Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    all gone.

Superior Member
    This is ridiculous. Does Sony not want there to be any PS4s available during Christmas? And what the hell do I have to do to get a damn text message from Amazon when they get PS4s available?!!??! I'm tired of playing the guessing game. *sigh*

Elite Member

PSN ID
    Key2001
    Quote Originally Posted by skyballin View Post
    This is ridiculous. Does Sony not want there to be any PS4s available during Christmas? And what the hell do I have to do to get a damn text message from Amazon when they get PS4s available?!!??! I'm tired of playing the guessing game. *sigh*
    Don't use Amazon for notification use something like this http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/. I have also hear/read that Walmart, Frys and maybe some other retailers are holding stock for this Sunday like Best Buy did this past Sunday.
    PSN ID:Key2001 3DS FC:1521-2714-7908 Steam ID:jkey2001

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Anyone want to make a betting thread when PS4 will regularly be available on store shelves and online warehouses?

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm betting readily available by mid feb.possibly by end of January. It's going to catch up a bit after the holidays.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    My local Tesco store had 10 in yesterday and they where all snapped up within half an hour!

Man they are selling out fast!!!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Anyone want to make a betting thread when PS4 will regularly be available on store shelves and online warehouses?
    not til mid next year lol

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Argos had 9 in for Reserve & collect today at one of my local stores but I couldn't bring myself to Buying one , Just gonna wait till more games are out for it ,Funny thing is I have twice went round every game shop in Town trying to find one now :P

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Quote Originally Posted by skyballin View Post
    Sure, they could have upset the userbase like MS and put them off buying the system. There is a limit to how fast you can make systems and the demand as far out passed that limit, I'm sure Sony would never had guessed at the number of high profile own goals MS had done thats swapped many from MS to PS.

Also pre-orders went up in loads of time, so anyone who is moaning they can not walk in a store and just pick one up only as self to blame im sorry to say.

Its also a fact its been by far the biggest ever system launch and if Sony could have kept pace with demand i think we would have been looking at 4 million plus sold already.

10. Likes VayMasters86 likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    Argos had 9 in for Reserve & collect today at one of my local stores but I couldn't bring myself to Buying one , Just gonna wait till more games are out for it ,Funny thing is I have twice went round every game shop in Town trying to find one now :P
    You might as well face the inevitable early and buy one

Formally known as:

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Birch View Post
    Sure, they could have upset the userbase like MS and put them off buying the system. There is a limit to how fast you can make systems and the demand as far out passed that limit, I'm sure Sony would never had guessed at the number of high profile own goals MS had done thats swapped many from MS to PS.

Also pre-orders went up in loads of time, so anyone who is moaning they can not walk in a store and just pick one up only as self to blame im sorry to say.

Its also a fact its been by far the biggest ever system launch and if Sony could have kept pace with demand i think we would have been looking at 4 million plus sold already.
    What's the limit on how fast Sony can make the system?

The next point.. pre-orders. It is ones self to blame? Hell, a lot of people that pre-ordered haven't been able to get their system yet. So no, it isn't any single consumer to blame as to why they can't get a system today.

Fact of biggest console launch? No. That is pure supposition. What Sony have put forth as a fact is that the PS4 is the biggest PLAYSTATION launch of all time. They can't remotely even claim what anyone else have sold, or that it would be lower than what they've sold. 4 million plus? LOL. Puhlease... Might as well say, 10 million, because that has as much guessing painted on it as the 4 million.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    What's the limit on how fast Sony can make the system?

The next point.. pre-orders. It is ones self to blame? Hell, a lot of people that pre-ordered haven't been able to get their system yet. So no, it isn't any single consumer to blame as to why they can't get a system today.

Fact of biggest console launch? No. That is pure supposition. What Sony have put forth as a fact is that the PS4 is the biggest PLAYSTATION launch of all time. They can't remotely even claim what anyone else have sold, or that it would be lower than what they've sold. 4 million plus? LOL. Puhlease... Might as well say, 10 million, because that has as much guessing painted on it as the 4 million.
    There is always a limit on how fast you can make something, without setting up total new lines for making the system, then you got the parts, you can only make systems with all the parts needed, Staff, you need staff to make things last time i checked, Time.

Read what i said without trying to twist it, i clearly pointed out that if people think they can just walk in to a shop and pick one up with no per-order. The warnings have been there for months that it was going sell out, per-orders started back in May, if you did not per-order and think you can just go and get one at launch, you can not blame Sony for that, can only blame yourself.

How can you say its not the fact that its the biggest system launch, when the numbers clearly show that in its opening weeks it as sold more than any other system had sold in the same time, them numbers are official numbers and not numbers Sony have hand picked.

And you think 4 Million is a joke target? if Sony had the systems ready to replace stock as fast as they sold out? Fact is it sold over 2 million already (Over 1 Million in 1 day US, Other 1 Million in 2 days in EU), Fact its been sold out for weeks, Fact and you even said it yourself there is still outstanding per-orders waiting for new stock and all this is before Joe public can get hold of it.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Birch View Post
    There is always a limit on how fast you can make something, without setting up total new lines for making the system, then you got the parts, you can only make systems with all the parts needed, Staff, you need staff to make things last time i checked, Time.

Read what i said without trying to twist it, i clearly pointed out that if people think they can just walk in to a shop and pick one up with no per-order. The warnings have been there for months that it was going sell out, per-orders started back in May, if you did not per-order and think you can just go and get one at launch, you can not blame Sony for that, can only blame yourself.

How can you say its not the fact that its the biggest system launch, when the numbers clearly show that in its opening weeks it as sold more than any other system had sold in the same time, them numbers are official numbers and not numbers Sony have hand picked.

And you think 4 Million is a joke target? if Sony had the systems ready to replace stock as fast as they sold out? Fact is it sold over 2 million already (Over 1 Million in 1 day US, Other 1 Million in 2 days in EU), Fact its been sold out for weeks, Fact and you even said it yourself there is still outstanding per-orders waiting for new stock and all this is before Joe public can get hold of it.
    I'm not twisting anything. The blame is on Sony for not having enough systems being out there, and for retailers holding back systems for their own benefits. Nothing to do with a consumer being at blame for not being able to get one.

Fact that it's the biggest launch, based on the numbers ONLY Sony have released? That isn't fact. That's guessing. Sony guesses that Microsoft numbers aren't more than theirs? What is the launch time frame to determine whether a company has the biggest launch? Do you know that?

I don't think it's a JOKE, about 4 million. I said it's a GUESS. That is all it is, a guess. I mean, you can call it an "IF" all day long. If Sony had 4 million units, and IF they sold out.. if if guess guess.

Elite Sage
    Yep even setting up a new Manufacturing Line isn't as simple as just buying Machines/Parts & Staff a new factory would have to first get Familiar with Build Specs then build Samples that would have to pass before it that factory could go into mass production ,I worked in an Automotive Electronics Engineering factory a couple years back that was in the Process of transfering it's Work to a new factory in Hungary and even after the factory was setup ready it still took them over 6 months to build a Sample Build that was a Pass & that was with a team of Engineers over there Setting the Machines up & training the new Staff

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yep even setting up a new Manufacturing Line isn't as simple as just buying Machines/Parts & Staff a new factory would have to first get Familiar with Build Specs then build Samples that would have to pass before it that factory could go into mass production ,I worked in an Automotive Electronics Engineering factory a couple years back that was in the Process of transfering it's Work to a new factory in Hungary and even after the factory was setup ready it still took them over 6 months to build a Sample Build that was a Pass & that was with a team of Engineers over there Setting the Machines up & training the new Staff
    Been there, done that.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryunosuke View Post
    Don't use Amazon for notification use something like this http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/. I have also hear/read that Walmart, Frys and maybe some other retailers are holding stock for this Sunday like Best Buy did this past Sunday.
    That's a great site. Thanks, much appreciated.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...dd82a3e49cen02

Apparently it's in stock. And in Futureshop.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I got an email this morning from Gamestop that they had them in Stock. Don't think they are there now.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I got an email this morning from Gamestop that they had them in Stock. Don't think they are there now.
    I got the same ema8l. I called my local store and they were out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Elite Member
    Longest sentence ever.

23. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    Longest sentence ever.
    Lol

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Looks like quite a few places are getting them in stock now, good news for anyone looking to get one before Christmas!

Formally known as:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Looks like quite a few places are getting them in stock now, good news for anyone looking to get one before Christmas!
    Yeah I'm thinking this is their year end push. Good news for those in need though for sure.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Yeah I'm thinking this is their year end push. Good news for those in need though for sure.
    Not heard of many more faulty one's either which is good news!

Formally known as:

Thread Information