Thread: Issue with PS4?

Veteran

Issue with PS4?

So i'm trying to setup my PS4 and I get to the point where it says connect the controller with the USB cord then hit the PS button.

I'm plugging it in and doing this but nothing is happening.. am I doing something wrong?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGT View Post
    So i'm trying to setup my PS4 and I get to the point where it says connect the controller with the USB cord then hit the PS button.

I'm plugging it in and doing this but nothing is happening.. am I doing something wrong?
    Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. One end of cable goes in the controller, the other in the usb port in front of ps4.
    Without the cable plugged into the DS4, press the PS button and see if it turns on. If so, then plug it in.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. One end of cable goes in the controller, the other in the usb port in front of ps4.
    Without the cable plugged into the DS4, press the PS button and see if it turns on. If so, then plug it in.

I turned the PS4 on and off and I got to the same point. I hit the PS button and waited for like 2 minutes and it went to the next screen.

Now I'm at the Welcome to Playstation 4 screen and it says next. I'm hitting next but nothings happening. There's a white light on the top of my controller.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    I wouldn't turn it off. Have you entered wifi stuff, etc. ?

Veteran
    I wouldn't turn it off. Have you entered wifi stuff, etc. ?
    Its at the point where it says i'm about to enter internet info, set date time, etc..

Theres a button to hit next but nothing happens when I press the button

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    I know this sounds dumb for asking, but did you move the selection to highlight the NEXT button, and then press X?

Veteran
    I know this sounds dumb for asking, but did you move the selection to highlight the NEXT button, and then press X?

Yes it's just that nothing happens when I press X.. the button is highlighted, the white light on the controller is on and nothing happens.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Hmm... are you on LAN, or will you use wifi? I'm wondering if you're on LAN and it's downloading the update?

Veteran
    It's WIFI

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Odd indeed. Maybe turn it off, and start over. If that doesn't work, we'll put it in safe mode and go from there.

Veteran
    I finally got to the part where you install the update but then it happened again.. the buttons don't work it's like the controller is dead but the white light is on.. but it goes off after a few seconds.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Have you tried pressing option instead of X when X does not work?
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

Twitch ID: http://www.twitch.tv/duffman041986/profile

My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Yeah, it could be a bad controller...

Veteran
    Well couldn't find out what the problem is so I called Amazon and I'm getting a full refund.

Guess I'll be playing my Xbox one from now on. Looks like i still have you added from the 360 F34R lol

How you liking the system so far?

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well couldn't find out what the problem is so I called Amazon and I'm getting a full refund.

Guess I'll be playing my Xbox one from now on. Looks like i still have you added from the 360 F34R lol

How you liking the system so far?
    I like it mostly. I would go buy a new controller first, from Wal Mart, and see if that fixes the problem. You have a decent time period before you have to send the PS4 back to Amazon, so it won't really hurt anything for trying.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I like it mostly. I would go buy a new controller first, from Wal Mart, and see if that fixes the problem. You have a decent time period before you have to send the PS4 back to Amazon, so it won't really hurt anything for trying.
    This is very good advice, are you sure you want to give up on it that quickly? Just seems like it would a massive waste of time and effort if not.....

Veteran
    Well I did some research and there were a bunch of other people who were having the same problem. They were saying the trired new controllers, new usb wires and nothing was working. The only way to get it fixed was to send it to Sony.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Well I did some research and there were a bunch of other people who were having the same problem. They were saying the trired new controllers, new usb wires and nothing was working. The only way to get it fixed was to send it to Sony.
    Won't hurt to try though. That's what I'd do. Buy a new controller, and if that fixed the problem, then deal with Amazon to send you a new controller. No matter what, the new one you bought can be taken back to wal mart.

Selected Members Council
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I suppose it all depends on how much you really wanted the system, but you never know it could just be as simple as what F34R is suggesting!

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Do you still have your ps3? If so connect the suspect controller to it and see if it works as it works with the PS3 providing you keep it plugged in. At least you'll then know if it is a controller problem.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Have you tried holding down the home button? Worth a shot.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

PSN ID
    Dullisten
    Have u tried pushing the tiny reset button on the back with a needle? Need to hold it in for 5 sec or so

Veteran
    Ended up sending my PS4 back to amazon and getting a new one. The new one has been fine so far, lets hope it stays that way.

PSN ID
    Bonastee
    Ended up sending my PS4 back to amazon and getting a new one. The new one has been fine so far, lets hope it stays that way.
    Ya let's hope... I'm in the process of sending my ps4 back to Sony for the second time.

The only problem I have is the occasional network "hiccup" that errors me out of a game

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Thread Information