Page 1 of 26 111 ... LastLast

How do you like BF4?

I've been looking forward to BF4 a lot... but over the last days, I've heard some rumours, saying it was not that good at all?!?

Here in Germany, the PS4 won't be released before tomorrow, so I hope you guys from USA can let me know about your experiences with this game so far...
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,
    which gives the humans an edge in combat."

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what do you need to know? i'm basically a BF vet and i have played BF3 for over 2 years.

in simple words, it's amazing. even on the PS3, even with its issues that only plague the previous gen consoles. it's worth every penny.

3. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    That's good to hear... so the game is as good as expected?
    ...and has no technical problems on ps4 (such as online server connection issues)?
    "Luckily, the Helghan economy is based on moving explosive material around in barrels,

Forum Overseer

i heard it was having issues with the servers but i also heard that they were fixed. u couldn't play 64 conquest games for a while but now you can. i don't know if they are all fixed yet.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    like Sufi said minor server drops when playing Conquest mode and occasional boots to the ps4 os with a blue screen error (you can load bf4 back up again but it'll overwrite your sp saves, just switch the ps4 off and back on to avoid that). get used to L2 and R2 being the trigger buttons (no way to switch back), you'll spend a bit of time bringing up the prompts and spotting...and the occasional unintended grenades lol

Edit: haven't played since the update, so I don't know if it's fixed yet or not

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

7. Likes Malt likes this post
    Thanks for the informations!

Can anyone rell for sure whether or not the server problems are solved yet?

(And still let us know your general opinions on this game, plz...! )

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    like Sufi said minor server drops when playing Conquest mode and occasional boots to the ps4 os with a blue screen error (you can load bf4 back up again but it'll overwrite your sp saves, just switch the ps4 off and back on to avoid that). get used to L2 and R2 being the trigger buttons (no way to switch back), you'll spend a bit of time bringing up the prompts and spotting...and the occasional unintended grenades lol

Edit: haven't played since the update, so I don't know if it's fixed yet or not

wait, it's more annoying than the trigger buttons on the Dual Shock 3? lol. how is that even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by Slaystation View Post
    Thanks for the informations!

Can anyone rell for sure whether or not the server problems are solved yet?

(And still let us know your general opinions on this game, plz...! )
    here's my honest opinion, if you really want this game, don't let the server issues get in the way because they are temporary. i have never had issues with BF (dedicated servers) so whatever is going on, is likely temp and EA knows this is their big AAA game and they won't just let it sit there.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    wait, it's more annoying than the trigger buttons on the Dual Shock 3? lol. how is that even possible?

here's my honest opinion, if you really want this game, don't let the server issues get in the way because they are temporary. i have never had issues with BF (dedicated servers) so whatever is going on, is likely temp and EA knows this is their big AAA game and they won't just let it sit there.
    Now that I used the controller on the ps4 (used it for bf4 on ps3), I think the bumpers work really well for aiming and shooting. It's just that transition stage where you have to remap your brain to get used to playing the other way. After 7 years of using R1 and L1 it took me a days session to get used to L2 and R2

Forum Overseer

i'm used to triggers...just that dual shock triggers weren't as good as the R1/L1.

PSN ID
    affliction4
    The only thing I have to say (other than $#@! off, EA) is that creating a thread called "Pro[of] That Dice Cant Develop Games!" is the exact kind of non-constructive bull$#@! that does spread useless negativity, and was a $#@! move on part of the OP in question. Those buzzword type titles often have a screaming-fire-in-a-movie-theater type of effect where the main result is a pointless hate-train that rarely results in any kind of decent discussion. Just take a look: out of the thread's remaining comments, nearly half of them are related to agreeing with the thread's title. I'd wager (and this goes for bug-related BF4 threads in general) that if the title was purely technical, you'd get far more relevant and helpful discussions going.
    That being said, the OP in question's points were all mature and relevant, and I'll agree with the consensus here that a ban definitely wasn't warranted.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    There are annoying audio problems with this game. The audio cuts out quite a bit. I will say that the audio problem was in BF3 and the fact that this wasn't fixed for BF4 is pretty bad.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I bought the game last night. I waited until they fixed the game somewhat since my friends told me that it was unplayable but now that they have patched it, it seems to be working now.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Demi_God View Post
    There are annoying audio problems with this game. The audio cuts out quite a bit. I will say that the audio problem was in BF3 and the fact that this wasn't fixed for BF4 is pretty bad.
    the audio problem is still there so sometimes it cuts out in the beginning of a round but it's nowhere near as bad where in BF3 it would be gone until you restarted the game or i think if the next round began, don't remember.

i've had less audio issues. my big issue is when the hit markers stop showing up

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    the audio problem is still there so sometimes it cuts out in the beginning of a round but it's nowhere near as bad where in BF3 it would be gone until you restarted the game or i think if the next round began, don't remember.

i've had less audio issues. my big issue is when the hit markers stop showing up
    really? I've had so many games where the majority of the time the audio was cut out besides my own gun shots. But the footsteps, vehicle sounds, choppers, etc etc were all cut out. From time to time the sound comes back on for 10 seconds and vanishes right after that for a few minutes. It's quite annoying.

Forum Overseer

really? I've had so many games where the majority of the time the audio was cut out besides my own gun shots. But the footsteps, vehicle sounds, choppers, etc etc were all cut out. From time to time the sound comes back on for 10 seconds and vanishes right after that for a few minutes. It's quite annoying.
    i'm thinking it might be because you have a lot of stuff on your HDD and over time it has become corrupt. there are ways to fix that but you'd need to make sure your data is backed up, at least saves that you can't ever get back. i have a thread on this but one dude's data was wiped out but his saves were on the cloud so it was a close one.

here's a question: do you think the game's textures sometimes pop in late or not at all at times?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    i'm thinking it might be because you have a lot of stuff on your HDD and over time it has become corrupt. there are ways to fix that but you'd need to make sure your data is backed up, at least saves that you can't ever get back. i have a thread on this but one dude's data was wiped out but his saves were on the cloud so it was a close one.

here's a question: do you think the game's textures sometimes pop in late or not at all at times?
    I've noticed them popping in late awhile ago but not so much lately. Since I got a new router that is. doubtful it's the harddrive Sufi since I pretty much have only 3 games installed on it which are BF4, Resogun, and Contrast. This is a new system and these issues were very much there in BF3, it's worse on BF4 and I'm not the only one with this happening to. in fact, the majority of BF4 gamers are experiencing this problem.

Forum Overseer

my fault, i thought you were on the PS3 lol. forgot everyone got a PS4 but me.

yea that must be exclusive to next-gen consoles. i do get audio issues but it's definitely not as bad as BF3.

Apprentice
    Gee whizz.. I thought that patch hadnt worked. Can anyone else confirm for us nervous UK/EU BF4 buyers if this thing is fixed? Like I put in an earlier thread I am still doubtful if I will play this tomorrow ( I am away for the midnight launch of PS4 near where I live).

Slaystation just be very careful if you are buying this game as it sounds like it may not be the complete package. Maybe give it a few weeks before purchasing to see if this patch/future patches address the multitude of errors. On the main listen to what these US guys are saying.

Quote Originally Posted by timewriter2003 View Post
    Gee whizz.. I thought that patch hadnt worked. Can anyone else confirm for us nervous UK/EU BF4 buyers if this thing is fixed? Like I put in an earlier thread I am still doubtful if I will play this tomorrow ( I am away for the midnight launch of PS4 near where I live).

Slaystation just be very careful if you are buying this game as it sounds like it may not be the complete package. Maybe give it a few weeks before purchasing to see if this patch/future patches address the multitude of errors. On the main listen to what these US guys are saying.
    I actually did buy it this afternoon. I still think it has to be epic + I am trusting EA to fix all remaining issues, as BF4 is indeed a game of decent importance to them. .....however I admit I'm getting a bit concerned by reading what other players are experiencing with this game... :-/

PS:
    sorry to let you know, but: UK is part of EU. :P

Been a BF player for a long time. Unless something drastic changes, BF4 will be my last one. There's just nothing new happening with the series, and in some ways, it's going backwards.

Anyway, it is what it is...

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I've played BF here and there, but skipped BF3 for the most part. I got BF4 for ps4 and have mixed feelings towards it. I want to play with multiple friends, and that can be a pain to actually achieve. Will be happy when they finally have a in-game party system so we can all join the room and be on the same team, etc.

I enjoy it besides that, but the issues have been annoying. In a few months it will be a lot better.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I've played BF here and there, but skipped BF3 for the most part. I got BF4 for ps4 and have mixed feelings towards it. I want to play with multiple friends, and that can be a pain to actually achieve. Will be happy when they finally have a in-game party system so we can all join the room and be on the same team, etc.

I enjoy it besides that, but the issues have been annoying. In a few months it will be a lot better.
    valid points but you're looking for different things than others. i, for one, do not play with clans (not that i wouldn't, just doesn't happen) and i think this game is better than BF3 in every possible way...just not graphically and that's of course if you're playing the PS3 version.

but yea, i think the game is definitely a 9 if BF3 was an 8.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Even with the current problems the PS4 version has, it's still better than BF3, that I can agree with. But at the same time there really isn't a good excuse for certain things being left out but this is clearly to be expected since this has been happening with every battlefield launch. I just know from now on I won't rush out to pre-order the game since the premium will give me the same things. This way I can wait till the game is polished more.

Still having fun playing the game anyway.

Forum Overseer

Even with the current problems the PS4 version has, it's still better than BF3, that I can agree with. But at the same time there really isn't a good excuse for certain things being left out but this is clearly to be expected since this has been happening with every battlefield launch. I just know from now on I won't rush out to pre-order the game since the premium will give me the same things. This way I can wait till the game is polished more.

Still having fun playing the game anyway.
    because it was a cross-gen title, their resources would be spread thin, i'm sure they'll patch it in but it's fairly obvious at this point they weren't ready but this will get them a lot of money and it's also good for the console makers.

and they probably know this and which is why i'd be surprised if they went cross-gen again. i think they will just come out with a much better game moving forward.

Superior Member

PSN ID
    funkybudda
    this is my first entry into the Battlefield series, but I am hooked. I was frustrated during PS4 launch week due to the various save corruption and MP disconnect bugs, but the latest patch seems to have addressed that and I dont have problem with single player campaign and joining any 64 conquest MP sessions. I've like it enough that I have purchased the premium as well.
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Thread Information