Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

What ifeatures and enhancements would you like to see made to the PS4

I can hardly keep my hands off my PS4 at the moment. I honestly think it's the most I've enjoyed a console at release ever.

However, being a typical Brit you could give me the moon on a stick and I'd still find something I'd want improved. So what are you feature enhancements that you'd like to see made to any aspect of the PS4 experience (you can include PSN enhancements)?

Maybe we could convince PSU to send the suggestions in

Okay, so I'll start and I've deliberately left out any rumoured or already raised improvements (DLNA support, Twitch video archive, posting to YouTube, etc). Just looking for new ideas

UI enhancements
    • A search function that allows you find something in the long line of games/apps you've accumulated. As you enter the text it would start to produce a grid view of the items that match
    • When clicking a game I used to like the music and picture that the PS3 would put as the background of your dashboard - be nice to have that back
    • A better implementation of user accounts. I still have not found a simple way of managing multiple adult accounts on the PS4.
    • An indicator, similar to Mac OSX that shows which apps are running in memory at any given time. The other day I only noticed that iPlayer was still open when I went in to close down BF4
    • The ability to categorise your games. Much like the Library and TV options, when clicking on them they show a list of what's installed, why not do the same for games [Varsh]

Social
    • Allow Chat Parties to 'stick together' so that you can move between games as a party. So when the party leader fires up a game it's then started on the console of all those in the party (assuming they have the game). It will also add them to mp servers that will accommodate the party size (up to max maybe) so you can all play together (not necessarily on the same mp team though)
    • The ability to see UK-Varsh playing War Thunder and just click an option to 'Join' him in the game (like I tried to last evening) - okay, not just UK-Varsh and not just War Thunder but you get my meaning.
    • A straight forward mute option for those of us with the Camera as I'm buggered if I can see an easy way of disabling it in BF4 (for example)
    • A voice command "Friends List" to immediately pull up the friends list in any game or app I'm in.
    • Digital Game Gifting - [HellsJester]

PSN

• The ability to register your interest against future titles in the PSN Store and create a Wishlist. Once the title is available the store would PM you to let you know about sales, pre order bonuses, and when you can pre-load/download the games on your list. [HellsJester]

Others?
    Last edited by Sparc; 12-04-2013 at 12:51.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Well i wanted digital game gifting like Steam but since game sizes are too big and download speeds are too slow i rather not put someone through that hassle.

RIP Oculus Rift

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Well i wanted digital game gifting like Steam but since game sizes are too big and download speeds are too slow i rather not put someone through that hassle.
    Let's add it anyway. If it's there and network speeds improve in most regions over the course of the gen then this would be a really neat feature

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    How about a wishlist for the PSN store and when games on your list go on sale the store PM's you to let you know the game is on sale so you dont always have to look for deals. It can also let you know if there are any pre-order bonuses for unreleased games on your list. Oh and it will PM you if a unreleased game on ready to pre-load or download.

Thats a lot of stuff so let me try to break it down to put it into a list

Store Wishlist and PM's from store to let you know about sales, pre order bonuses, and when you can pre-load/download the games on your list.
    Last edited by HellsJester; 12-04-2013 at 11:21.

RIP Oculus Rift

Veteran
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    The ability to categorise your games. Much like the Library and TV options, when clicking on them they show a list of what's installed, why not do the same for games?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Kind of baffled as to why Sony didnt put copy and paste in the web browser this time plus no flash support. Hope they patch that in. I also liked the PS3 feature where when you clicked on a game there was a background and music for that game. That was pretty cool.

Superior Member
    Items YunaPlayStation
    honestly XMB was perfect, a line with settings, audio, video, games, internet, and once there a vertical menu where you choose the game, or video or setting : practical and easy ; having one line with 20+ games, demos, videos you last accessed is just random and chaotic
    so first thing : let me order things the way I like
    then of course play MP3, videos and images
    and DLNA server

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    Steam and Nintendo do this already but does the PS4 keep an activity log that shows your apps/games and how much time you've spent on them?

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

Master Sage
    Avatars, they carry over from Ps3 when already attached but the ones you have previously downloaded don't show up when selecting one

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    The library option should be after what's new, and when you press down on it, it shows you everything... and past that you should be able to pin something like 5 'pins' of your favourite stuff. I don't like how everything is just one after the other.

Ability to better control the controller audio options. So there, there is just chat, or everything. There really needs to be a 'game audio only' option.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

11. Likes Bitbydeath wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by darky89 View Post
    The library option should be after what's new, and when you press down on it, it shows you everything... and past that you should be able to pin something like 5 'pins' of your favourite stuff. I don't like how everything is just one after the other.

Ability to better control the controller audio options. So there, there is just chat, or everything. There really needs to be a 'game audio only' option.
    Just to add further detail.

Sony should add a menu you like this to the left of 'Library'

Leave Search but change the other options to include Games, Images, Captures, Music, Video, Apps.
    Remove TV/Video from the front page and add the content under Apps.
    Allow for folders to be created under each of these sections.
    And of course as darky mentioned allow for pinning of whatever content you want to the frontpage.

13. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post

• A search function that allows you find something in the long line of games/apps you've accumulated. As you enter the text it would start to produce a grid view of the items that match
    • An indicator, similar to Mac OSX that shows which apps are running in memory at any given time. The other day I only noticed that iPlayer was still open when I went in to close down BF4

• Allow Chat Parties to 'stick together' so that you can move between games as a party. So when the party leader fires up a game it's then started on the console of all those in the party (assuming they have the game). It will also add them to mp servers that will accommodate the party size (up to max maybe) so you can all play together (not necessarily on the same mp team though)
    • The ability to see UK-Varsh playing War Thunder and just click an option to 'Join' him in the game (like I tried to last evening) - okay, not just UK-Varsh and not just War Thunder but you get my meaning.
    • A voice command "Friends List" to immediately pull up the friends list in any game or app I'm in.
    All great ideas. Would you mind if I added them to my thread?

Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Store Wishlist and PM's from store to let you know about sales, pre order bonuses, and when you can pre-load/download the games on your list.
    That's a good idea

Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Kind of baffled as to why Sony didnt put copy and paste in the web browser this time plus no flash support. Hope they patch that in. I also liked the PS3 feature where when you clicked on a game there was a background and music for that game. That was pretty cool.
    Copy and paste should be an easy one
    Flash probably won't happen.
    There is background music for games when you select them from the menu. The devs have to put it in though. Killzone and the playroom have it for example

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Steam and Nintendo do this already but does the PS4 keep an activity log that shows your apps/games and how much time you've spent on them?
    Good idea

I thought of something similar with the pins. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can set the controller audio to game only. It's that way by default?

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Just to add further detail.

Sony should add a menu you like this to the left of 'Library'

Leave Search but change the other options to include Games, Images, Captures, Music, Video, Apps.
    Remove TV/Video from the front page and add the content under Apps.
    Allow for folders to be created under each of these sections.
    And of course as darky mentioned allow for pinning of whatever content you want to the frontpage.
    Please explain this further as I cannot picture what you are saying. Do you mean instead of having recently used apps/games in a row, having one tile representing games, one for videos, etc?

I hope you guys don't mind if I add these to my thread and count your votes
    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...S4-UI-Wishlist
    Last edited by mini E; 12-05-2013 at 17:53.

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mini E View Post
    All great ideas. Would you mind if I added them to my thread?

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...S4-UI-Wishlist
    sorry mini E I missed your thread. Absolutely, add away.

Master Sage
    Please explain this further as I cannot picture what you are saying. Do you mean instead of having recently used apps/games in a row, having one tile representing games, one for videos, etc?
    Kinda half-assed but this sort of thing -

And as Darky said let you pin any item from these sections to the homepage.

17. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.

I'd like mine to get me drink refills. Nothing screws up a round of Battlefield like running out of alcohol! Lol

19. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style

I thought of something similar with the pins. Unless I'm misunderstanding, you can set the controller audio to game only. It's that way by default?
    I should have been more specific. When I've got a headset connected, these are the only options I have:

The other night I started playing Warframe late, so put the audio through the controller using headphones, and someone had their headset connected so could hear everything double. But there isn't an option to have game audio through controller without chat. And couldn't find a mute option. So, had to put the game audio back through tv..

On a slightly unrelated note, I think every dev should make the mute option front and centre... don't they know pretty much every online is a dick!?!? Though on this occasion I imagine they had their headset connected probably to root chat through it so it wasn't bothering them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Kinda half-assed but this sort of thing -

And as Darky said let you pin any item from these sections to the homepage.
    That's exactly what I imagined
    Last edited by darky89; 12-08-2013 at 17:24.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I used to like the little comments you could have next to your avatar. For someone who doesn't really get involved with social media this was a handy little tool for when I did want to show something.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellspawn69 View Post
    I'd like mine to get me drink refills. Nothing screws up a round of Battlefield like running out of alcohol! Lol
    Or game breaking glitches and bugs.

23. Likes darky89 wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information