Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica

War Thunder, Warframe and Blacklight: Retribution.

What are everyones general thoughts on these free titles?
    I haven't done an excessive amount of research into them I'm kinda just impulsively deciding whether or not to download them.
    I hear that they're extremely buggy with horrid servers, Warframe especially.
    Is it even worth the hassle of downloading? Or are any of them absolute must-have titles...

(DCUO wasn't mentioned in this f2p title post because I already have it and my hero is aaaaaaaaawesome.)

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    War Thunder -awesome (IMHO)
    War Frame - complex and a bit samey but still worth a try. Huge progression and upgrade system.
    Blacklight - I quite enjoyed this. Fast paced FPS fun with a some uniqueness.

All of them are worth giving a go. War a Thunder is my favourite though.

​aka Sparc

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Haven't played War Thunder, but have a little the other two. I enjoyed what I played, and considering they're free, may as well download them.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    WarThunder - My favourite of the bunch, all of the planes feel different, they all fire differently and the controls work really nicely indeed. I'm quite amazed out how accurate the joysticks were.
    Warframe - Great for a quick jump in for an hour or less just to kill things. It's a bit of a grind to get any of the decent stuff but the further you get into the game the better it gets.
    DCUO - A very good fun action based MMO that is quite different compared to everything else and plays differently too. If you prefer action over standing still to cast then you'll like this.
    Blacklight - Buggy mess in every sense of the word. Tried playing it several times but it's heavily laggy, multi clipping issues with geometry, crazy amount of falling through the floor, and I've also walked through walls on some occasions.

When Planetside 2 comes out then things are going to change.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    I've only got to play Blacklight so far, and honestly it is buggy, but I haven't experienced falling through the floor or going through walls at all. Just some lag issues really which is common for a game still in beta, other than that it's enjoyable in my opinion.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    WarThunder - My favourite of the bunch, all of the planes feel different, they all fire differently and the controls work really nicely indeed. I'm quite amazed out how accurate the joysticks were.
    Warframe - Great for a quick jump in for an hour or less just to kill things. It's a bit of a grind to get any of the decent stuff but the further you get into the game the better it gets.
    DCUO - A very good fun action based MMO that is quite different compared to everything else and plays differently too. If you prefer action over standing still to cast then you'll like this.
    Blacklight - Buggy mess in every sense of the word. Tried playing it several times but it's heavily laggy, multi clipping issues with geometry, crazy amount of falling through the floor, and I've also walked through walls on some occasions.

When Planetside 2 comes out then things are going to change.
    Was the first planetside a F2P on PS3? I recall playing a game where the characters were like the Sand People from Tattooine in Star Wars, but the map was a snowy one, and you could get into two legged tank things, much like the Metal Gear Solid Gekko.
    If so when is that due for release? I thought that was a fantastic game!

Also thanks for your help guys I'll probably go for War Thunder and Warframe and leave Blacklight until its fixed.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Planetside released 10 years ago and was only on PC.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-13-2013 at 01:06.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Oh dear, reading that post made me very quickly realise it was Lost Planet.

Never played Planetside, never been a huge PC gamer, only ever did the basics of Sims, C+C, AofE, Stronghold and FM.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Power Member
    I never played Planetside 1 either. Wasn't much a PC gamer back then.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Just did abit of browsing and it looks awesome.
    Apparently running automatically at the PC's 'ultra' setting. Looks quite nice, wasn't a huge HALO fan but this looks as though I'd really enjoy it.
    With regards to how massive the multiplayer is gonna be, is there a figure? Most I've seen on PS4 so far is BF4's 64 player online, is it going to be matching or topping that?
    Looks fun.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    Just did abit of browsing and it looks awesome.
    Apparently running automatically at the PC's 'ultra' setting. Looks quite nice, wasn't a huge HALO fan but this looks as though I'd really enjoy it.
    With regards to how massive the multiplayer is gonna be, is there a figure? Most I've seen on PS4 so far is BF4's 64 player online, is it going to be matching or topping that?
    Looks fun.
    As far as I know it's a couple of thousand people spread over 3 territories but would be interested as too how many actually take part in the game you play or it's just whoever is in your territory or if it's split into different maps within them

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I was wondering whether Blacklight was any good, anybody shed any light on it?
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Warframe got me. Itīs really fun game if you want to play a cool ninja in space with crazy moves. At the beginning itīs a little bit complex but when u get into it it will hook you up. I have almost managed to build my first own Warframe without any need to buy platinum for real money. Only credits and materials during grinding are necessary and i love that.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I've played Warframe and enjoyed it. I'll wait till Blacklight gets fixed before I bother downloading it.

Ancient
    I played them but, meh

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by dj1979 View Post
    As far as I know it's a couple of thousand people spread over 3 territories but would be interested as too how many actually take part in the game you play or it's just whoever is in your territory or if it's split into different maps within them
    I can't see each territory being a stand alone server in that case, probably each territory will be split into multiple servers, thus making you chose where you'd rather play I guess.
    Can't see a PS4 server handling thousands of gamers,
    BF4 struggles on occasion with 64.
    That being said, that game is riddled with bugs, so I'm pretty sure a functioning title would be able to run that amount of gamers fairly smoothly.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I'm not into any of them right now. All deleted. Takin' up my hdd space.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I thought id really be into warframe. I wasn't.
    I barely play MP games nowadays and f2p doesn't really interest me

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, it's the f2p aspect that turns me off really.

Power Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I can't see each territory being a stand alone server in that case, probably each territory will be split into multiple servers, thus making you chose where you'd rather play I guess.
    Can't see a PS4 server handling thousands of gamers,
    BF4 struggles on occasion with 64.
    That being said, that game is riddled with bugs, so I'm pretty sure a functioning title would be able to run that amount of gamers fairly smoothly.
    For PC There are 9 servers world wide. All servers have all factions and territories but players on different servers cannot play with each other.
    Not sure on the specs of the servers but I imagine they are many times more powerful in CPU than a PS4 and my PC.

I play on Ceres.

Australia
    Briiggs

Europe
    Ceres
    Cobalt
    Miller
    Woodman

US East
    Mattherson
    Waterson

US West
    Connery
    Helios

Last edited by keefy; 12-14-2013 at 02:06.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Hope the PS4 can handle it to be able to keep that format, such huge servers would be awesome!

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Power Member
    There are some horrible douchebags in Planetside 2. After seeign this thread I thought I would have a game.
    I jumped in a vehicle that landed it took off few a few hundred metres then landed and wouldn't move, I can only assume its because he didn't want who ever got in the craft to get out, I dunno.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Planetside 2 does play slightly differently but back then Planetside 1 was simply amazing.

The largest battle I was a part of involved more than 1200 people around a single base. It was a key position on the map and there were about 40 cloaking tanks hiding a shed load of tanks, troops, troop carriers, planes, bombers and more. We all set a time for when we thought the best opportunity was to take the base and all cloaking tanks removed their device and all around the base everyone moved into to the centre. All you could then see were hundreds of the other faction on top of the walls and such trying to fight back - the entire battle lasted for over 3 hours!!! Massive lag fest back then on a 56k modem but goodness me was it a moment I'll never forget and goes down as my favourite gaming moment in history, absolutely epic.

Planetside 2 hasn't quite got that massive feel to it yet as the game doesn't want to work properly on my rig for some reason but when the PS4 version releases I am most definitely going to spend a lot of time on it.

24. Likes bariton1 likes this post

Been playing Warframe and warthunder and I must say both are good Warframe so far is just a run and gun but enjoyable warthunder is a bit more tricky but very enjoyable and I can see more effort for reward in it

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    warframe is amazing, im so addicted to it, the stuff to get weapons is a bit pricey though

Thread Information