Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

New PS4 stock sells out in 25 minutes on Amazon

I know this has already been posted on the home page but I felt that people who don't browse it should also see this report:

Canada.com has today reported some amazing Amazon sales figures for the PlayStation 4. It seems that the website's current stock of the console sold out in twenty-five minutes when eager buyers became aware that a fresh supply was available.

It is unknown how many PS4s were on offer or when Amazon will get any new stock in, but the fact that the console sold out so fast surely indicates its enormous popularity.

Sony must be really happy with the way the PS4 has been received world wide so far!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Not to sound negative, but this is meaningless until we get the numbers of how many units were shipped there to AMAZON. For all we know it could have 10 units, 50 units or more. We dont know.

In a more postive note, i am sure that the ps4 is in high demand and excited for the bright future it has.....

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    it's like the wii all over again. I remember when the wiki was selling like hotcake and those who wanted it couldn't find it anywhere.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Yeah I remember that, the same happened with Wii fit and the Wii fit board!

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FightingSmile64 View Post
    Not to sound negative, but this is meaningless until we get the numbers of how many units were shipped there to AMAZON. For all we know it could have 10 units, 50 units or more. We dont know.

In a more postive note, i am sure that the ps4 is in high demand and excited for the bright future it has.....

It's not meaningless because this shows the high demand of the units. Even if it was only 500 units, that's a lot of units to sell out in that amount of time and it's certainly not going to slow down anytime soon. I believe it's safe to say that the PS4 will probably have a very high selling rate well into holiday season of 2014.

Veteran
    Apparently, this was the third shipment. For those without a PS4 already, the next two months are going to be constant scrambling for news about some limited availability showing up. Sony is going to have to build up an inventory for the Japan/Asia launch but they won't completely shut off the supply line to the markets that have already launched. The next set of sales numbers will be in January for the end of year sales. We should be getting more reference data then. The PS4 is going to be in short supply well into 2014. The units Sony will have for the Japan/Asia launch won't fill demand and is going to result in more shortages. It will be an interesting story to follow.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    I wonder if Sony actually underforecasted the potential demand. or are they purposefully doing this to keep excess demand high?

Super Elite
    I don't think they can keep up. The demand is there, the product isnt

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    N0REGARD4LIFE
    Items PlayStationDiceBattlefield 3
    SONY is basically printing money with the PS4. Home-fucking-run.

***** dweller
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I wonder if Sony actually underforecasted the potential demand. or are they purposefully doing this to keep excess demand high?
    I believe that they did. They only sold around 150+ thousand PS3's in it's first week of launch. They probably assumed that 1 million PS3's will be enough for launch and the holiday season. Actually I don't think that anyone would believe that something like this would happen.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Soon, they might have to re-word that phrase "selling like hotcakes"...

12. Likes Demi_God wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I know this has already been posted on the home page but I felt that people who don't browse it should also see this report:

Canada.com has today reported some amazing Amazon sales figures for the PlayStation 4. It seems that the website's current stock of the console sold out in twenty-five minutes when eager buyers became aware that a fresh supply was available.

It is unknown how many PS4s were on offer or when Amazon will get any new stock in, but the fact that the console sold out so fast surely indicates its enormous popularity.

Sony must be really happy with the way the PS4 has been received world wide so far!
    should it be Canada.ca ????

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Cool.

Over on the Xbox forums some of them seem to think the X1 has already won the holiday season. I find that hard to believe considering all the reports I've seen and pics of X1s stacked up at certain Best Buys.

Not that it really matters. I mean...if both sell well then both systems will get their fair share of attention. Actually, the X1 selling bad could be a bad thing for us PS4 gamers. MS has money...and if they want to they can gobble up quite a few exclusives that would have been otherwise multiplats.

They do it now...think about how it will be if they need a big edge if the PS4 is selling a lot more than their system.

Nosce te ipsum
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Cool.

Over on the Xbox forums some of them seem to think the X1 has already won the holiday season. I find that hard to believe considering all the reports I've seen and pics of X1s stacked up at certain Best Buys.

Not that it really matters. I mean...if both sell well then both systems will get their fair share of attention. Actually, the X1 selling bad could be a bad thing for us PS4 gamers. MS has money...and if they want to they can gobble up quite a few exclusives that would have been otherwise multiplats.

They do it now...think about how it will be if they need a big edge if the PS4 is selling a lot more than their system.
    Equally, I've been to plenty of stores that don't have any systems in stock; ps4 and xbox one.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Equally, I've been to plenty of stores that don't have any systems in stock; ps4 and xbox one.
    I went to one of my local Gamestop about a week and a half ago...and they said they had half the preorders of PS4 and still had about 50 left.

I'm guessing it's all about where you live....why that has any difference, I have no idea.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    I believe that they did. They only sold around 150+ thousand PS3's in it's first week of launch. They probably assumed that 1 million PS3's will be enough for launch and the holiday season. Actually I don't think that anyone would believe that something like this would happen.
    True. 1 million units day 1, and 2 million units first month is record breaking.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Local EB Games says 2nd batch (the one before Christmas) sold out. Next shipment possibly just before Christmas or just after, at around Jan 5.

Everyone is sold out. Now I can see why they're going for double here and Aussie...

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I am sure that we will find out who has won the holiday season as soon as the new year comes around and they both publish their holiday season sales figures, it's going to be pretty close I think!

Thread Information