Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 3 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60
  1. #1
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    MS's killer kinect 2.0 debut, The Fighter Within, has disappointing results

    Ok, I stretched the truth a bit. I'm sure some poor soul bought a xbone just to play this title


    How does MS make all these upgrades to kinect and let them release this crap? They're not doing a very good job convincing the casuals why they need to buy the expensive xbone/kinect 2.0 instead of gaming on their tablets/phones.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be


  2. #2
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The visuals aren't really bad though.

    Something is telling me that I won't be gaming with Kinect this time; much like last time.




  3. #3
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    LMAO! That game is crap and IGN really tore it apart. So much for Kinect 2.0 being a big improvement from the last gen Kinect. This is what MS is trying to justify the $500 price tag with? Wow.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-03-2013 at 04:40.

  4. #4
    Elite Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,301
    Rep Power
    110
    Points
    13,443 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    This game is the prime example why people don't want to use kinect for hardcore gaming. It's everything that kinect 2.0 isn't supposed to be.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be


  5. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
  6. #5
    Super Elite
    Acid Snake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    2,020
    Rep Power
    53
    Points
    9,056 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    What the absolute $#@!.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

  7. #6
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    LMAO! That game is crap and IGN really tore it apart. So much for Kinect 2.0 being a big improvement from the last gen Kinect. This is what MS is trying to justify the $500 price tag with? Wow.
    It's definitely an improvement. Now the devs have to improve the software they release.




  8. #7
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    75,843 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I realize it was just a joke, T4DM, but I changed the title because it was misleading.

    In regards to the subject of the thread, let's ask the important question: Is this the Kinect's fault? The original Kinect had terrible performance on the Xbox 360, and it seems that's still holding relatively true for the XB1. But is this an issue with the hardware in the Kinect, the XB1, or the developers? It's a fair question, as I know the Xbox 360 had bandwidth issues when trying to handle the data from the Kinect, and when modders applied the Kinect to the PC they were able to do some really neat and impressive things with it.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  9. #8
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I realize it was just a joke, T4DM, but I changed the title because it was misleading.

    In regards to the subject of the thread, let's ask the important question: Is this the Kinect's fault? The original Kinect had terrible performance on the Xbox 360, and it seems that's still holding relatively true for the XB1. But is this an issue with the hardware in the Kinect, the XB1, or the developers? It's a fair question, as I know the Xbox 360 had bandwidth issues when trying to handle the data from the Kinect, and when modders applied the Kinect to the PC they were able to do some really neat and impressive things with it.
    So far, I think it's the developers fault here. That is based on, well, nothing really lol. I guess the hope that I don't have a piece of $#@! accessory that I was required to pay for; that's it.




  10. #9
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's definitely an improvement. Now the devs have to improve the software they release.
    Proof is in the pudding. Not seeing it so far. Time will tell I guess.

  11. #10
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Proof is in the pudding. Not seeing it so far.
    It's better if you use it... Pudding is better when you eat it, not look at it.




  12. Likes Acid Snake likes this post
  13. #11
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    It's better if you use it... Pudding is better when you eat it, not look at it.
    I just heard a review from a guy who did use it along with a video of it in action. Didnt need to spend $500 bucks either. lol

  14. #12
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I just heard a review from a guy who did use it along with a video of it in action. Didnt need to spend $500 bucks either. lol
    So, based on Fighter Within, the new Kinect can't be better than the old Kinect?

    Look, fact, Kinect "2" is definitely better than the original Kinect. The problem is that there isn't any real games that takes advantage of that yet.




  15. #13
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    165
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    So, based on Fighter Within, the new Kinect can't be better than the old Kinect? Look, fact, Kinect "2" is definitely better than the original Kinect. The problem is that there isn't any real games that takes advantage of that yet.
    I'm going by what we are seeing so far. Thats all we can do for now. Thats why I said time will tell in my other post. For now it certainly doesn't seem to be any better. You yourself said you hope that you dont have some POS accessory that you paid extra for. So obviously even you have some doubts about the new Kinect. And of course at the same time youre trying to justify your purchase. You dont want to feel like you got cheated by MS. Anyway I already made my point so I'm out.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-03-2013 at 05:32.

  16. #14
    Super Elite
    FireSol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    PSN ID
    FireSol
    Posts
    2,237
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    10,407 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-within-review

    Ubisoft should be ashamed of itself for trying to peddle more of this nonsense. And Microsoft needs its giant cyborg head examined for thinking this is a great way to show off the capabilities of its new hardware. It's like Tampax launching an ad campaign fronted by Danny Dyer.
    Which brings us to a total of at least 18 things, plus about seven thousand more I've forgotten to mention. I can't be bothered to count them all up, so let's just finish with a nice round number.

    1/10

  17. #15
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,072
    Rep Power
    243
    Points
    142,969 (0 Banked)
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    I'm going by what we are seeing so far. Thats all we can do for now. Thats why I said time will tell in my other post. For now it certainly doesn't seem to be any better. You yourself said you hope that you dont have some POS accessory that you paid extra for. So obviously even you have some doubts about the new Kinect. And of course at the same time youre trying to justify your purchase. You dont want to feel like you got cheated by MS. Anyway I already made my point so I'm out.
    I have doubts about the gaming software that we will get. If it goes this route, then I will feel cheated; even though the hardware aspect of it is sound. Doesn't do much good if the only benefit is the UI aspect.




  18. #16
    Superior Member
    GreatSpaceKoaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    845
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    10,467 (0 Banked)
    Everything the reviewer described is clearly a software issue and not a Kinect issue. I had no plans to get the game and now I'm definitely not getting it. That was easy!

  19. #17
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Everything the reviewer described is clearly a software issue and not a Kinect issue. I had no plans to get the game and now I'm definitely not getting it. That was easy!
    Yea, i would never use kinect for a game like that anyway. Kinect 2 is much better than the first though. So far, it has been working flawlessly for me. There will still be $#@!ty games for it no matter how improved it is, or how good it works.

  20. #18
    Superior Member
    JDizzleNO1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    where the sun don't shine
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Posts
    872
    Rep Power
    29
    Points
    2,273 (0 Banked)
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    the graphics do look pretty good though.......



  21. #19
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Ubi should of just made a game like the old punch-out for Nintendo and went for fun over realism. I think that would of worked much better. Just a one player game with the player facing the cam like this:


  22. #20
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,724
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    96,492 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    lol @ fat guy in the video.

  23. #21
    Superior Member
    Peregrin8X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    orange county
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    16
    Points
    11,134 (0 Banked)
    mediocre camera gimmick getting mediocre games you say?!

    say it aint so!

    lol expect more shovelware like this

    "Only on Kinect". yeah well u can keep the turd

  24. #22
    Dedicated Member
    Sajuuk Khar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,376
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    8,418 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    Ubi should of just made a game like the old punch-out for Nintendo and went for fun over realism. I think that would of worked much better. Just a one player game with the player facing the cam like this:

    Yeah thats a fair point. That point of view actually makes sense for most kinect/motion control setups. It allows you to visualise what you are doing. The side view, I feel there would be a disconnect in that you are looking forward at your own character when you feel you should be looking sideways facing your digital opponent.

  25. #23
    Master Poster
    Beast of Bourbon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Blighttown
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,482
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    11,860 (0 Banked)
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Wiggle ware was and always will be $#@!ty as far as im concerned.
    I won't get the eyetoy either when i buy the ps4 - it's only cool for 15 minutes then you never use it again.

    The review was good for a laugh or two though

  26. Likes Demi_God likes this post
  27. #24
    Elite Sage
    Cuguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Age
    40
    Posts
    11,744
    Rep Power
    133
    Points
    3,360,835 (212,741 Banked)
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I have doubts about the gaming software that we will get. If it goes this route, then I will feel cheated; even though the hardware aspect of it is sound. Doesn't do much good if the only benefit is the UI aspect.

    I have doubts about Kinect ONLY software... but so far, my Kinect 2 is extremely precise, and games that use it, use it very well.

    I like being able to use voice and gestures in Dead Rising 3... Leaning in BF4.... it all works.

    The issue, like you said, is developers here.

    It isn't "a mediocre camera" that is $#@!ing ridiculous to even say (know you didn't say it F34R)... anyone who has actually USED the camera rather than watch biased internet vids would know the Kinect 2 is a massive, MASSIVE improvement over Kinect 1.

  28. #25
    Power Member
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,385
    Rep Power
    124
    Points
    56,452 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    IT may be 10 times better than kinect 1, but it is still inferior when compared to a the controller for certain types of game.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-03-2013 at 14:41.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.