Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    YellowFootPrint / Nodrodee
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    Check it out:
    https://www.sofstudios.com/index.php...hot-of-h-hour/

To be honest I nearly forgot about this project. As a SOCOM fan this makes me very happy.

Slated for a Q1 2015 release and a beta next year.
    This is 1st I've heard of this game, just went and read up on it and now I'm fired up for it.
    Awesome that is coming out on PS3, I'm holding off on PS4 until the games justify upgrade or I have extra $$. This may have been the game to make me upgrade.

Played some Confrontation this week and found a couple of nice long lasting battles (no cheating). May get back to playing it again. fun stuff by I was getting owned for the most part. US East was the only server with enough players to have a good room.

Anyone playing Confrontation tonight?
    SOCOM Confrontation | BF3 | Last Of Us | RockBand 3

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If I had my ps3 I would have played with you. Most of my clan [OSC] still plays...mostly just quick matches to avoid all the room freezes

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Superior Member
    I'll just take a polygon boost and 60fps lock on the PS4 version, these graphics are def PS3 level.
    In SOCOM it's all about FPS AND Resolution, so, lets not make every little rock detail tooooo detailed and give the engine room to breath.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Eh fps and resolution? What Socom have you been playing lol?

The game will be just fine, thus is still pre Alpha. If people want eye candy then the division should fill that void. Can't wait to see how that one is turning out during VGX

Extreme Poster
    point taken. i agree that this is what made socom what it is and i did not like big maps and vehicles in socom 3.

i still think that it can work to some extent. they can always give you the smaller maps (which they did) and the bigger maps, and give you a way to limit those maps for a certain amount of people. of course that would split the base and that's not good either and you'd feel cheated out of paying $60 for half the game. i get it.

socom 3 wasn't horrible, it was just not executed well, if they do, they can make it work well.

even if they didn't go for 64 players or vehicles, i would not mind a socom 2 clone again but it better have something good to latch on to, i don't want another socom 2 that isn't as good as socom 2.

Extreme Poster
    socom in the same sentence as fps and resolution? lol.

Superior Member
    Here is a snippet from the 'Overview' section of the game's website:

"We're going to push the PC to the limits of its rendering possibility (don't worry if you don't have a bleeding edge machine—H-Hour is scalable) and we have the artists and animators committed to doing this. H-Hour will be visually stunning.
    Our goal is to unify AAA game design, art direction, and music to deliver you an outstanding game. It's a tall order but we've been doing this for years and with our no nonsense philosophy, we can dispense with the politics and get down to making the game you want to play."

I think closer to release we'll see some good looking visuals. I'm pretty sure this will be a digital-only title anyway. At least things are coming along nicely and the Kickstarter only ended earlier this year. They are making good progress.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by noD View Post
    This is 1st I've heard of this game, just went and read up on it and now I'm fired up for it.
    Awesome that is coming out on PS3, I'm holding off on PS4 until the games justify upgrade or I have extra $$. This may have been the game to make me upgrade.

Played some Confrontation this week and found a couple of nice long lasting battles (no cheating). May get back to playing it again. fun stuff by I was getting owned for the most part. US East was the only server with enough players to have a good room.

Anyone playing Confrontation tonight?
    Enjoy Confrontation while you can. Earlier in the year Sony announced the Socom 4 and Confrontation servers are being pulled offline in January.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    The 24th of January, sad really

PSN ID
    xPSYCHOPATH410x
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    The 24th of January, sad really

Should have happened years ago.

11. Likes John25 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    Items AC/DCRolling StonesAtari 2600GTA CJBattlefield 3Final Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIINESSNESEvertonUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by xPSYCHOPATH410x View Post
    I know Right ,Confrontation was a Joke of a game ,Still can't believe they had the cheek to charge us for DLC for a broken game where they never listened to the Community on it's issues.

But still I wouldn't mind having a PSU farewell game if enough people would be up for it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by xPSYCHOPATH410x View Post
    nope still has an online community larger than killzone 2, Warhawk, Uncharted online.

And this is with all the issues it had

Quote Originally Posted by John25 View Post
    I know Right ,Confrontation was a Joke of a game ,Still can't believe they had the cheek to charge us for DLC for a broken game where they never listened to the Community on it's issues.

But still I wouldn't mind having a PSU farewell game if enough people would be up for it.
    The state of the game at release might have been a joke but the patch that released with the dlc turned things around. Like I said above it still has a community larger than most triple A games (multiplayer) hyped up on the ps3 but yet it was a joke and a failure? Even Socom 4s peak hours couldn't match confrontation that's been out for 3 years.

If slant 6 got the same type of funding zipper got for MAG and Socom 4, I believe we would have had a much better Socom title. 8 This is all Sony's fault.

Not disputing that the game was a mess (at release), but I rather have Socom confrontation than 85% of the 1st/3rd person shooters that came out this generation. The only shooter that required skills lol (not a point of debate for me, when I can boot up cod mw2, play s&d hc for the first time since bo and am on top of the list playing against vets? Lol no, no skills at all) . I'm Pretty sure it was also the only shooter without Xp after each kill...The good old days.

/rant

Sorry 1 last thing, played ghost over a friend's house for the first time since second week of mw2 and was pulling off 35-45 kill games! Never went below 20 kills a match! How is that even possible that anyone can pick up a fake and do stuff like that.

Now let me see someone do the same on any Socom title...except s4 lol

Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-07-2013 at 07:26.

14. Likes $Greatness$ wishes they had posted this first.
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    "We believed in Military shooters once. Make us believe in them again." - Lucilla

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Forum Guru
    The demise of Socom was all Sony's fault. They wanted so badly for a "Halo killer" they more or less tossed the franchise aside and pumped everything they had into Killzone which no offence, was a mediocre game at best when it came out. Look how far that franchise has come since the first game? Imagine if some of that backing went towards socom like it should have.

Sent from my One using Tapatalk
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    YellowFootPrint / Nodrodee
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    nope still has an online community larger than killzone 2, Warhawk, Uncharted online.

And this is with all the issues it had

The state of the game at release might have been a joke but the patch that released with the dlc turned things around. Like I said above it still has a community larger than most triple A games (multiplayer) hyped up on the ps3 but yet it was a joke and a failure? Even Socom 4s peak hours couldn't match confrontation that's been out for 3 years.

If slant 6 got the same type of funding zipper got for MAG and Socom 4, I believe we would have had a much better Socom title. 8 This is all Sony's fault.

100% agree - Sony dropped the ball on this one. Confrontation was garbage when it 1st came out, but I and many other still played every night just hoping we would get a good room.
    But at the same time all the bugs discouraged a new generation of SOCOM'ers. All the COD / BF types that picked up the game, saw it was crap and never really gave it enough time to get hooked.

It was all about funding, if they had the support / marketing KZ had, put out a game with:
    16 X 16 rooms that were not full of unbearable LAG
    Had Next Gen Ladder system / Clan battles with on-line challenges and rankings.
    Balanced weapons - Remember the Famus, and backing out of rooms against French Clans
    If the Socom servers as stable as KZ's

Socom would have been no 1 all-time game on PS3, people would have learn that great gameplay, team work, community are a lot more fun then run and gun, 100's of unlocks, decals, airstrikes, nukes, etc...
    SOCOM Confrontation | BF3 | Last Of Us | RockBand 3

Super Elite
    I would be happy with desert glory, fish hook (grenade hell), and that jungle map.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    I'm preparing for garbage, but hoping for treasure. Just can't get excited about games anymore. I've been lied to too many times by these people. They are even commercializing the uncorruptible Kojima-San with their trickery and casual magic! I've never played Desert Glory or Fish Hook, but I hope I can get a solid chance to see what I missed out on with Socom II.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    More screenshots (courtesy of Reddit):

EWbaCl2.jpg
    QbyM2Hd.jpg

-EDIT-
    Gameplay video:
    Last edited by Joe Zombie; 12-10-2013 at 05:47.

Extreme Poster
    I hope that's far from finished. Just awful animations :S

Superior Member
    Pre-alpha stage.

Extreme Poster
    Let's hope that changes drastically,

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Let's hope that changes drastically,
    Let's just hope its good and without Aim-Assist and most of all...

Without casuals!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Having trouble seeing why people are getting excited about this. Socom hasn't been good in forever right?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Looking good

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    Let's just hope its good and without Aim-Assist and most of all...

Without casuals!
    fairly sure we won't need to worry about that. my concern is that it's trying to replicate something. it should be its own thing but maybe like a modernized reboot/remake.

Like, stay to its roots but still innovate you know. They can “definitely” make some features a lot better without making the game a copycat of today’s shooters.

For example. They can make the scopes way better, they have always been full of ****, they can even add bullet drop, expecting a lot here and likely won’t happen (as only BF has this feature) but it is still better than having fake range effect (where bullets go straight but don’t hit after a certain range).
    They can definitely work a lot more on camo, SOCOM is one game where online stealth actually ****ing worked. I have never, in my entire life, played another game where stealth worked this well.
    Also maybe more gadgets and traps…this can make the game hell of a lot more strategic AND authentic to how guerrilla warfare would be as there are only 16v16 players and I’m sure 8v8 in other cases.

They can definitely add a lot of attachments to the guns, focus a lot on customizations. In order to be better than other shooters and attract attention, they need to give us more options. Again, SOCOM has always felt authentic and somewhat realistic in ways. Adding this would just make the experience better.

They can add the ability to blend into environments through certain animations like appearing dead or maybe even hiding under leaves or mud/water (snorkles) etc. that’s what navy seals ****ing do!

Definitely need to focus a lot more on sniper ghillie suits. That is what stood SOCOM out for me back in the day. I don’t like how we don’t have that option in other shooters today. I think COD had it in one of its games but they took it out.

They can even go further into sniping and give it the ability to be a scout/spotter, maybe heart beat sensors, traps given to snipers. It would totally make the game hardcore and truly a next-gen experience…I mean, **** dude, whatever I’m suggesting should’ve been there in the PS3 versions but let’s not even talk about that.

I’m suggesting very simple and expected things. SOCOM was amazing back in the PS2 days but that was 10 ****ing years ago. We need to move on and improve the series. We need to expect better. Not just expect a PS2 port. I get it, it’s fine, we do need a SOCOM regardless but moving forward, I expect hell of a lot more than just trying to copy the glory of something that came out a decade ago.

Thread Information