Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

Family Guy: Brian Set to Return Very Soon

Sounds like they realized it was a bad idea as well!

Last month the world was rocked, or at the very least gently nudged, by the sudden demise of one of Family Guy's most beloved characters, Brian.

The faithful hound had been with the show since it started, was voiced by creator Seth MacFarlane, and was as popular for his singing as his dialogue. Following the death, we polled you guys about what you thought and the overwhelming consensus was that it's a bad idea.

It appears the Family Guy writers were listening, as Entertainment Weekly reports that Brian is set to return to the cast full time on December 15.

While the network declined to comment on the speculation, the site has discovered that an episode slated for next autumn has him falling in love with a character played by Maya Rudolph... something that'd be pretty difficult if he's six feet under.

The official logline for the upcoming episode on December 15, called 'Christmas Guy, explains that "Stewie devises a master plan to get the one and only thing he wants for Christmas," while Brian's name is included in the cast. Quite how Brian will return or what state he'll be in remains to be seen, but by all accounts it seems the death was just a stunt, as a chunk of the internet suspected.

In case you missed the episode on November 24 where the popular pooch carked it, he was promptly buried after being run over a car. Stewie was unable to save him at the time due to his time machine having been destroyed.

Source: IGN
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Well that was quick.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    He was always set to return. This was a great stunt to get people talking about the show. They write episodes weeks ago and seasons together so if this was real he wouldn't be coming back till next season. Kiddos to them for getting everyone talking.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

4. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I Still think the show is $#@!.
    Please abide by the signature file size limit. Thanks. ~ Staff

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    He was always set to return. This was a great stunt to get people talking about the show. They write episodes weeks ago and seasons together so if this was real he wouldn't be coming back till next season. Kiddos to them for getting everyone talking.
    ^---this

Family guy eps take months and months to make so there was never a listening to the fans and changing their minds about brian. Bringing him back was always the plan.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

7. Likes hoverbike likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Months? no...weeks, yes. South Park starts on next weeks episode this week..and they script and put together the entire show in 6 days.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Brian was not set to return this quickly, if at all. They hired a new voice actor from the Sopranos to play the new dog. If this change worked out, they were going to keep Brian dead. It only took one episode to see that it was a mistake. Stewie is going to fix his time machine and make it so none of this ever happened.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    It was really obvious they were going to bring him back. Also, this reminded me of when they killed off Kenny from South Park whom eventually came back.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Months? no...weeks, yes. South Park starts on next weeks episode this week..and they script and put together the entire show in 6 days.
    No..months, this isn't south park which makes their episodes using a computer program. Family guy is drawn by animation studios and from storyboard to animation is a process that takes several months. Don't understand how u could even compare the two as they both use obviously different methods.

Y0ur L1vEs ARE NoW 0Ver Y0u ba5T4RD5..wH4t You D0 w1Th Y0uR nEw L1V3s iS foR mE +O d3C1D3...W3ll tH4Ts th3 th30rY 4nyWAys

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Brian was not set to return this quickly, if at all. They hired a new voice actor from the Sopranos to play the new dog. If this change worked out, they were going to keep Brian dead. It only took one episode to see that it was a mistake. Stewie is going to fix his time machine and make it so none of this ever happened.
    He was because they do episodes months before they air and no way they would be done this fast. Not to mention the next episode after Christmas was title bring is a bad father. This was a stunt and worked.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    What a cop out.

14. Likes Mael Duin likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    He was because they do episodes months before they air and no way they would be done this fast. Not to mention the next episode after Christmas was title bring is a bad father. This was a stunt and worked.
    An interview I listened to about the death of Brian stated otherwise. There are many episodes created in 9 months. Some episodes never air. They had episodes ready in case the death of Brian was a huge mistake. They would either air the episodes in file A, or air the episodes in file B. Nothing was set in stone, and they did have a backup plan.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    I don't think they ever intended keeping him dead..

Miqo'te Bard
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    An interview I listened to about the death of Brian stated otherwise. There are many episodes created in 9 months. Some episodes never air. They had episodes ready in case the death of Brian was a huge mistake. They would either air the episodes in file A, or air the episodes in file B. Nothing was set in stone, and they did have a backup plan.
    Do you have a link for.interview?

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    What a cop out.
    Seconding this. I do not believe any of this "oh yeah he was going to come back anyway, it was all planned" thing.
    It's just a cop out.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

19. Likes Lebowski likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Didn't they do this because they wanted the show to end? I believe that Seth once said that 7 seasons was long enough for, Family Guy.

Anyways if they never intended on ending it, getting Brian killed was a ridiculous idea. Especially if you want to replace him with some Italian dog..

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I Still think the show is $#@!.
    Not always but for the last few years yes.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I'm sorry but I agree, I think them going back on the decision was a cop out and the whole "oh yeah we where planning on bringing him back anyway" is a load of $#@! and just an excuse for a bad decision!!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitch ID: Duffman041986

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Formally known as:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    jlmc1978
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gantz View Post
    No..months, this isn't south park which makes their episodes using a computer program. Family guy is drawn by animation studios and from storyboard to animation is a process that takes several months. Don't understand how u could even compare the two as they both use obviously different methods.

Oh, so they hired the Soprano's actor back in january...february...march...to do this new dog that was introduced?
    Wow...and we're just now finding out.

Oh, people who think they don't use computers to do animation in syndicated tv. Storyboards can have computer animation too...go figure.

'It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.' - Abraham Lincoln

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    TheSixPaths
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanm1978 View Post
    Oh, so they hired the Soprano's actor back in january...february...march...to do this new dog that was introduced?
    Wow...and we're just now finding out.

Oh, people who think they don't use computers to do animation in syndicated tv. Storyboards can have computer animation too...go figure.
    Yes they use a computer programa to do the storyboards but after that they send it off to a studio in korea that does the hand drawn animation.

I can feel that you don't believe this but this time of several months is the length is the way hand drawn animation like this is done.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    WAIT WHAT?

They " KILL HIM OFF " and bring him back
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I used to a diehard fan of the show but it has completely lost its knack. These last few seasons it just seems they are trying to hard to keep it interesting. I think it might be about time to put it on the shelf. Honestly this sounds like a cop out to me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    FLINTSTONES is all i am saying
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Guys, watch South Park, it's a much better show by a higher standard! $#@! Family Guy!!!

29. Likes Mael Duin, HellsJester likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by DreDayDetox View Post
    Guys, watch South Park, it's a much better show by a higher standard! $#@! Family Guy!!!
    I like South Park and I know you are a huge fan but they went through quite the identity crisis themselves. They went for the absolute shock factor for the past few seasons. At times it's just like Stone and Parker are just trying too hard to piss people off. In the past they naturally pissed them off. It mostly felt forced IMO. Don't get me wrong I still love the show but it has been lacking at times. But I will say, the Black Friday episodes were my all time favorites! Sucked me in lol.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information