Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The last boss fight description has almost put me off. Hate boss fights like that.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by chriharr View Post
    Weird the Aussie store has no demos whatsoever just the ps plus games !! Weird!
    US store is pretty $#@! as well.

Dedicated Member
    So, i've finally gotten some time to work on this. I went from zero to 5-3 last night.
    I seem to be playing it like Sonic and Crash combined. I get to move slow, double jump and ball attack enemies and when advisable i have the beast mode dashing and slashing techniques, like a skating ice hockey playing king kong.

The only 'complaint' i could have is the secret chambers. I'm finding most of them it seems, but a couple of times, when i'm crashing into them or half way down the hall to the box, a friggin Cinema kicks in and i'm not able to collect my item! This was most annoying when it happened twice in level 4.

I give the game an 8 for excellent execution, crisp graphics with sharp presentation and high polygon count, it could definitely hold it's own with Ice Age 1, a movie made on modest hardware meant to show Hollywood that movies didn't have to have insane budgets originally.

The game's pace never 'quickens' much. I wish Big Knack would move faster and be more beast, but he's pretty beast.
    I detract points because of the engine. Huh? Yeah, this thing is a high poly count version of a Jak engine. The lighting is procedural, i see light tiles come on and go back off all the time in the background, because the game's draw distance is so excellent those things aren't hidden and obscured for the sake of frame rate in this game. Graphically that's my only complaint... same engine with a better lighting system and I might not have noticed. I'm also pretty sure it reuses some stock sounds from J&D as well. I know it's not ND but ND developed alot of tech for SONY's other studios, so, i think Japan Studio is using a Jak engine ported to PS4. That said, give me Jak Ultra HD now then, since i have Jak HD collection already, lol. SONY could add a better light engine to this and make a great Crash game on PS4 right now with minimal overhead investment.... though I'd rather see a new Crash have some new awesome graphics engine. Just saying, Make it SoNY.

Knack: A good game now, great for kids, and a much better sequel I think will come of it.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Superior Member
    I really hope we do get a sequel. Very underrated game IMO.

Master Sage
    Completed it twice now, first on normal and then hard difficulties

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitbydeath View Post
    Completed it twice now, first on normal and then hard difficulties
    Is hard more enemies or more hits per enemy/both? How about Damage? Same number of hits there?
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by John Willaford View Post
    Is hard more enemies or more hits per enemy/both? How about Damage? Same number of hits there?
    Believe the enemy count was the same but the damage dealt was a lot more, playing co-op helps.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ITPython View Post
    I really enjoyed Knack and looked forward to playing it each night. It didn't deserve the low ratings it got and just goes to show how useless media reviews of games really are.

Possible spoilers:

That's why I usually peruse user reviews and weight them much higher than professional reviews. Those guys all have vegetables up their butts when they review.

PSN ID
    ilyandor
    worst game I've played; ever.

Graphics: Knack himself is made up of very simple, permanently connected (as opposed to completely individually moving) relics, with the most un-creative textures. when i saw this demoed at best buy months ago, i didn't have my glasses on me and thought knack was made up of garbage (lol) and all independent and varied pieces of things, which impressed me. After buying it came to find that it's all very simple and boring.
    The art direction is definitely a step back when compared to Dawn of War II on pc from 2009, or Gatling Gears and Renagade Ops for the ps3 which were outstanding. Too simple, rushed and "big for no reason", with very little graphical detail. 2014, ps4, and this is what you call next-gen? dissapoint.

Gameplay: garbage. such frustration. replay after replay. The name of this game should be Knit-pick. I re-played this game about 10 times, without replaying it twice yet, if you know what I mean. Enemies have cheating, predictive, split-second aim and reactions, and I frequently fear the little buggies and gnats (let's not speak of the red grenade-tossing human soldiers omg) than final bosses or giant avatars. Let's not get it twisted; I know how to play these type of games; but all the enjoyment is sucked dry by having to re-play sections over and over again because of some beetle sprayed me to death after I killed 23 varietys of baddies.

One of the biggest issues:

Tease. You never get big, and when you do, it's so you can immediately lose all your relics and shrink back down again, whether to open a door or to catch a ride in the plane. WTF? I wanted to run around town and be the tall giant but no, that will only be for about 20 minutes of the 23 hours you'll spend in this game. The entire thing is rigged. The relic containers do not contain a proportionate amount of relics, oh no. A tiny vacuum cleaner can fill up your entire health bar, and a bulldozer sometimes will give you 1% health. You know why? Because it's all pre-determined. You can never be as big, or small as you want to be. You will be the size the game decided long ago.

Gadgets. useless apart from one or two. I was really looking forward to using the time dilator - didn't even notice any slow-motion at all, ever, ended up switching to combo meter, which, predictably, does almost nothing unless you jack it way up, and even then, it's only in increments of 8 or 9. So if you manage to get 8 hits in a row, you will get like a 1.5 x increase in power, and no increase from that if you get 17 hits in a row. Much tease.

I say a robot chucking boulders at me, so I decided to wait it out behind a wall. He had 3 visible rocks, but guess what? It was an unlimited supply.
    I kill 4-5 enemies, go for the last one with a jumping attack in super-slow mo, he raises gun in slow-mo, and shoots me in mid air, predicting where I would be. WTF? Oh ok, gotta start over again. Really? Really???
    When big in size (twice throughout the whole fracking game lol) you move like you are on ice. I know, I expected him to be slower, but it didn't just feel slow; it felt retarded on ice and clunky.
    Laggy animation transitions. You know what I mean. You move the right analog stick to do a time-warp slide thing, but oh, no, you can't continue running normal speed right after that - gotta wait a half second, THEN you can run. Overall all animations feel un-connected and separate, laggy.
    I'm currently on my 2nd replay, just so I can see if it's more enjoyable playing as a different knack (probably not, right?)

Sorry for the rant, just HAD to get it out of my system. Thanks.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    That is one serious wall of text!!!!!!!! However I disagree. I had fun playing game from start to finish. Well.......the last boss fight pissed me off.

PSN ID
    ilyandor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    ...the last boss fight pissed me off.
    Funny because that was the easiest thing for me. I did expect to spend a good 20 re-plays thought. Maybe you were over-thinking it?

Thread Information