Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Chart Track: UK news... GT #'s....

OUCH for GT6.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/?i=1757&s=1111

09/Dec/2013
    With both new consoles off and running it's no change for the Top 3 with Activision Blizzard at No1 with 'Call of Duty: Ghosts' (+2%), EA at No2 with 'FIFA 14' (-15%) and EA at No3 with 'Battlefield 4' (-35%).

Ubisoft climb 1 place to No4 with 'Assassin's Creed IV' (-15%) and Rockstar/Take 2 climb 2 places to No5 with 'Grand Theft Auto V' (+19%). There's no change at No6 with Warner's 'Lego Marvel Superheroes' (-13%) and Ubisoft climb 2 places with 'Just Dance 2014' at No7 (+70%). The lone new entry at No8 within the All Formats Top 40 is Sony's 'Gran Turismo 6' for PS3. It's been 3 years since 'Gran Turismo 5' on PS3 and that title marked the highpoint for the series in terms of week 1 sales (selling close to 5 times the amount shown for GT6). But of course, consumers have a new Sony console under the TV right now, or are considering a PS4 purchase right now, which will affect GT 6's sales. Plenty of titles within the Top 40 have moved up a few places thanks to retailer promotions this week, for example Take 2's 'WWE 2K14' up 8 places to No14 (+191%) and Sony's 'LittleBigPlanet PS Vita', re-entering at No38 (+116%).

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Shame for GT6 but it is early days yet!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I think it's extremely telling.

Master Poster
    Surprise post! Still bleeding green and black?
    World Series Champions SF Giants!!!!! Grumpy Old Troll

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Zero surprise there really, I haven't gotten it yet since there's so much else to play. GT5 shouldve released way earlier into the generation and GT6 shouldve released around about when GT5 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Zero surprise there really, I haven't gotten it yet since there's so much else to play. GT5 shouldve released way earlier into the generation and GT6 shouldve released around about when GT5 did.
    I think it's a combination of it coming out when the PS4 is something a lot of people are wanting, AND it's just not much more than a DLC upgrade to some.

7. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Makes sense to me. GT5 let a lot of players down, and (more likely the reason for lower sales than anything) is that the PS4 is out and people have budgeted mainly for that, and likely do not want to buy PS3 games now.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I don't see it that way personally, especially without Drive Club, the PS3 didn't affect the sales of games like God of War II, Persona 4, Final Fantasy XII etc. or even Final Fantasy IX on PS1 which boosted PS1 sales well above PS2, and Gran Turismo is the bigger franchise. Possibly due to GT5 disappointing and/or a lot of other stuff to play right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Thread Information