Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

H-Hour First Screenshot! SOCOM Spiritual Successor

Check it out:
    https://www.sofstudios.com/index.php...hot-of-h-hour/

To be honest I nearly forgot about this project. As a SOCOM fan this makes me very happy.

Slated for a Q1 2015 release and a beta next year.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Yes! Dat ass! Still pre Alpha but yes the foundation looks to be solid, can't wait

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-05-2013 at 22:35.

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Looks good so far but it better look next gen when it's Finished and have real SOCOM gameplay to it.

Forum Overseer

that could pass for a PS3 game lol. ah well.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Don't know how I feel about this... I mean, when is that last time a good SOCOM game was released?

Forum Overseer

7. Likes John Willaford likes this post
    Master Poster
    Items User name style
    I'll keep an eye on this.

The camera looks to match the old socom feel quite well.

Superior Member
    To be fair it is a work in progress. The final product will look a lot better. Just look at the progress Driveclub has made in a matter of months.

Regardless of visual quality I'm still very excited. I hope this game will recapture the SOCOM magic. Not to mention the guys working on this game are industry professionals and retired military. David Sears, creative director of the SOCOM games, is attached to this project.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    To be fair it is a work in progress. The final product will look a lot better. Just look at the progress Driveclub has made in a matter of months.

Regardless of visual quality I'm still very excited. I hope this game will recapture the SOCOM magic. Not to mention the guys working on this game are industry professionals and retired military. David Sears, creative director of the SOCOM games, is attached to this project.
    sorry man i'm just not convinced. the fact that he's trying to replicate a game that came out almost a decade ago, makes me think that it's not going to be a good game.

socom 2 was great but it can be a lot better for today's standards.

Superior Member
    We shall see. I will remain hopeful. I think they know what they're doing.

Elite Sage
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Huge SOCOM 2 fan and even I got zero hype for this lol

Sig&Av by Kuro

Fallout4HorizonDeusExMDUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: Feb 2008 - Jun 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: Jun 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: Nov 2013 - Present
    PSVita: Dec 2013 - Present

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Not to mention the guys working on this game are industry professionals and retired military. David Sears, creative director of the SOCOM games, is attached to this project.
    Hardly convincing... Didn't the Medal of Honor game released a few years ago also developed with people with real military background. It turned out to be mediocre though.

Forum Overseer

We shall see. I will remain hopeful. I think they know what they're doing.
    lol, i wouldn't say that after SOCOM 4. they had a number of years and all they could come up with was...no no no i'm not going into this again. SOCOM 4 does not deserve my time even as a criticism.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    is this a ps4 exclusive? ive actually never heard of this

Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    is this a ps4 exclusive? ive actually never heard of this
    It's coming to PC and PS3/4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    oh ok cool!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    lol, i wouldn't say that after SOCOM 4. they had a number of years and all they could come up with was...no no no i'm not going into this again. SOCOM 4 does not deserve my time even as a criticism.
    These guys didn't work on Socom 4 tho. David Sears left Zipper halfway through the development of Socom 3 and Socom has been in the crapper ever since.

All I know is everyone begged for Sears to return and for Seth to get the hell away from the franchise. Well here it is and if this flops again there's no Seth Luisi to take the blame this time around.

Also, Socom 4 shouldn't have ever bared the Socom name in the first place. It was an abomination.
    Last edited by faaeng; 12-06-2013 at 04:51.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    It's coming to PC and PS3/4
    PS3? well not surprising lol.

Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    These guys didn't work on Socom 4 tho. David Sears left Zipper halfway through the development of Socom 3 and Socom has been in the crapper ever since.

All I know is everyone begged for Sears to return and for Seth to get the hell away from the franchise. Well here it is and if this flops again there's no Seth Luisi to take the blame this time around.

Also, Socom 4 shouldn't have ever bared the Socom name in the first place. It was an abomination.
    hmm, ok fine and i don't even need that to trust him, my only problem is that what he has said so far, i'm liking some things but not others. like, he's passing off 16 vs 16 as if it was an awesome thing? no vehicles like we hate vehicles?

you can have a 64 player SOCOM, you can have vehicles in there! why can't we have 64 players and vehicles in almost 2014!

thus my issue. they're targetting SOCOM 2 (except socom 2 was 16 players), and it's just not good enough.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Um that's the same mentally zipper had with s4! We don't need dual primary, we don't need aim down sight in a Socom game but they did it anyway and see what that got them? You just don't mess with a formula that works. Bungie didn't $#@! with Halos Foundation and what ever studio that will be taking over will not mess with it either. Same with cod, Socom does not have to be other games! It doesn't need 64 players, vehicles, big ass Maps to be successful.

It's those small intimate maps that made Socom what it was, 8v8 rooms you got to know every one in there.

Is every one forgetting MAG? That's what a Socom will be like in 3rd person view

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-06-2013 at 05:49.

Veteran
    I would rather they go back to what made socom socom.

I wouldn't want a 32v32 socom. This is 1 life per round, "Im all alone, Im low on ammo, its 3 on 1and they got the bomb, but we gotta get this win" gameplay. Not run out guns blazing and if I die, oh well *click* respawn gameplay.

Things went downhill ever since they went 16v16, vehicles and large maps and now they want to go back and you want 32v32, vehicles n big maps? O_o

No offence mahn, but thats what caused the series downfall to begin with. Them trying to make Socom 3 like Battlefield. Then with 4 they tried to make like COD. Why cant we just let Socom be Socom?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

22. Likes HellsJester likes this post
    Veteran
    DP
    Last edited by faaeng; 12-06-2013 at 06:57.

Superior Member

I wouldn't want a 32v32 socom. This is 1 life per round, "Im all alone, Im low on ammo, its 3 on 1and they got the bomb, but we gotta get this win" gameplay. Not run out guns blazing and if I die, oh well *click* respawn gameplay.

Things went downhill ever since they went 16v16, vehicles and large maps and now they want to go back and you want 32v32, vehicles n big maps? O_o

No offence mahn, but thats what caused the series downfall to begin with. Them trying to make Socom 3 like Battlefield. Then with 4 they tried to make like COD. Why cant we just let Socom be Socom?

I completely agree. They don't need to reinvent SOCOM to appease the market because of dominant shooters like Battlefield. SOCOM set itself apart from other shooters of its era and has its very dedicated fanbase. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. SOCOM 3 is when it began to go downhill. They need to return the old formula that worked and what made it popular. Smaller maps and teams.

Veteran
    And for god sake people on your team communicating with each other as a team. XD

Master Sage
    Items User name style

Im not a big SOCOM fan but the big SOCOM fans i have talked to in the past have all said the same thing and that was what Faaeng said where it went downhill when they tried to make it like Battlefield with vehicles, big maps, and bigger player count.

Superior Member
    I've been following this game loosely as well as a few of my friends. My ps4 drools for this game
    Ride or die Sony(Playstation) supporter since 12/25/1997 Currently playing: Mass Effect 3, NBA 2K14, Tomba,Battlefield 4,Warframe, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
    Holding down Turtle Power since 1991

Thread Information