Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce

Warframe Update 11 notes: Must read if playing Warframe.

the following graph...study it!

In all seriousness, the below graph is one half of the complete overhaul to the damage model coming in the next update ~(DE is waiting on Sony)~

simple, right?
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    What the $#@! just did i read ? I canīt even reach Level 2 cuz the freaking challenge is to hard. Hate that. Despite that itīs a cool game

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    If the bar in the top right where it says your name is the bar for your leveling up...then I've spent hours and just reached level 1.

So, I gave up on this game a long time ago. Theres only a few levels to play while you're in the first few levels....and I'm not playing those over and over and over again. Especially not when it's going to take me weeks just to get out of the first few levels.

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    What the $#@! just did i read ? I canīt even reach Level 2 cuz the freaking challenge is to hard. Hate that. Despite that itīs a cool game
    if you're talking about the mastery rank tests then i can't be of much help. i can't remember what the test required....wasn't it a 'kill all the things' test?

I passed my MR 9 test a few weeks ago and it was hard because i picked the most unstealthy frame >_<
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    If the bar in the top right where it says your name is the bar for your leveling up...then I've spent hours and just reached level 1.

So, I gave up on this game a long time ago. Theres only a few levels to play while you're in the first few levels....and I'm not playing those over and over and over again. Especially not when it's going to take me weeks just to get out of the first few levels.
    top right or top left?

Mastery rank increases by playing the game. level up your weapons, sentinel, warframe, fight in more locations and it will go up.

the top right has the warframe level and that should go up very quickly.

Mastery Rank isn't important during the begging levels so don't pay too much attention to it. When you are part of a clan and are researching the higher level weapons it will be something to care about.

from what i can tell, PS4 players are playing warframe wrong
    its supposed to be a fast paced shooter, but all vids show everyone plodding along slowly. that should change when Sony greenlight the update and the PS4 and PC clients are in sync
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I've played this a couple of times and frankly don't have a clue wtf I'm supposed to be doing in terms of progression. The actual game missions themselves seem pretty generic and samey, but I do like the 4-player co op element. However going into the character stuff and trying up upgrade and...urghh...*confusion*

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    I've played this a couple of times and frankly don't have a clue wtf I'm supposed to be doing in terms of progression. The actual game missions themselves seem pretty generic and samey, but I do like the 4-player co op element. However going into the character stuff and trying up upgrade and...urghh...*confusion*
    yeah, tilesets are unique to their individual planet (for the most part). As you progress through different planets the tileset will change (though this is still being added to the game) unique location tilesets only go as far as jupiter as of U11. At the end of every planet is a boss, likewise, the samey nature usually had me making a bee line for the bosses. the bosses are actually quite fun to take on with a group of 4 and most are unique (though this too is still being added to the game) - Warframe is still Beta just a heads up.

The character screen goes a little like this:
    As you level up your frame/weapon, you get points to add mods to it - one level equals one point.

as you play you'll find mods from enemies you kill that boost the base stats of your frame/weapon. these mods will have a cost to equip and a little symbol that represents its polarity.

if you equip a mod to a slot matching its polarity the cost to equip the mod will be halved (rounded up)
    no polarity sign on weapon/frame slot means neutral and cost shown on mod is actual cost.

If there is a polarity slot and you do not match up it will multiply the cost by 1.5x (usually only relevant to advanced players)

Weapons and Frames have a max rank of 30 which subsequently means a total of 30 points to spend on mods.

mods can be strengthened by fusing them with other mods. while this makes the singular mod increase base stats by a larger amount, the mod will also cost more to equip the more you level it. one level, one added cost.

fusing destroys all but the base card you started the process with.

Strength during the fusion process (level up mods faster) goes something like this:
    Fusion cores
    Same mod
    Same polarity
    Rarity
    mod Level

i think that covers most of the player arsenal screen lol :/

EDIT:
    the cap point cap of 30 can be doubled by using a orokin catalyst(for weapons) or orokin reactors(for frames) these are called blue and gold potatoes by the fanbase for whatever reason :/

"potatoes" can only be used once, they cannot get taken off a frame/weapon

Forma allows you to change a single polarity slot on a frame/weapon when at level 30 (this is for advanced player though)
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 12-10-2013 at 13:25.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

7. Likes Richard616, TidalPhoenix likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    if you're talking about the mastery rank tests then i can't be of much help. i can't remember what the test required....wasn't it a 'kill all the things' test?

I passed my MR 9 test a few weeks ago and it was hard because i picked the most unstealthy frame >_<

top right or top left?

Mastery rank increases by playing the game. level up your weapons, sentinel, warframe, fight in more locations and it will go up.

the top right has the warframe level and that should go up very quickly.

Mastery Rank isn't important during the begging levels so don't pay too much attention to it. When you are part of a clan and are researching the higher level weapons it will be something to care about.

from what i can tell, PS4 players are playing warframe wrong
    its supposed to be a fast paced shooter, but all vids show everyone plodding along slowly. that should change when Sony greenlight the update and the PS4 and PC clients are in sync
    Yes, top left....time to go to bed.

It was on 0 for the longest and has been on 1 for a long time too. I agree though that the missions all seem to be no different than the next. Just run through and kill $#@! with no real variety in mechanics.

At least thats what I see of it and if the top left isn't your level....then I'm about level 9 or 10....so that long of playing and thats my opinion on it.

Banned
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @Fijiandoce Oh my giddy aunt. That's not a game. That's work! lol

Thanks for the info. I think I'd need to have your post open while I'm in the game.
    Last edited by TidalPhoenix; 12-11-2013 at 09:50. Reason: Corrected Fijiandoce's name

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Correct. Kill some dudes only with your handguns (pistols). Failed now 4th time in row. Itīs super hard because you have to stay in a circle, only have 1min. time to kill some motherfuckas, most of them are range class and hiding behind covers. You canīt reach them but they hit you every time. And then on the top of that, after every defeat you have to wait freaking 24h to give it another try. Iīm going nuts that i canīt master this. I want to test my new Chassis Rhino but for that i need master rang 2. So at every fail i look like this:

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    Itīs super hard because you have to stay in a circle,
    Hint: You dont have to stay in the center circle... you can run around everywhere hide behind the pillars or whatever.... aim for the head for faster kills.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

12. Likes bariton1 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    Hint: You dont have to stay in the center circle... you can run around everywhere hide behind the pillars or whatever.... aim for the head for faster kills.
    lol okay that will properly help a lot. Thanks :>

Veteran
    From what i can tell, PS4 players are playing warframe wrong
    Not all. I now have Frost Prime and Mag Prime.

But this is what you get from a generation shooters, the inability to think.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauldron View Post
    Not all. I now have Frost Prime and Mag Prime.

But this is what you get from a generation shooters, the inability to think.
    ive been farming ember and frost... just got ember though no primes...
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Veteran

Warframe Update 11 notes: Must read if playing Warframe.

Update 11 is interesting. Didn't realize that the damage types would be applied to me as well. lol

Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    ive been farming ember and frost... just got ember though no primes...
    You going to need void keys for the prime drops.
    Last edited by Kauldron; 12-14-2013 at 00:15.

Thread Information