Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    The lean and such in BF4 works pretty good.. but I still turned it off. Prefer to be in control with the sticks
    it's not a game i'd buy, but good that it works as intended for you. as i'm sure it does for others. but that does not help me at all

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    cuguy
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    In a post on Reddit, Hryb -- better known as Major Nelson -- responded to complaints about One's party system and the lack of a guide overlay similar to the one on Xbox 360. While he didn't specify exactly what kind of fixes are in the works, he did offer some reason for hope, stating, "I had a meeting today about much of this and I can say that things will get better. I can't offer a timeline of a list of what till be addressed first, but we are aware of the issue and things will get better."

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    XxRichie98xX
    If im not wrong you cant even see if your friends go online or offline anymore?Is it working on PS4?Cuz' thats just BAAD! :S

HI!!
    My babys :
    PS3 160gb slim
    psp 3000 slim and lite
    ps 4
    ID:XxRichie98xX

"Play life,with 100% save!"

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    for kinect, achievements and smartgalss.

1/ smartglass in Dead Rising 3 is fantastic.
    2/ achievements are now a mess.
    3/ kinect just does not work the way all those MS videos said it would.

while i understand it's a new system and will be improved upon, it is also an upgrade from 360, so it should be as good as that to start with and improved further. sadly it's several times worse.
    What did they do to the achievements?

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    as Edge puts it..
    The most perfect example of Microsoft ruining its prior work is Achievements, and the number of hoops you have to jump through to view them. Rather than the quick tap of yore, you have to spend several seconds holding the button down. This, incredibly, then reboots the Achievement app Ė even if itís already running Ė in order to display some challenges, which you have to skip past to view an Achievement list built not around charmingly crafted icons but a slew of previously-released screenshots, which take several seconds to appear and then have to be selected to show what you did to unlock them.

By the time youíve discovered what you unlocked, youíve stopped caring. Thatís assuming you even knew it happened in the first place, as the app is online-only and offline play silently adds your tally to a register you have to go online to view. Thus, what was once a strength of the platform is either blocked entirely or hidden many layers deep, an ignominy previously reserved for Xbox Live Indie Games.

Forum Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie98 View Post
    If im not wrong you cant even see if your friends go online or offline anymore?
    i've not had any popups saying any friends have gone online.

also, someone joined my game of Dead Rising and was talking away to me and while i did not have my headset connected i was trying to answer him using kinect as i always did with kinect on 360.

he could not hear me and said he was leaving as i was not talking back. so i thought i'd message him to explain.
    on 360 i'd just press the guide button and select the last person i'd played with. god knows how you do that on xbox as i could not find a list of recently played against people.
    Last edited by Yungstar 2006; 12-03-2013 at 20:58.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Seeing this comment a lot now. The fact is, this isn't Kinect, it is Kinect 2. If you haven't seen the news, Apple just recently bought out the company, Primesense, that created the technology the Kinect used. The pertinent factor here is that MS opted out of buying Primesense, or even their technology, and decided to create their own Kinect 2. Kinect put a lot of compute load on the 360, so MS offloaded that to a processor inside the Kinect 2. It still sounds like it takes considerable resources away from the main console. Also, lag was a big problem that Kinect players wouldn't admit. So, this Kinect 2 was supposed to be far better than the Kinect and it sounds like it isn't. MS not buying Primesense when they claimed the technology was essential to the function of the console seems to be another indicator of the long slide of MS acquiring anything game related.
    Actually MS isn't using primesense technology for Kinect 2. They are using a combination of in house and tech from canesta. They bought the company back in 2010. Kinect 2 is a huge improvement over the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuguy View Post
    It is leaps and bounds better than Kinect 1. You say "sounds like it isn't..." means you haven't had hands on time with it. It is accurate, fast, and very clear on image quality. It also sees in total darkness, detects facial features and tracks individual fingers. Overall, it is far, far better than the 1st go around.

indeed. I also like that it can distinguish between different people and different voices when they come into view. That's a very cool feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungstar 2006 View Post
    the problem for me is that i bought Xbox 1st because i wanted to use kinect/UI. i may as well of bought the other system 1st and xbox when kinect/UI works.

it really is a frigging pain.
    once upon a time demo's were easy to find, i could easily find who i had last gamed with. getting to achievements, checking on downloads and removing stuff from the hd was so easy. i could go on....
    That's because there aren't any demos yet and the achievements and downloads are are right there on the home screen. I downloaded Killer instinct and the progress was on the home screen. Same with installing a game. All you have to do is minimize the game if you want, or if you don't, a message will come up telling you when enough is downloaded to play the game. They have consolidated stuff which the 360 had all over the place. I think it's much better and simpler.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Nothing. They are right there on the home screen and viewing them is much faster and easier to read.

Superior Member

Kinect is working fine for me. Once in awhile I have to repeat things. I'm sure it will get better.

Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Kinect is working fine for me. Once in awhile I have to repeat things. I'm sure it will get better.
    Yea, I expect MS to have several updates to to just about everything. The party system does need to be fixed though.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    another jab thread, nope

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

11. Likes Lethal wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information