Latest PSU headlines:

Thread: My KNACK Review

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)

My KNACK Review

This isn't a bad game by any means. It's much better than most reviews give it credit for. It's pretty damn fun, and a breathe of fresh air from all the shooters on next-gen consoles.

If you're as old as I am, you will probably want to play this on the Hardest Difficulty possible. It's actually more challenging than BF4 and COD Ghosts.

Knack reminds me of the original Uncharted: Drakes Fortune game. It's a fun game that has a lot of potential, but also a few hiccups as well. This game could've used another 6-8 months in the oven to really iron out the wrinkles. You have to remember that this game was mostly developed before PS4 specs were even finalized. I think if there is a KNACK 2, it will be greatly improved and a solid addition to the PS4 library.

POSITIVES
    -Knack plays how you would expect a modern day Crash Bandicoot to play.
    -Hidden areas and collecting items that adds to exploration and replay value.
    -Colorful, vibrant world that stands out among the other dark gritty launch titles.
    -Physics and destruction are nice. Sometimes I don't mind dying in Knack just to see all the parts go flying and rolling around.
    -Variety of enemies and weapons. Medieval environment with primitive weaponry.
    -Solid balance between gameplay and cutscenes. The story and cutscenes never feel intrusive or too long.
    -Sharp 1080p image
    -One of the few games on next-gen systems that targets younger audiences.
    -Reminiscent of old school mascot games
    -This game is pretty long so you will get your moneys worth if you complete it.
    -Unique co op play along that isn't in 99% of other games. Perfect if you're playing with a younger sibling or child.

NEGATIVES
    -Frame rate hiccups. This isn't apparent until you become Huge Knack. But then it's very obvious. This problem is obviously correctable, and might be fixed with a patch. I know they had to rush the game out for launch, but a solid 60fps would've made the game a lot better.
    -The beginning area in the Lab is barren and empty. It's mostly a training area. The game gets a lot better once you finish the first chapter or two.
    -Knack is a pretty ugly character for someone who is supposed to be a mascot.
    -The game could've used more platforming. It's more of a beat em up with platforming elements. It would've been better the other way around.
    -The graphics are decent but not amazing.
    -More Boss Battles would've been nice.

OVERALL: 7.5
    I haven't finished yet, so this may or may not change.
    Last edited by INFAMOUS8; 11-28-2013 at 02:52.

2. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from BlackColeBattlefield 3
    You can't post review unless you finish the game. Iam on my second play through and want to get platinum in it, and I would give it 8 of 10 as the game is so great. And already another guy have posted the review thread and you should have wrote the review in there no need for a new thread.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Superior Member
    Having more fun with the KNACK campaign than any other campaign on PS4.

The game should have more boss battles though. Boss battles that require timing and strategy a la Crash Bandicoot.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Even though you haven't finished it, I agree with your review.
    Except for
    "The graphics are decent but not amazing."
    Compared to what? Whats wrong with them? There supposed to look like a Pixar movie and it does that very well.
    I don't think he's ugly, lol!

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    Even though you haven't finished it, I agree with your review.
    Except for
    "The graphics are decent but not amazing."
    Compared to what? Whats wrong with them? There supposed to look like a Pixar movie and it does that very well.
    I don't think he's ugly, lol!
    Some areas look great. Some textures are horrid up close.

Quite frankly, I hope there is a KNACK 2 because this game has a lot of potential.

7. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    After reading this thread I went out and rented Knack today. I'll post my impressions in this thread after I play it for awhile.

Master Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    After reading this thread I went out and rented Knack today. I'll post my impressions in this thread after I play it for awhile.
    make sure your past chapter 7-8
    IMO the game really picks up around there

nice review...looking fed for this game.....

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by maltrophstitan View Post
    make sure your past chapter 7-8 IMO the game really picks up around there
    Will do. I will say that I'm already enjoying it so far.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    chriharr
    Knack has got me hooked I was on bed all afternoon playing it on my vita in remote play smooth as a baby's bottom !!

Trying to get around to popping in the Killzone SF disc and have a go but knack has got me suckered in, great game so far!!

Edit: knack has a very clean and crisp surround sound track as well, very lovely on the ears no one ever mentions the games great sound design.
    Last edited by chriharr; 12-02-2013 at 03:49.
    " A Toll's a toll and a roll's a roll. If we don't get no toll's, then we don't eat no roll's"

I wouldn't mention any Bandicoot here,but that being said,this is another fair review. Well,like i said on another post:

So far,critics are really knocking this one way too harshly. Sheesh. It's quite alright.

The Pixar-ish vibe, the impressive voice work, the way Knack moves and feels...it entertains me enough,i really felt good playing it.

Truth is,this isn't a AAA game that we will be talking about 2 or 3 years from now...definetly not a PS4 masterpiece...but not a bad game at all,either.

We want exclusives. Period.
    Especially right now.

We want games that we wouldn't be playing on any platform.(including PS3)

So maybe Knack would be forgotten very,very quickly if the launch was through the next year..but it is a Launch game,so it gets everybody's attention.
    Last edited by BrazilianBash; 12-03-2013 at 23:11.

Thread Information