Apprentice

Is this a dying sound my PS4 is making?

Its right at the beginning and the end, Skip ahead to 19 seconds just after that. It happens when I turn on the system and when I turn it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pXE9...ature=youtu.be

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MLG221 View Post
    Its right at the beginning and the end, Skip ahead to 19 seconds just after that. It happens when I turn on the system and when I turn it off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pXE9...ature=youtu.be
    nope, sounds normal to me. The sound at the beginning sounds like the Disc drive winding down. and the other is probably just a fan stopping. Mine makes those sounds too.

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    It's the blu-ray, it's extremely fast and extremely noisy at times.

Forum Sage
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Mine is the same too. I've been meaning to ask actually, the fan or disc drive 'cutting out' kinda sound had me worried a bit. But it looks like it's the same for others, so hopefully is perfectly normal.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by P51-SN95 View Post
    nope, sounds normal to me. The sound at the beginning sounds like the Disc drive winding down. and the other is probably just a fan stopping. Mine makes those sounds too.
    I'll second this, it sound like a typical HDD 'spindown/park'. A lot of the times in fixed systems the HDD's will keep spinning for a time when data's not being accessed, it will only spin down after a timeout period (to conserve energy.) What you're hearing is the spindown and park of the HDD. This is perfectly normal.

Actually overall these drives are really quiet. Not a lot of seek noise from accesses (i.e. the heads aren't moving around and making a bunch of clinking noise.)

PSN ID
    RiZing_Prodigy

Please help!

Is that sound at 0:15 normal? I get that every ~20-30 seconds while playing. Thanks!

Forum Overseer
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by RiZing_Prodggy View Post
    Is that sound at 0:15 normal? I get that every ~20-30 seconds while playing. Thanks!
    It's the drive spinning up, and spinning down (stopping). That is normal when you're playing disc based games.

Thread Information