wrong that no servers are showing up. if you post your filter settings, i can help.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Do not apologize for them. If you give them the benefit of the doubt, we'll get day one DLC, locked content on disc or even worse... unfinished product for years to come!

...wait a minute
    It's unfortunate, I agree. I suppose I'm more or less pessimistic of the idea that developers will shift away from this presumably über-profitably business model.

Elite Sage

Really, really enjoying it. Squading up with friends is a lot of fun. I bought BF4 and CoD Ghosts on the same day yet i've had ~24 hours with BF4 and ~1 hour on CoD. Second screen is a nice touch and helps when your squad spots a lot. Feels like i'm cheating!

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Really, really enjoying it. Squading up with friends is a lot of fun. I bought BF4 and CoD Ghosts on the same day yet i've had ~24 hours with BF4 and ~1 hour on CoD. Second screen is a nice touch and helps when your squad spots a lot. Feels like i'm cheating!
    I read that you appear on the enemy map the whole time when you're using the battlescreen app while playing... Maybe its a way of balancing things out.

Forum Overseer
    I read that you appear on the enemy map the whole time when you're using the battlescreen app while playing... Maybe its a way of balancing things out.
    no you don't, but your commander can see everyone depending on what helpline they use (don't know what else to call it).

of course, you'd see stuff too once your commander makes it visible.

Apprentice

BF4 is one of the best games out right now.

Forum Elder
    It's a great game but after I bought it I see battlefield premium for 49 more dollars. Wtf..

I need to buy the game twice to get all it offers. It just came out.

If this is the way games are going I won't be a gamer to much longer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Premium and Season Pass I've always stayed away from.

IO think the altter makes more sense, and really, only does so for games like TWD.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    It's a great game but after I bought it I see battlefield premium for 49 more dollars. Wtf..

I need to buy the game twice to get all it offers. It just came out.

If this is the way games are going I won't be a gamer to much longer

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    Yea its a rip off.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-11-2013 at 04:29.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Enjoying it immensely, though I'm disappointed in the amount of maps day 1.

Ultimate Veteran
    This game rocks iam so glad I opened my copy its better then cod,and iam a huge cod fan I love that series

Thread Information