Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim

The Elder Scrolls Online PC, Xbox One, and PS4 Release Dates Announced

Short but sweet courtesy of IGN:

Bethesda's upcoming MMORPG will hit both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later in 2014. The next-gen console version launches on an unspecified day in June 2014.

I was going to get The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim for PS3 but didn't in the end so will be picking up a copy on the PS4, another to add to the 2014 wanted list!
    Last edited by Duffman; 12-12-2013 at 09:08.
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Veteran
    Cool. Looking forward to this one.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    Short but sweet courtesy of IGN: Bethesda's upcoming MMORPG will hit both Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later in 2014. The next-gen console version launches on an unspecified day in June 2014. I was going to get this for PS3 but didn't in the end so will be picking up a copy on the PS4, another to add to the 2014 wanted list!
    You were going to get this for PS3??? As far as I know its not coming to any of the last gen consoles. You must be confusing this with another game.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-11-2013 at 21:47.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Is it still on a monthly fee ?!

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Superior Member
    Yes it is.

PSN ID
    redhat_nerd
    So I am getting a PS4 in June then , hopefully the do a ESO BUNDURU

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    I've never been able to get behind the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    Yeah, I would've been interested in this game if it wasn't for the monthly fee thing. I'd rather pay full retail price for the game and no more fees after that.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    You were going to get this for PS3??? As far as I know its not coming to any of the last gen consoles. You must be confusing this with another game.
    Yes you are right, I am confusing it with Skyrim, my bad!

OP edited

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    I will never buy a $60 game and pay a monthly fee, not even if it's Elder Scrolls... I really think elder scrolls is popular enough to get by with cash shop and premium members but people do get put away by having to put down that much money and then having to go home to pay more money.

I rather wait till the game becomes "free"

Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
    I've never been able to get behind the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Server based games are extremely expensive (Especially a popular one like Elder Scrolls with many potential players) while at the same time the company who made the game has to retrieve a profit. Basically if they don't charge you monthly then the only other options is to possibly break the gameplay by adding a cash shop (with possibly a premium user/ free user system) that brings a inconsistent amount of money.
    Last edited by Loui2; 12-12-2013 at 12:27.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    This $#@! should be better epic when they require a sub. I can only imagine one game in these days that has successful living 10 years now with subs and that is WoW. But Elder Scrolls is not Warcraft and i doubt that they can archive the numbers that WoW did. So i would not be surprised when Elder Scrolls Online is going F2P faster then we might think.

PSN ID
    redhat_nerd
    Quote Originally Posted by bariton1 View Post
    This $#@! should be better epic when they require a sub. I can only imagine one game in these days that has successful living 10 years now with subs and that is WoW. But Elder Scrolls is not Warcraft and i doubt that they can archive the numbers that WoW did. So i would not be surprised when Elder Scrolls Online is going F2P faster then we might think.
    What is your first language?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Played the beta...thats all I am allowed to say.

It was awesome.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Played the beta...thats all I am allowed to say.

It was awesome.
    Now that's just not fair

Apprentice

Will not be buying due to monthly fee, love the ES games too.

Asset Manager
    PSN ID
    avecha
    Items Lightning
    Greetings everyone. As we are approaching the end of 2013 and heading into our launch year, I thought I’d take a moment to thank you, our community, for your continued support. I’d also like to give you an update on the game’s development and our launch plans for 2014.
    First, thanks to everyone involved in the ESO community: those we met at trade shows, those of you on social media, and those that have had a chance to play the game and provided invaluable feedback through beta testing. I personally am humbled by the intense feelings of excitement expressed to us by the community at large. At shows like PAX East, PAX Prime, Gamescom, Eurogamer Expo, Paris Games Week, etc. – we always had three to four hour lines to play ESO. We know those wait times weren’t easy, and the great patience and enthusiastic reception you showed was remarkable. Everyone here at ZeniMax Online appreciates each and every one of you and your fantastic support of the game.
    Game development is coming along very well. We completed major systems development, and are focusing on making this the Elder Scrolls game you expect: polishing the hundreds and hundreds of hours of content, making combat even more fun and responsive, fixing quest issues, and much, much more. In fact, we plan on spending the next few months before launch reacting to the latest feedback from internal and external testers and gameplay data we have collected.
    As some of you know, we’ve been in beta testing for about a year now, leading up to our most recent test in late November where we had over 300,000 people in the game over a 48 hour period. We’ve had approximately 4 million people sign up for beta and that number continues to grow. We hope that just about every one of you who have signed up for beta will get an invitation to play sometime between now and the weeks before launch. These tests are very important, not only for gameplay feedback, but also to test our infrastructure. Beta tests can sometimes be a little rough when we are testing some systems for the first time with large numbers of players. So thank you to all who have participated for your understanding and support. It is very much appreciated.
    Worldwide demand for The Elder Scrolls Online is extraordinarily high. This means we need to do a staggered rollout of the different versions of the game to spread out the initial service load and ensure an enjoyable, smooth gameplay experience. It is not only a game we are launching – it is a large online service as well, and our number one priority is to ensure a trouble-free, stable rollout for everyone.
    We long ago promised that as soon as a version of the game is ready, we will launch it. So we’re happy to announce that the game will launch worldwide for PC and Mac players on Friday, April 4, 2014, while PlayStation 4 and Xbox One fans will see the game arriving on consoles in June 2014.
    Again, thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm over the past year. We are very proud of this game and excited to share it with you. We can’t wait to see you in the game in 2014! —Matt

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Don't know how I feel about this game... I probably won't even get it.

Thread Information