Page 1 of 4 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Microsoft fakes game footage. Forza 5 Graphics Downgraded.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...a-motorsport-5

Some comments.
    - crowds appear like cardboard cut-outs that, while easily hidden by the blurred pace of a high-speed race,
    - Even running at full HD, Forza 5's image suffers for the lack of an effective anti-aliasing method,
    - there's no ignoring the rough-looking foliage and $#@!pit interior details that go entirely untreated here.
    -Meanwhile, there's a remixing of geometry, trees, and crowd positions - neither striking us as especially better nor worse for the end effec
    -Sadly, details like foliage and spectators do appear at odds with the visual standard
    - On the one hand, trees appear either grossly pixellated or blurred, and the deficits in anti-aliasing do nothing to help the temporal flicker as the camera pans past.
    - a blurring to the floor is still very apparent ahead of a car's front fender
    - now we see the lacklustre texture filtering,
    - Forza 5 falls short in terms of overall polish
    Obviously there are many areas it improves from Forza 4, but doesn't feel like next gen like and no where near the trailers they have shown us during E3 to before launch. Not sure it was MS's call or Turn 10's call to grossly misrepresent their product, but figured people should be informed.

2. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

System gets an upgrade and the graphics gets a downgrade

4. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post

System gets an upgrade and the graphics gets a downgrade

forza is is a beast and KI is a blast.

6. Likes sanfordmay likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Dat balance! This is not the first time, turn 10 is notorious for pulling $#@! like this...check out forza 4 reveal (which they claimed was real time in game) and all the videos leading up to the final game. The ultimate trollol

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Hole Finder - Mind the Ga
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    You've taken an image from the coments of an Eurogamer article and pasted it I here when actually the news article makes no reference at all to 'faked' images. This thread is entirely misrepresentative of the article it linked to!

Btw, every game reveal and E3 shown gfx overstate their prowess. It happened a load last gen for both PS3 and xbox! Don't you remember the Kz2 reveal shown at the PS3 launch!

Fud!
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 12-01-2013 at 08:38.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

9. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Nobody faked $#@!.

11. Likes Itachi , sanfordmay likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    You've taken an image from the coments of an Eurogamer article and pasted it I here when actually the news article makes no reference at all to 'faked' images. This thread is entirely misrepresentative of the article it linked to!

Btw, every game reveal and E3 shown gfx overstate their prowess. It happened a load last gen for both PS3 and xbox! Don't you remember the Kz2 reveal shown at the PS3 launch!

Fud!
    Thank you /THREAD

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Didn't even notice the problems while actually racing. Well, the AA, or lack thereof, is noticeable for sure.

Elite Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    yea, i noticed that too.

Fud!
    lol...yea and it happened again.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    A possible lie in the industry, i am shocked and worried about this. I mean a lie

what is this world coming too
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Nobody faked $#@!.
    Nobody faked $#@! but the obvious downgrades after showing something considerably better looking every time you announce your game and all the footage leading up to the launch of the game is sorta bull$#@!! Dislike all you want lol

17. Likes N0REGARD4LIFE, on the rocks likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Nobody faked $#@! but the obvious downgrades after showing something considerably better looking every time you announce your game and all the footage leading up to the launch of the game is sorta bull$#@!! Dislike all you want lol

So you say the same about KZ:SF? (And don't tell me it didn't, I have seen the footage, they dropped the draw distance added fog to cover it, and removed a hell of lot of foliage -it is still a very pretty game).

<shakes head>

Games go through builds and frame-rates are targeted.
    Its called game development.
    Last edited by mynd; 12-01-2013 at 19:49.

19. Likes Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    So you say the same about KZ:SF? (And don't tell me it didn't, I have seen the footage, they dropped the draw distance added fog to cover it, and removed a hell of lot of foliage -it is still a very pretty game).

<shakes head>

Shadowfall is a beast and is a blast.

(No seriously, it is. Looks awesome and plays great).
    I am the oncoming storm.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Shadowfall is a beast and is a blast. (No seriously, it is. Looks awesome and plays great).
    Yep that is #truthfact.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Shadowfall is a beast and is a blast.

(No seriously, it is. Looks awesome and plays great).
    Never said it wasn't, but the build we saw early on was not the build we got in the end.
    Devs will drop some aspects of games to concentrate on others (for example the fog may have been added on those forest levels cut down on draw distance, minimize pop in and allow them to add better shading on the trees).
    Its not all take, they are trying to target the things that are important to the dev, if sacrificing one aspect of game, allows for better effects elsewhere, devs will make choices. And the whole time they are targeting frame rates.

Look at Ryse character models, they chose a steady model with no LOD vs a highly detail model with LOD.

They didn't fake anything, but they chose the ability to not have pop in over something that could have looked better up close but be distracted by visual pop in.

At the end of the day, no game is what a dev wants it to be visually, but you could get stuck in development hell trying to chase the ideals.

You have to draw the line and make sacrifices, even more so when your shipping a launch title.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yep that is #truthfact.
    More like #SubjectiveOpinion.

I'm not saying it isn't a good looking game, but the subject of the thread had to do with differences in graphics in earlier preview trailers VS. the graphics the final game released with. And on that note, nobody addressed the points Mynd made.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Never said it wasn't, but the build we saw early on was not the build we got in the end.
    Devs will drop some aspects of games to concentrate on others (for example the fog may have been added on those forest levels cut down on draw distance, minimize pop in and allow them to add better shading on the trees).
    Its not all take, they are trying to target the things that are important to the dev, if sacrificing one aspect of game, allows for better effects elsewhere, devs will make choices. And the whole time they are targeting frame rates.

Look at Ryse character models, they chose a steady model with no LOD vs a highly detail model with LOD.

They didn't fake anything, but they chose the ability to not have pop in over something that could have looked better up close but be distracted by visual pop in.

At the end of the day, no game is what a dev wants it to be visually, but you could get stuck in development hell trying to chase the ideals.

You have to draw the line and make sacrifices, even more so when your shipping a launch title.
    Sorry - text is misleding - I didn't mean to imply that you meant otherwise. I was merely parodying Sub's post.

No more, no less.

Carry on.
    I am the oncoming storm.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    More like #SubjectiveOpinion. I'm not saying it isn't a good looking game, but the subject of the thread had to do with differences in graphics in earlier preview trailers VS. the graphics the final game released with. And on that note, nobody addressed the points Mynd made.
    Lol Says the guy who never played it. Even reviewers who didnt like the game itself mentioned how good the graphics are. Get your eyes checked. Nice how you and mynd derailed and deflected the thread topic into being about Killzone instead of Forza 5. Forza 5 is the real 'subject of the thread' not Killzone. Love how whenever anything negative regarding Xbox comes up ya'll start deflecting and saying but._but.what about Sony? lol Anyway I'm not falling for your bait so I'm done with this thread. You can have the last word. lol
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-01-2013 at 20:36.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Lol Says the guy who never played it. Even reviewers who didnt like the game itself mentioned how good the graphics are. Get your eyes checked. Nice how you and mynd derailed and deflected the thread topic into being about Killzone instead of Forza 5. Forza 5 is the real 'subject of the thread' not Killzone.
    I'm not derailing anything, and I never meant to imply KZ was bad looking either. But it is just another example (and there are plenty if we all went through all the pre-launch reveal video footage) of games that changed from what we were shown to what eventually come out.

People sometimes forget these games started development well before the consoles were either in the devs hands, or even remotely stable. Its a pretty bloody tough ride being asked to develop for a console that itself is in development.

I mean heck remember PGR3, it was developed on a blimmin Apple Mac till a couple of months before launch.
    People jumping up and down and suggesting this or that was faked is silly.

Banned

Lol Says the guy who never played it. Even reviewers who didnt like the game itself mentioned how good the graphics are. Get your eyes checked. Nice how you and mynd derailed and deflected this into being about Killzone instead of Forza 5. Forza 5 is the real topic here not Killzone.
    Again.... subjective..... not fact. People agreeing on something, doesn't make such things a fact. Facts aren't up for debate, opinions are. Mynd was simply giving perspective that Forza is far from the only game guilty of this...... hence why it's not any bigger of a deal than any of those other cases.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Again.... subjective..... not fact. People agreeing on something, doesn't make such things a fact. Facts aren't up for debate, opinions are. Mynd was simply giving perspective that Forza is far from the only game guilty of this...... hence why it's not any bigger of a deal than any of those other cases.
    LMAO. Talk about denial. Whatever dude I'm not playing your little semantics game. Anyway this time I really am out. lol

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style

Make a thread about it then, the thread title is about forza not "next gen games that got downgraded since reveal!"

Like I said turn 10 is notorious for $#@! like this

Forza 3, 4 and 5 all guilty. I see a pattern. You can drag other Games into it the discussion all you want, still does not detract from the fact that turn 10 shows bullshots weeks before there games launch.

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-01-2013 at 20:50.

Banned

LMAO. Talk about denial. Whatever dude I'm not playing your little semantics game. Anyway this time I really am out. lol
    Denial? I never said it wasn't a great looking game. I was merely addressing your statement that it was "fact". Halo had a handgun in the game..... that's a fact...not an opinion.

Superior Member
    Denial? I never said it wasn't a great looking game. I was merely addressing your statement that it was "fact". Halo had a handgun in the game..... that's a fact...not an opinion.
    but what does halo have to do with the topic? yes you are derailing this thread

32. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    What makes it so bad is Turn 10 was the ones talking about getting this graphical boost after moving things to the cloud. Then the xbone specs was boasted up but yet the game doesn't look as good as it did at e3.

Thread Information