Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica

Name that PSone game!

Ok, so it has been several years since I've played this, so my memory is massively vague and I'm pretty sure all the details I give will be wrong, so if anyone gets this then instant +rep.

So back in the day we were dodgy b******s and had our PS1 'chipped' thereby able to play copied games which we would download from the Internet and burn onto a disk. One of the games, I'm not sure if it was ever released in the UK because as I can remember, the menu screens and the subtitles for all ingame speech was Chinese/Japanese. The game was a first person (THERE MAY HAVE BEEN AN OPTION TO GO THIRD PERSON, I DON'T REMEMBER) sword game (thus making me think it was Japanese as opposed to Chinese)
    I don't remember if there was a character choice screen but I remember the attacks were pretty basic, and you had to play through a 3d level, and at the end there was like a boss of sorts, I don't know, and you had a sword fight with him/her then level complete. This was basic jist of game, all bosses had a cinematic where they would speak to the protagonist, though obviously I couldn't understand nor read what they were saying as it was Asian.

I also just remembered that there may, or may not, have been a multiplayer mode. It was either multiplayer or the boss fights you could turn the camera angle into kind of like, Tekken to have the sword fight..

EDIT: I should have mentioned the fact that the levels where free-roam, as opposed to being live a Tekken, Soul Calibur kind of setting, it was more like. Bugs and Taz: Lost In Time (God knows why that title springs into my mind for comparison) But you get the jist, open layout.
    I believe you could also sprint too.
    I'm sorry this is incredibly vague guys but nostalgia strikes.
    Last edited by LM-93; 12-12-2013 at 01:47.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    I'll just spitball with a few names: Ninja: Shadow of Darkness, Soul of the Samurai, Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Brave Fencer Musashi?
    Last edited by Shockwave; 12-12-2013 at 02:23.

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

3. Likes LM-93 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    I'll just spitball with a few names: Ninja: Shadow of Darkness, Soul of the Samurai, Bushido Blade, Tenchu, Brave Fencer Musashi?
    IT WAS BUSHIDO BLADE 2!!! Thanks alot haha, ok maybe I remember too much about the free roaming part because that seems non existant in the YouTube videos I just watched, but I'm still psyched to replay this, in English this time! +rep

Lets Play!
    PS4.

5. Likes Shockwave likes this post
    PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Haha no problem, buddy! Glad I could help.

Dedicated Member
    If you liked that you could also get some retro on with the Kengo series, which happened when Square pissed on the developer's toasties and they went their own way, creating Kengo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kengo

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    I'll be sure to check it out, thankyou!
    I've got alot to be doing in terms of gaming.
    I have to roll back the gens to replay quite a few PS1 and PS2 titles, including Syphon Filter (my god I loved that) MOH Frontline and a few others.
    Aswell as playing the new Gran Turismo at some point.

I also think I may replay a Yu-Gi-Oh game I played as a kid, not that it interests me anymore; but purely for the fact that I NEVER completed the first duel on the story mode because once your cards were beat you lost them and you had no means of being able to earn more.
    So I figured thats a game I'd like to conquer because everyone I mention it to never got past that stage too haha

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I'll be sure to check it out, thankyou!
    I've got alot to be doing in terms of gaming.
    I have to roll back the gens to replay quite a few PS1 and PS2 titles, including Syphon Filter (my god I loved that) MOH Frontline and a few others.
    Aswell as playing the new Gran Turismo at some point.

I also think I may replay a Yu-Gi-Oh game I played as a kid, not that it interests me anymore; but purely for the fact that I NEVER completed the first duel on the story mode because once your cards were beat you lost them and you had no means of being able to earn more.
    So I figured thats a game I'd like to conquer because everyone I mention it to never got past that stage too haha
    As crazy as it sounds, with all the PS4 stuff etc, I'll be loading Mega Man Collection into my PS3 Fat60 to play NES and SNES emulated Megaman games, so, yeah, play what you want, when you want, lol.

Hi

I had a ps1 demo disc and it had a demo on it that wasnt a mainstream game. It was a bejeweled type game where you are a coloured ghost and had to throw a ball upwards and match 3 of the same colour, and if you got a rainbow coloured ball it would erase all of that colour. And if the rows of balls got too low you died. Anyone know what its called?

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave

Not that one sorry

Thread Information