Any chance we could see a new Twisted Metal, Tenchu, Driver, Jackie chan game?

Remember those classic games? King of fighers? Maybe a new Silent Hill? What do you guys think? Any chance they could make another Jackie chant stunt master game?

Superior Member
    New Silent Hill? Probably, but I doubt it will be any good. As for Twisted Metal, if you can't tell by my avatar, I love that series. The most recent one was a flop even though I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think we'll be seeing another one unfortunately. It just didn't gain traction like ESP/Sony wanted it to. The game could have been so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    New Silent Hill? Probably, but I doubt it will be any good. As for Twisted Metal, if you can't tell by my avatar, I love that series. The most recent one was a flop even though I enjoyed it a lot. I don't think we'll be seeing another one unfortunately. It just didn't gain traction like ESP/Sony wanted it to. The game could have been so much better.
    Remember the Jackie Chan Stunt master game? Who do we need to contact to let them know to make a new Jackie Chan game for the Playstation 4

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    I think we saw the last of Twisted Metal. I would love a twisted metal game, but I doubt David Jaffe will make another one.
    Last edited by Demi_God; 12-11-2013 at 13:04.

Elite Member
    I was a big fan of twisted metal, but the last one didn't get me that hooked for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by billm0066 View Post
    I was a big fan of twisted metal, but the last one didn't get me that hooked for some reason.
    Any news on a new Tenchu game? Remember that stealth ninja game from back in the day? Dont forget about Jackie Chan game......

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    I could go for a new TM game for sure

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    If David Jaffe isn't involved with a next Twisted Metal, I won't buy it. As for tenchu, I would like to see that game make a comeback. I remember playing Tenchu back in the day.

Superior Member
    I think maybe Twisted Metal might be alright without Jaffe. Hand it off to somebody new but stick with the old formula. ESP delivered a half-assed product with no support. As much as I loved that game, there was so many things wrong with it.

Regardless, I don't think we'll be getting another TM. At least not any time soon. The series belongs to such a niche market and I don't think Sony is ready to get behind another entry after the reception the last one got.

As for a new Tenchu, that seems more likely, although I don't think there has been any news about a potential sequel.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    NeoTokyoOutlaw
    Man, what I'd give for a new Tenchu game. I loved Tenchu Z.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushage View Post
    Remember those classic games? King of fighers? Maybe a new Silent Hill? What do you guys think? Any chance they could make another Jackie chant stunt master game?
    In running order of what you've listed in the subject line: Doubtful, minerly possible, possible, not a hope. Silent Hill, yup; King of Fighters, probably not a fully-fledged retail game, but perhaps a PSN showing. Some brilliant games you've mentioned, mind!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    I remember Tenchu on the PS1, i enjoyed the level creation very much, But if you really need your sword stealth game fix try Dishonored or the upcoming Thief.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Apprentice
    The only way I can see these franchises coming back on PSN. I don't see it happening tho. Like others said, Twisted Metal was a flop and I'm not sure what happened to Tenchu. I would love to see another Tenchu.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by DarkoStylo View Post
    The only way I can see these franchises coming back on PSN. I don't see it happening tho. Like others said, Twisted Metal was a flop and I'm not sure what happened to Tenchu. I would love to see another Tenchu.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Who made the original Tenchu? We should contact them to see what happened with the series

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    They were made by a couple of devs, most notably Acquire and From Software. Both of which have been busy with other IPs, but it's not beyond the realm of possibility they there'll be another.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Apprentice
    Ya From Software is a bit busy with the Souls series. I wouldn't mind a demon souls type game with crazy ninjas.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I would like to see a completely new IP from David Jaffe exclusive for the PS4.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushage View Post
    Any news on a new Tenchu game? Remember that stealth ninja game from back in the day? Dont forget about Jackie Chan game......
    Never played them and they don't sound that interesting to me anyways.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I would like to see a completely new IP from David Jaffe exclusive for the PS4.
    I believe he is working on something new with the new company he works for. Don't know what and for what platform tho. He hasn't really mentioned anything.

Sent from my Nexus 4

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    bizarro_thirteen
    Jackie Chan hasn't been relevant for a long time. There's zero reason to make a game with him in it. Tenchu would be cool, but it is already competing with a lot of stealth games as it is and it hasn't been relevant for a long time. King of Fighters XIII was a decent game. It recently came out on Steam I think. I'm sure there will be another one in the future.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Kamikaze_Krunch
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Zombie View Post
    I think maybe Twisted Metal might be alright without Jaffe. Hand it off to somebody new but stick with the old formula. ESP delivered a half-assed product with no support. As much as I loved that game, there was so many things wrong with it.

Regardless, I don't think we'll be getting another TM. At least not any time soon. The series belongs to such a niche market and I don't think Sony is ready to get behind another entry after the reception the last one got.

As for a new Tenchu, that seems more likely, although I don't think there has been any news about a potential sequel.
    Just remember what happened to Twisted Metal when Sony's own studio "989 studios" made it. It was awful. Only David Jaffe knows the series. I mean, after all, it's his creation. If anything, A new car combat game could come out. I remember having a blast with Vigilante 8.

Apprentice

TM3 & TM4 are my most played and enjoyed of the whole lot besides TM:Head On. IMO Jaffe did a good job killing the latest TM, enemies so far up your ass its not even fun, no characters with stories and the MP was a complete mess. God of War doesn't need him and IMO neither does TM.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think Silent Hill is a strong possibility and twisted metal is slightly possible.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
    TM3 & TM4 are my most played and enjoyed of the whole lot besides TM:Head On. IMO Jaffe did a good job killing the latest TM, enemies so far up your ass its not even fun, no characters with stories and the MP was a complete mess. God of War doesn't need him and IMO neither does TM.
    I agree. Plus if I remember correctly he left his own company to pursue other project(s). Now they're just making iOS games.

Demi_God, IMO TM3 & 4 weren't completely bad. I had fun with them back in the day.

I'd be happy with a new TM, a Vigilante 8 reboot, or a totally new IP altogether. I love car combat.

Thread Information