Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    billison

OMG. There is a free friggin headset in the box!! use it!!

One of the things I was most excited about the ps4 was putting a headset port on the controller and including one. I always felt bluetooth was cool but more than the average gamer will deal with. I really thought this was the biggest thing the xbox did that made live so good was everyone had a headset and it was both easy and cheap to get/replace/use.

that said, the ps4 is the same way... yet everygame of bf4 I've played i've only seen one guy with a head set.... it makes me so mad....

is it just me or....
    I'm no hero, never was, never will be.

2. Likes PhillyPhreak likes this post
    Master Sage
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Haven't used the headset yet but the speaker in the controller is amazing, i never thought the sound quality would be that good.
    Resogun makes great use of it.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I used a headset in black like but truthfully all everybody hears from me is dammit stop killing me lol

tapatalk post

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    THEY ARE ALL IN A PARTY CHAT! Deal with it, people wanted party chats and cross game chats...this is the result

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

6. Likes Omar, JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    PSN ID
    croatoa
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    THEY ARE ALL IN A PARTY CHAT! Deal with it, people wanted party chats and cross game chats...this is the result

WOW harsh much? Yeah I agree with the OP on this one, while party chat allows for people to avoid the assholes on the internet, XBOX LIVE's party chat ruined all communication their games; I've played on xbox live and no one ever talks to each other. And that is lame as hell. I play games for the very reason of playing with and talking to people, you may be okay with people just being inward and exclusive, but that goes against everything the ps4 is supposed to be doing with social gaming. So, consequently, WE WON'T JUST DEAL WITH IT. "Cold and mean people give me the creeps"

Dedicated Member

You know what's funny? I didn't even think of that!! HA. That would explain the lack of people on BF4 talking to each other. Yeah, Mullah is probably right.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    yep, it's the party chat. I use party chat with my friends playing BF4. I like it and I don't have to rely on EA/DICE crappy handling of VoIP issues they've had with almost every Battlefield game.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post

Developers have the option to disable the option when playing their games. (I believe MW2 did this)

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Usually when I'm in with my friends and we're in party chat...I'll suggest that we switch over to the game chat instead so we can talk with our fellow squad members...but during the pre-lobby, you never hear a word from anyone.
    I realize it's a shiny, new feature on the PS4..but the novelty will wear off and soon things will settle down I think...
    What really does it is when there are 3-4 in party chat, and you try to join-up on a team DM...and one of you gets put on the other team...then you kill your friend and hear them say " ARRRRGGGG YOU MUTHAFKKKKA"...
    then they realize you're all in party chat together...

Ok...so this didn't happen to me (killing someone)...I actually got killed and before I looked at WHO killed me, I had let out a line of sailor-like terminology that most would prolly make most sailors blush.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Developers have the option to disable the option when playing their games. (I believe MW2 did this)
    for xbox

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Riptide_Warrior View Post
    WOW harsh much? Yeah I agree with the OP on this one, while party chat allows for people to avoid the assholes on the internet, XBOX LIVE's party chat ruined all communication their games; I've played on xbox live and no one ever talks to each other. And that is lame as hell. I play games for the very reason of playing with and talking to people, you may be okay with people just being inward and exclusive, but that goes against everything the ps4 is supposed to be doing with social gaming. So, consequently, WE WON'T JUST DEAL WITH IT. "Cold and mean people give me the creeps"
    Thats you tho isn't it. Much like the op's title, regardless if theres a headset in the box, people don't wanna use it? $#@! happens...usually people just chat $#@! and/or start moaning like little $#@!es anyways so, at least for me, it's better to sack it. Had about a dozen games where i use my headset...other than that, depends on what sorta plebs are playin. And conseqentially, you will have to DEAL WITH IT. What ya gonna do?

PSN ID
    croatoa
    I will make damn sure that anyone I play with doesn't exclusive use party chat- Quite frankly it's the attitude with which people are responding, mainly you and mullah, that bothers me more than anything, if you people wanna be stuck up like that then it's your choice, but I won't play with people like that. But thanks for the challenge? lol

15. Likes Dissent likes this post
    YouTube Editor
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    I mainly play FPS games on line and when I do I normally have a fairly large party. We prefer the party chat system as we all know each other and sometimes discuss life in general. To be honest without the system in place I would never talk that much. How often do you go on line and a full team is chatting up a storm? I have yet to see it really.

8 years and counting!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I mainly play FPS games on line and when I do I normally have a fairly large party. We prefer the party chat system as we all know each other and sometimes discuss life in general. To be honest without the system in place I would never talk that much. How often do you go on line and a full team is chatting up a storm? I have yet to see it really.
    Yeah if I'm not in a party then I dont bother with the headset.

Since BF4 doesn't have an in game party feature you're pretty much forced to use the party chat if your going to play with your friends. It's pretty difficult to get organized and discuss what mode to play without any kind of party feature.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    You don't have to use that headset btw. You can use other types and it will recognize. My iPhone earbuds work in chat.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    I will make damn sure that anyone I play with doesn't exclusive use party chat- Quite frankly it's the attitude with which people are responding, mainly you and mullah, that bothers me more than anything, if you people wanna be stuck up like that then it's your choice, but I won't play with people like that. But thanks for the challenge? lol
    Stuck up? Lmao. Attitude? Thats down to your interpretation...never known anybody get a semi on over a $#@!in headset lol. Unbelievable...

Veteran
    I guess everyone is on party chat since I'm yet to hear someone on a headset when playing BF4.

22. Likes MonkeyClaw, TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    SkarEffect
    I heard KZ didn't have voice chat yet? I have yet to hear anybody either on bf4 lol.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I wasn't trying to sound like a jackass in my first post, but it is the reality of things. When I play solo, I usually I'm not in a party so I do talk and that's how I make new friends even if they are not talking back. If they realized someone on the squad was using there mics, they do switch to game volume.
    I think the party leader should have the option to switch everyone to game audio

25. Likes Omar likes this post
    Are you lonely or foolish?

Surprised how good the free mic was for voice control going to have to get one to suit me then I'm ready to rock

So should I have long chats with 12 year old boosting on cod cause that's the sony spirit or will I chat with my friends using the new feature sony included just so people could go against their ethos. Hard choice

29. Likes Merchant likes this post

As a gamer who doesn't have a lot of friends on PSN with PS4 yet, I really despise the double sword that is party chat; Yes it helps keep internet trolls from ruining the flow of voice chat in a game but it also prevents anyone from making new friendships or squad mates...

31. Likes D3seeker likes this post

People should chat with whomever they feel like chatting. This is supposed to be *fun*, not some kind of obligation!

33. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post

Thread Information