Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 25 111 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 641

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    1,136 (0 Banked)

    How do you like BF4?

    I've been looking forward to BF4 a lot... but over the last days, I've heard some rumours, saying it was not that good at all?!?

    Here in Germany, the PS4 won't be released before tomorrow, so I hope you guys from USA can let me know about your experiences with this game so far...
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  2. #2
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what do you need to know? i'm basically a BF vet and i have played BF3 for over 2 years.

    in simple words, it's amazing. even on the PS3, even with its issues that only plague the previous gen consoles. it's worth every penny.

  3. #3
    Superior Member
    funkybudda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    NYC
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Posts
    894
    Rep Power
    56
    Points
    1,541 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    what do you need to know? i'm basically a BF vet and i have played BF3 for over 2 years.

    in simple words, it's amazing. even on the PS3, even with its issues that only plague the previous gen consoles. it's worth every penny.
    I have to agree here as well. Besides the frustrating disconnect (not every often for me) and the random save game corrupt bugs, the multiplayer is great. I am definitely enjoying it. In its current state, it's not perfect due to the bugs, but if u like these type of games, you will not disappoint. I would recommend this over Kill Zone, which I haven't touch in weeks.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    1,136 (0 Banked)
    That's good to hear... so the game is as good as expected?
    ...and has no technical problems on ps4 (such as online server connection issues)?
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  5. #5
    Dedicated Member
    roy8846's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    WOLVES UK
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,056
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    3,964 (0 Banked)
    Having a blast in MP, only had 1 disconnect out of around 6 hours Conquest so far
    Hell I may even do the campaign!

    Anyone want to party up?

    GgT-Wolves-FC
    PSN = GgT-Wolves-FC

  6. #6
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i heard it was having issues with the servers but i also heard that they were fixed. u couldn't play 64 conquest games for a while but now you can. i don't know if they are all fixed yet.

  7. #7
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    like Sufi said minor server drops when playing Conquest mode and occasional boots to the ps4 os with a blue screen error (you can load bf4 back up again but it'll overwrite your sp saves, just switch the ps4 off and back on to avoid that). get used to L2 and R2 being the trigger buttons (no way to switch back), you'll spend a bit of time bringing up the prompts and spotting...and the occasional unintended grenades lol

    Edit: haven't played since the update, so I don't know if it's fixed yet or not

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    1,136 (0 Banked)
    Thanks for the informations!

    Can anyone rell for sure whether or not the server problems are solved yet?

    (And still let us know your general opinions on this game, plz...! )
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  9. #9
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    like Sufi said minor server drops when playing Conquest mode and occasional boots to the ps4 os with a blue screen error (you can load bf4 back up again but it'll overwrite your sp saves, just switch the ps4 off and back on to avoid that). get used to L2 and R2 being the trigger buttons (no way to switch back), you'll spend a bit of time bringing up the prompts and spotting...and the occasional unintended grenades lol

    Edit: haven't played since the update, so I don't know if it's fixed yet or not

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    wait, it's more annoying than the trigger buttons on the Dual Shock 3? lol. how is that even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    Thanks for the informations!

    Can anyone rell for sure whether or not the server problems are solved yet?

    (And still let us know your general opinions on this game, plz...! )
    here's my honest opinion, if you really want this game, don't let the server issues get in the way because they are temporary. i have never had issues with BF (dedicated servers) so whatever is going on, is likely temp and EA knows this is their big AAA game and they won't just let it sit there.

  10. #10
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,227
    Rep Power
    111
    Points
    30,783 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    wait, it's more annoying than the trigger buttons on the Dual Shock 3? lol. how is that even possible?

    here's my honest opinion, if you really want this game, don't let the server issues get in the way because they are temporary. i have never had issues with BF (dedicated servers) so whatever is going on, is likely temp and EA knows this is their big AAA game and they won't just let it sit there.
    Now that I used the controller on the ps4 (used it for bf4 on ps3), I think the bumpers work really well for aiming and shooting. It's just that transition stage where you have to remap your brain to get used to playing the other way. After 7 years of using R1 and L1 it took me a days session to get used to L2 and R2

    Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i'm used to triggers...just that dual shock triggers weren't as good as the R1/L1.

  12. #12
    Newbie
    harryluke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    PSN ID
    affliction4
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    266 (0 Banked)
    The only thing I have to say (other than $#@! off, EA) is that creating a thread called "Pro[of] That Dice Cant Develop Games!" is the exact kind of non-constructive bull$#@! that does spread useless negativity, and was a $#@! move on part of the OP in question. Those buzzword type titles often have a screaming-fire-in-a-movie-theater type of effect where the main result is a pointless hate-train that rarely results in any kind of decent discussion. Just take a look: out of the thread's remaining comments, nearly half of them are related to agreeing with the thread's title. I'd wager (and this goes for bug-related BF4 threads in general) that if the title was purely technical, you'd get far more relevant and helpful discussions going.
    That being said, the OP in question's points were all mature and relevant, and I'll agree with the consensus here that a ban definitely wasn't warranted.

  13. #13
    Apprentice

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    28
    Posts
    284
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    2,152 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by harryluke View Post
    The only thing I have to say (other than $#@! off, EA) is that creating a thread called "Pro[of] That Dice Cant Develop Games!" is the exact kind of non-constructive bull$#@! that does spread useless negativity, and was a $#@! move on part of the OP in question. Those buzzword type titles often have a screaming-fire-in-a-movie-theater type of effect where the main result is a pointless hate-train that rarely results in any kind of decent discussion. Just take a look: out of the thread's remaining comments, nearly half of them are related to agreeing with the thread's title. I'd wager (and this goes for bug-related BF4 threads in general) that if the title was purely technical, you'd get far more relevant and helpful discussions going.
    That being said, the OP in question's points were all mature and relevant, and I'll agree with the consensus here that a ban definitely wasn't warranted.
    What are you on about?

  14. #14
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    There are annoying audio problems with this game. The audio cuts out quite a bit. I will say that the audio problem was in BF3 and the fact that this wasn't fixed for BF4 is pretty bad.

  15. #15
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,115
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    107,340 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I bought the game last night. I waited until they fixed the game somewhat since my friends told me that it was unplayable but now that they have patched it, it seems to be working now.







  16. #16
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    There are annoying audio problems with this game. The audio cuts out quite a bit. I will say that the audio problem was in BF3 and the fact that this wasn't fixed for BF4 is pretty bad.
    the audio problem is still there so sometimes it cuts out in the beginning of a round but it's nowhere near as bad where in BF3 it would be gone until you restarted the game or i think if the next round began, don't remember.

    i've had less audio issues. my big issue is when the hit markers stop showing up

  17. #17
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    the audio problem is still there so sometimes it cuts out in the beginning of a round but it's nowhere near as bad where in BF3 it would be gone until you restarted the game or i think if the next round began, don't remember.

    i've had less audio issues. my big issue is when the hit markers stop showing up
    really? I've had so many games where the majority of the time the audio was cut out besides my own gun shots. But the footsteps, vehicle sounds, choppers, etc etc were all cut out. From time to time the sound comes back on for 10 seconds and vanishes right after that for a few minutes. It's quite annoying.

  18. #18
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    really? I've had so many games where the majority of the time the audio was cut out besides my own gun shots. But the footsteps, vehicle sounds, choppers, etc etc were all cut out. From time to time the sound comes back on for 10 seconds and vanishes right after that for a few minutes. It's quite annoying.
    i'm thinking it might be because you have a lot of stuff on your HDD and over time it has become corrupt. there are ways to fix that but you'd need to make sure your data is backed up, at least saves that you can't ever get back. i have a thread on this but one dude's data was wiped out but his saves were on the cloud so it was a close one.

    here's a question: do you think the game's textures sometimes pop in late or not at all at times?

  19. #19
    Dedicated Member
    Demi_God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Icy hot of the north
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Posts
    1,426
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    7,913 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm thinking it might be because you have a lot of stuff on your HDD and over time it has become corrupt. there are ways to fix that but you'd need to make sure your data is backed up, at least saves that you can't ever get back. i have a thread on this but one dude's data was wiped out but his saves were on the cloud so it was a close one.

    here's a question: do you think the game's textures sometimes pop in late or not at all at times?
    I've noticed them popping in late awhile ago but not so much lately. Since I got a new router that is. doubtful it's the harddrive Sufi since I pretty much have only 3 games installed on it which are BF4, Resogun, and Contrast. This is a new system and these issues were very much there in BF3, it's worse on BF4 and I'm not the only one with this happening to. in fact, the majority of BF4 gamers are experiencing this problem.

  20. #20
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,681
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    96,035 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    my fault, i thought you were on the PS3 lol. forgot everyone got a PS4 but me.

    yea that must be exclusive to next-gen consoles. i do get audio issues but it's definitely not as bad as BF3.

  21. #21
    Apprentice
    timewriter2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,020 (0 Banked)
    Gee whizz.. I thought that patch hadnt worked. Can anyone else confirm for us nervous UK/EU BF4 buyers if this thing is fixed? Like I put in an earlier thread I am still doubtful if I will play this tomorrow ( I am away for the midnight launch of PS4 near where I live).

    Slaystation just be very careful if you are buying this game as it sounds like it may not be the complete package. Maybe give it a few weeks before purchasing to see if this patch/future patches address the multitude of errors. On the main listen to what these US guys are saying.

  22. #22
    Newbie
    Slaystation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Posts
    81
    Rep Power
    8
    Points
    1,136 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    Gee whizz.. I thought that patch hadnt worked. Can anyone else confirm for us nervous UK/EU BF4 buyers if this thing is fixed? Like I put in an earlier thread I am still doubtful if I will play this tomorrow ( I am away for the midnight launch of PS4 near where I live).

    Slaystation just be very careful if you are buying this game as it sounds like it may not be the complete package. Maybe give it a few weeks before purchasing to see if this patch/future patches address the multitude of errors. On the main listen to what these US guys are saying.
    I actually did buy it this afternoon. I still think it has to be epic + I am trusting EA to fix all remaining issues, as BF4 is indeed a game of decent importance to them. .....however I admit I'm getting a bit concerned by reading what other players are experiencing with this game... :-/


    PS:
    sorry to let you know, but: UK is part of EU. :P
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

  23. #23
    Apprentice
    timewriter2003's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    206
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    10,020 (0 Banked)
    Hi Slaystation. We are indeed apart of the EU.

    I have the game but dont have the DLC code included for China Rising but thats another story. Hope you are enjoying your PS4 and Battlefield 4. Germany is a beautiful country! I have been to Remagen and stayed in a nice wee town called Villip.

  24. #24
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    PSN ID
    Game_over_shane
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    508 (0 Banked)
    I'm loving the game so far but, when I got my copy it was missing the china rising doc code I'm the box. I wonder how I'm gonna get that. Any ideas?

  25. #25
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    281 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    Hi Slaystation. We are indeed apart of the EU.

    I have the game but dont have the DLC code included for China Rising but thats another story. Hope you are enjoying your PS4 and Battlefield 4. Germany is a beautiful country! I have been to Remagen and stayed in a nice wee town called Villip.
    Any way, China will never rise with the current amy , LoL

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.