Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3

Damn it.....Replacement PS4 on the way

All had been well since launch, but last night my PS4 decides it wanted to turn itself off during BF4 last night. Upon reboot I get a blue screen that says a problem was encountered in the system or something to that effect, but worked for hours fine after that. Contacted Amazon, and they are shipping a new one over night to me which will be here Friday.
    Now my system may have never had this issue again, but I wasn't willing to chance it and didn't wanna go through the hassle of dealing with SONY later on.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    BF4 is the killer of consoles. I'll be damned buying that nonsense!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

3. Likes mistercrow, Ezekiel, patthebaker321 likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Hell yeah. Dice can kiss dirty ass for that broken game.

5. Likes mistercrow, patthebaker321 likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    BF4 is also the killer of hopes and dreams.

7. Likes BeRanDone likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Sounds like a software bug, don't sweat the small stuff man, your system is fine.

Knack sadly crashes alot too.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

9. Likes patthebaker321 likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Sounds like a software bug, don't sweat the small stuff man, your system is fine.

Knack sadly crashes alot too.
    I played throughout the entire Knack campaign and didn't have as single crash, bug, or game crippling problem.

So far I have only had one crash with my PS4, which was while playing KZ:SF, I went to access one of the parts of a ship by putting my hand on the verification console thing, then the game crashed and gave me an error code. But that was it. My PS4 hasn't hiccuped since.

11. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83, patthebaker321 likes this post
    Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That sucks but at least Amazon is sending you one ASAP. Hopefully the next one works out Ok.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Your PS4 was infected with EAids.

Apprentice
    It seems that the PS3 foe was the Bethesda games (Oblivion, Fall Out). I, along with more than I've encountered lost their console to the YLOD when it had zero problems before playing the game (in my case, FO:NV) for literally 6 hours over the course of a week. Never had an issue before with my console running loud or hot. I'd gone on hour long binges with other games to no issue. The second I'd load up a Bethesda game on PS3? Fan would kick up to the point that I could finally even hear it, crashes, bugs, frezzes, etc. Then, on my perfectly kept and lightly used prized 60GB BC PS3, I load up my FO:NV save to continue the game I was hardly a few hours into. I open a door.....I OPEN A DOOR (lol).....and it shuts off.
    I wasn't too worried right away as I assumed it was a crash. I go to turn it back on and it wouldn't turn on. I see a yellow light before turning off each time. I can't even eject my game. So, I bought the Move slim 320GB bundle brand new and on sale at Wal-Mart for $400 and my 60GB baby has been sitting in its box with a game inside as I wait to decide what to do with it.
    I think I'm going to try to get it reballed from a reputable source but it seems like every time I find one I'm about to deal with I hear horror story reviews of them getting it and claiming it can't be fixed so they just to that reflow crap (basically, never was a reballing service). I just want it back as i loved the console and, back on point, one game's shoddy code made it friggin' explode.
    I'd hate to hear but it would almost be sweet justice if EA bottomed out due to their games being this gen's Bethesda, lol.

PS......another reason I've made no attempt to open or fix my 60GB is because, if my dates and assumptions are correct, OFW 3.55 is the absolute latest FW on the console. THIS IS NOT SAYING I'D USE IT TO PIRATE AS I AM AGAINST THAT but I could sell it for a decent price if it has it and reballed to work well.
    Truly, I buy my games 2nd hand at worst. I have PS+, etc. With all art/entertainment that can be had freely on the internet, I think those that create it should be paid for their work. I'm aware of what can be done on a "hacked" or "CFW" console. I do not approve of it outside of the truly homebrew stuff. To admit one thing, though, I don't mind emulation of consoles older than the PS1/N64 gen. If someone wants to relive their childhood playing NES games on a computer or hacked console emulator, I don't care. Why? It's so hard to find working consoles and carts these days seeing how we're talking about 30 year old consoles and cart games. Anyway.....
    If someone wants to use THEIR PROPERTY (I also believe that you own what you but. Be it a game, console, car, coffee, house, etc if you pay in full I believe it's yours to do as you wish) to make/use homebrew applications like media players that play files not supported by the console or GUI tweaks or whatever I'm cool with that. I'm just against not paying developers for a their work, bad game or not. So, if fixed properly, I may keep it for it's BC/rarity/sentiment and update the firmware or keep the OFW that is on it and sell as is on Ebay. While I know they'd likely steal games, I'd ask in the description that they not.

Sorry for thread jacking so to bet back to the point, it would be crazy if EA's game code ruined consoles like Bethesda's games did last gen. I believe it was proven by a stat Sony put out or someone inside that consoles sent in for fixing in which a game was stuck inside had either Oblivion or New Vegas inside more than any other. Seeing how, just in the sports games EA makes, they decided to use a universal engine for all sports. This worked well for some (Hockey, Football *soccer*) but terrible for American football. It took until these last NCAA/Madden football games to tweak the engine to make the game menus run smoothly, players move unlike robots, etc. So, we know EA will cram multiple games into the same engine at any cost. I'm kind of glad that I'm waiting to get a PS4. I don't want to essentially be a beta tester. Don't want a game bug/console bug to ruin anything, etc. I'm hoping that all will be sorted out by Feb-March or so. Plus, I really want to play "Tearaway" so I may wait for the inevitable PS4/Vita bundle.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    That sucks but at least Amazon have been good enough to send you a replacement over night, I suppose they are expecting the old one back are they?
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Yeah I have 30 days to send back my defective one. And it didn't just crash folks, it turned itself off while I was playing. When I rebooted, then I was greeted with the error message. In 54 hours of BF4 it had never turned itself off until last night. I've been playing for around 8 hrs non stop right now, and the problem hasn't resurfaced. Still, getting my new one tomorrow so this one is a goner anyway.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I suppose they would want it back otherwise if people got wind of Amazon sending out a replacement with no return then there would be a lot of returns and people getting another one for free!

PSN ID
    nervegas_ds
    it's not free. if you dont send the old one back they will charge you for the new one. you have to agree to that before they will send you a replacement.

Racing Game Fanatic!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by NerveGas View Post
    it's not free. if you dont send the old one back they will charge you for the new one. you have to agree to that before they will send you a replacement.
    That was put a bit better, that was the words I was looking for lol

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Hell yeah. Dice can kiss dirty ass for that broken game.
    Yep. Glad I only rented it.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Got my replacement yesterday and I'm unsure what to do. The new one is ridiculously loud in both fan noise and disc drive noise. My original is quiet as can be and I really only barely hear the fan. The new one seems to have the fan speed ramped up nearly right away, and the BD drive sounds like a PS3 slim. I'm fairly certain the problem with my original is the hdd as I noticed the ui was a bit sluggish when I first got it, and the system icons loaded very slowly. So I think I'm gonna send back the loud one and just buy a replacement hdd.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    Quote Originally Posted by N0REGARD4LIFE View Post
    Got my replacement yesterday and I'm unsure what to do. The new one is ridiculously loud in both fan noise and disc drive noise. My original is quiet as can be and I really only barely hear the fan. The new one seems to have the fan speed ramped up nearly right away, and the BD drive sounds like a PS3 slim. I'm fairly certain the problem with my original is the hdd as I noticed the ui was a bit sluggish when I first got it, and the system icons loaded very slowly. So I think I'm gonna send back the loud one and just buy a replacement hdd.
    swap the hard drives over and keep shtum.. lol

Apprentice

so your gonna ask for your old one back? or do you have both systems?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    I still have both systems.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Not sure what I would do. Guess you could send it off to Sony if you really want to. Not sure if you want to wait that long though.

Apprentice

Mine did the same thing. After an awful experience with trying to download the latest version, I get to play killzone and the ps4 just shut itself off. I started it back up with not problem and play a several more hours before I quit the game to do other stuff not related to playing on the console. I take it to another house to test and see if it connects to internet or has any other issues. I let a kid play it for a bit to test it out and when he is done the game is just sitting there for 30 minutes or about that and then the ps4 ejected the disc by itself and started making a sound like it was accepting a disc. I couldn't get it in there so I turn the system off and back on and it continues to do it. I try turning the system off and back on again and after that reset it worked fine after that. I went a head and called sony to let them know, and purchased the additional insurance coverage too incase I have to send it back later. My system wont get a real endurance test until Metal gear comes out and/or a batman game, because Im going to be playing the hell out of those. I don't want to get the games I really am looking forward to only to find out that my system decides to break at that moment. Im a little worried because I havnt got to put my machine thru a true test yet. Only a few hours here and there. Not like an all day event like Ive done with my ps3s

All had been well since launch, but last night my PS4 decides it wanted to turn itself off during BF4 last night. Upon reboot I get a blue screen that says a problem was encountered in the system or something to that effect, but worked for hours fine after that. Contacted Amazon, and they are shipping a new one over night to me which will be here Friday.
    Now my system may have never had this issue again, but I wasn't willing to chance it and didn't wanna go through the hassle of dealing with SONY later on.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah thats not normal. My PS4 is whisper quiet both with the fans and the disc drive.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    Mine was making a massive noise until I realised I shouldn't have it stood vertically like I did blocking some vents.
    Playing killzone now and it's no louder than my ps3 slim so far which is good.
    I'll always have headphones on when I'm playing anyways.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    Mine was making a massive noise until I realised I shouldn't have it stood vertically like I did blocking some vents.
    Playing killzone now and it's no louder than my ps3 slim so far which is good.
    I'll always have headphones on when I'm playing anyways.
    I've only heard mine noticeably while playing KZ. It ramps up pretty loud then at times but no other game does that.

PSN ID
    PsycoShogun
    its a bit worrying that battlefield seems to be causing these issues, such a shame because it is such an ambitious game :/

Thread Information