Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 62
  1. #26
    overstepping the mark
    -Shafty-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Age
    39
    Posts
    8,350
    Rep Power
    129
    Points
    36,743 (10,700 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Only if the Lord calls for me.
    You're dying??

    (aren't we all tho!)


    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

  2. #27
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    You're dying??

    (aren't we all tho!)
    I edited it lol. I read it after replying and realized it didn't sound right lol.




  3. #28
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Heck no! I have some amazing, never before seen, things being prepared for this place over the next couple of years.
    stealth edit, too bad i already read the other thing. are you not telling us something?

  4. #29
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    stealth edit, too bad i already read the other thing. are you not telling us something?
    I'm definitely not going to tell anyone until it's done. It's in progress right now, but it's going to take some time. It's going to be something special.




  5. #30
    Ultimate Veteran
    mickice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Australia, In a Kangaroo's pouch.
    Age
    27
    Posts
    21,875
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    20,513 (40,000 Banked)
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I can see Microsoft and nintendo launching within 5 years.

    - Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

  6. #31
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I'm definitely not going to tell anyone until it's done. It's in progress right now, but it's going to take some time. It's going to be something special.
    i'm not talking about your game-related surprise lol unless i missed the whole point and that was it. if so, awesome, hopefully something positive and not negative.

  7. #32
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,062
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    141,443 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    i'm not talking about your game-related surprise lol unless i missed the whole point and that was it. if so, awesome, hopefully something positive and not negative.
    It doesn't have anything to do with the previous post that I edited out. I can't really get too much more specific other than what I have because it will give it away.




  8. #33
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,219 (0 Banked)
    Whatever it is it sounds like something good, good luck with whatever your planning.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  9. #34
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with the previous post that I edited out. I can't really get too much more specific other than what I have because it will give it away.
    sure, i hope i get to see it.

    if God allows it.

  10. #35
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    5,489 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    There will never be another game console release.
    Emphasis on the word "game" I take it? They're all watered down gaming PC's I suppose.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

  11. #36
    Superior Member
    thanatos144's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Stuart, Florida, United States
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    10
    Points
    7,683 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Emphasis on the word "game" I take it? They're all watered down gaming PC's I suppose.
    Watered down? Tell me where are you going to find a computer as powerful as the PlayStation 4 for under $400?

    tapatalk post
    141.12

  12. #37
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Emphasis on the word "game" I take it? They're all watered down gaming PC's I suppose.
    consoles have no difference between a computer other than that they're closed systems. meaning, you can't change anything about the system specs (to keep it simple).

  13. #38
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,617
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    13,219 (0 Banked)
    Don't forget better optimization sufi.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  14. #39
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,115
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    107,340 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    4-5 years sounds about right for me.







  15. #40
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,591
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    13,235 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    Emphasis on the word "game" I take it? They're all watered down gaming PC's I suppose.
    No. The PS4 will be the last proper gaming console the world will ever see.

    ​aka Sparc

  16. #41
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,591
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    13,235 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It doesn't have anything to do with the previous post that I edited out. I can't really get too much more specific other than what I have because it will give it away.
    you're not joining that Dutch company and getting yourself sent to Mars are you? It's just the kind of whacky thing you'd do for a bit of rep

    ​aka Sparc

  17. #42
    Newbie
    twitchy thumbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    582 (0 Banked)
    I get the feeling that both companies next gaming offerings will be services versus an actual box. What with all the cloud talk such as Sony's Gaikai service being touted as gaming Netflix I feel that at most we'll get a tiny topbox and a controller to stream our gaming content.
    Last edited by twitchy thumbs; 11-29-2013 at 07:07.

  18. Likes TidalPhoenix likes this post
  19. #43
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Don't forget better optimization sufi.

    Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    yup, that goes hand in hand with it being a closed environment ^.^

  20. #44
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    5,489 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Watered down? Tell me where are you going to find a computer as powerful as the PlayStation 4 for under $400?

    tapatalk post
    It has nothing to do with the price. It's about the spec. The CPU in these are incredibly weak compared to an i5 or i7 Sandy Bridge and above. Think massively underclocked FX 8350. The GPU is basically a underclocked 7870. These parts at their clocks would be just as I said, watered down gaming PC parts.

    The PS4 is underwhelming in spec especially when you consider just how far behind technology they are to high end PC's this time.

    The PS4 is still going to be my exclusive gaming platform for awhile. But it isn't that strong. At 1.84 Teraflops, that's about 1/3 what AMD top card does (R9 290x) and that isn't the strongest GPU out there.

    The PS4 is about as strong as the current $80 CPU and a $150 GPU. That is wimpy.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

  21. #45
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,656
    Rep Power
    187
    Points
    95,756 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    It has nothing to do with the price. It's about the spec. The CPU in these are incredibly weak compared to an i5 or i7 Sandy Bridge and above. Think massively underclocked FX 8350. The GPU is basically a underclocked 7870. These parts at their clocks would be just as I said, watered down gaming PC parts.

    The PS4 is underwhelming in spec especially when you consider just how far behind technology they are to high end PC's this time.

    The PS4 is still going to be my exclusive gaming platform for awhile. But it isn't that strong. At 1.84 Teraflops, that's about 1/3 what AMD top card does (R9 290x) and that isn't the strongest GPU out there.

    The PS4 is about as strong as the current $80 CPU and a $150 GPU. That is wimpy.
    lol. i would not compare the specs straight up. PCs are extremely inefficient at what they do. you should not need 3 titans to run Crysis 3 at full settings and a good resolution.

    PC can take those specs and shove it where the sun don't shine because nothing on PC will be able to compete with what the PS4 exclusives are going to bring.

  22. Likes Justin , skinny_jr, PS4freak likes this post
  23. #46
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    5,489 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol. i would not compare the specs straight up. PCs are extremely inefficient at what they do. you should not need 3 titans to run Crysis 3 at full settings and a good resolution.

    PC can take those specs and shove it where the sun don't shine because nothing on PC will be able to compete with what the PS4 exclusives are going to bring.
    I'm highly aware on how optimizations work. But the point of this thread and the points I'm making should be quite clear. This new generation of console for the first time, isn't cutting edge technology.

    The only way to know this is by comparing it to PC hardware.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

  24. #47
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,568
    Rep Power
    141
    Points
    78,550 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    I'm highly aware on how optimizations work. But the point of this thread and the points I'm making should be quite clear. This new generation of console for the first time, isn't cutting edge technology.

    The only way to know this is by comparing it to PC hardware.
    I'm sorry but you can't negate the fact of price for convience when comparing. Not to mention like Sufi mentioned the optimization of PC is terrible in relation to consoles. Of course PCs blow consoles out of the water in relation to specs but they are not optimized very well at all. Because there isn't a set standard.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #48
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,930
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    8,753 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As long as sales are high and developers are there to support the platform consoles will last for years to come. I personally do not see that changing any time soon. I spent $400 on a PS4 and can enjoy (what I hope to be) a large library of great exclusive games, but if I want to game on a PC I will easily spend more than that to do so.

    8 years and counting!

  26. #49
    Superior Member
    NotoriousBOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Near Cincinnati
    Age
    35
    Posts
    761
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    5,489 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I'm sorry but you can't negate the fact of price for convience when comparing. Not to mention like Sufi mentioned the optimization of PC is terrible in relation to consoles. Of course PCs blow consoles out of the water in relation to specs but they are not optimized very well at all. Because there isn't a set standard.
    This isn't hard to understand. This thread is about the life of this console generation. It WILL be short lived for the reasons I stated, period.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

  27. #50
    Forum Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Bristol!!
    Age
    24
    Posts
    9,441
    Rep Power
    86
    Points
    33,952 (15,799 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    This console gen time period will be shorter

    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol. i would not compare the specs straight up. PCs are extremely inefficient at what they do. you should not need 3 titans to run Crysis 3 at full settings and a good resolution.

    PC can take those specs and shove it where the sun don't shine because nothing on PC will be able to compete with what the PS4 exclusives are going to bring.
    While I agreeing competing specs like for like isn't ever a good thing to do with consoles and PC's it's true that this is the first time consoles haven't been out performing a PC from the get go. A $500 PC performs equal to current gen consoles (PS4/XBone)

    That last part be fighting words though :Lol:

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.