Latest PSU headlines:

Forum Elder

Forza 5 Economy Update Introduces Cheaper Cars, Drag Racing...

Turn 10 Studios will release a Forza Motorsport 5 update this month -- as early as next week -- that adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, in addition to a more balanced economy.

Car prices have been reduced significantly, with the on-disc cars reduced in price by 45%. So, the $6 million Ferrari 250 GTO you’ve been saving for is now a more accessible $2 million purchase. The rate at which racers earn money has more than doubled, as well. Turn 10 estimates Forza 5 players will be able to earn exotic cars in one-fifth of the time they earned them in Forza Motorsport 4.

“We based our economy largely on Forza Motorsport 4 data,” creative director Dan Greenawalt told IGN. That $6 million Ferrari? It cost $10 million in Forza 4.

“The earn rate [in Forza 5] should have been the same,” Greenawalt explained. Player patterns are different now, however, which meant racers were earning less. And so Turn 10 adapted based on telemetry. Based on that data, Turn 10 is "making updates pretty quickly and painlessly," and will continue to do so based on community feedback.

Drag Racing supports up to 16 racers in one lobby, one-on-one duels, or eight cars on the same drag strip, and Tag mode comes in three multiplayer variants:

Keep the It: One player begins the match as “It.” The goal is for the “It” player to keep “It” status for as long as possible. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It” player. Once the match timer has completed, the player with the most “It” time wins.

Tag Virus – One player begins the match as “It.” Each time an “It” player makes contact with another car, the “It” status spreads like a virus. The last uninfected player standing wins the match.

Pass the It: Similar to “Keep the It”, one player begins a “Pass the It” match with “It” status. “It” status transfers each time someone makes contact with the “It.” At the end of the match, the player with the least amount of “It” time wins.
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/12/1...rs-drag-racing

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Kudos to Turn 10 for listening to the fans.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Yeah, but on the flip side, a lot of vets of the series are actually pissed.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Yeah, but on the flip side, a lot of vets of the series are actually pissed.
    Why is that? Is it because they already invested time, perhaps even money, in getting the higher priced cars?

​aka Sparc

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Why is that? Is it because they already invested time, perhaps even money, in getting the higher priced cars?
    Basically, yes. There are players that have put in 100+ hours to earn the money for the cars, and when this goes live, it won't take nearly that to do the same. It's kinda a slap in the face really; from that perspective.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Basically, yes. There are players that have put in 100+ hours to earn the money for the cars, and when this goes live, it won't take nearly that to do the same. It's kinda a slap in the face really; from that perspective.
    Yeah I see their point. Hopefully they are given something as a sweetener, like a paint job that you can only get if you got the car before the update.

​aka Sparc

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparc View Post
    Yeah I see their point. Hopefully they are given something as a sweetener, like a paint job that you can only get if you got the car before the update.
    I haven't put that much time into it... I think I'm at 15 hours now lol. I have five mil in the bank. I think I'll appreciate the easier to earn. Honestly though, if the game economy had stayed the same, I would have been fine with it.

Thread Information