Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by pojo1806 View Post
    Even though the extras are cheap to buy I don't see a point in doing it, it's easy to plunder ships and get supplies and money so no point removing an element of the game to just progress faster! That's just me though.
    Yeah that's my thinking as well, just really want to Jackdaw to have all it's upgrades as I really enjoy going around and battling ships, probably the best part of the game for me!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    I'm only at sequence 5, I've just got a bunch of the elite plans, some I can't afford money wise yet, but that won't take long. I have the elite hull, max cannons and elite round shot installed. I can take on Man o' War's easily now, but have trouble with the legendary ships. Once my mortars and ram are maxed I think that will help a lot!

I have elite plans for the mortars, ram and swivel guns.

It's fun getting a maximum wanted level so pirate hunters turn up in a Man O' War lots of good loot to be had generally. Plus they have more cargo space than the Spanish/English ones so you can take on the higher tier fleet missions.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I think if I came across any of those I would get slaughtered lol, I only have the first hull upgrade at the minute!

Hunting is good fun though, killed my first Bull Shark last night and it's make me bloodthirsty for more lol

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Still not sure whether or not to get this..
    Number 3 REALLY put me off the series.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I haven't enjoyed any of the AC games apart from this one so don't let that ruin it for you, it's very different in my opinion!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Same here, I have never been a fan of the series but this one is just so easy to get into and addictive. I only ever played the first one and even then I never completed it but there is just so much to do it keeps me coming back!

7. Likes pojo1806 likes this post
    Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    I really enjoyed 1, 2 and Brotherhood
    I just, don't know what was so drastically different about 3 but I literally couldn't stand it.
    It got to the point where I'd put it in the disk tray to give it another chance. But by the time it started to load up, realise how much of a torrid time I'd had with it, and turn the system off haha.
    Being a fan of those 3 titles has made my situation different though; I was quite into the story and was following it quite well, but after playing a third of the way through 3, I will feel lost I'm sure.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Apprentice

I really enjoyed 1, 2 and Brotherhood
    I just, don't know what was so drastically different about 3 but I literally couldn't stand it.
    It got to the point where I'd put it in the disk tray to give it another chance. But by the time it started to load up, realise how much of a torrid time I'd had with it, and turn the system off haha.
    Being a fan of those 3 titles has made my situation different though; I was quite into the story and was following it quite well, but after playing a third of the way through 3, I will feel lost I'm sure.
    From what I can tell AC4 doesn't really require you to of played the other games.. But before I got it I read the storylines of the other AC on wikipedia.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I would tell anybody to give this a chance, even if you rent it first to see how you like it!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I loved the naval part in III, so I was happy about the pirate theme in the 4th. I haven't played much, but I'm enjoying it.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    The games don't usuallt require you to play the prequel, only if you're interested in the Desmond scenes.
    The bulk of it will be in the animous and its will be its own story granted.

Think I'll probably give this a rent, or watch someone play it on Twitch for a couple of hours before I decide.

Also, new Heisenberg avi

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I have not played it since the first one and don't find this story hard to follow, seems to be it's own story in it's own right!

14. Likes pojo1806 likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    The fighting system is not broke you just have to use strategy. The reason it doesn't work like batman is because it isn't batman.

tapatalk post

16. Likes pojo1806 likes this post
    Superior Member
    I don't think the fighting is broken either, I can easily take 15+ soldiers, you just have to be precise with the counters and watch out for the brutes (guys with axes) because they hit hard!

There's a mission you are supposed to make an escape (I won't say which) because a ton of soldiers turn up, I butchered them all instead, it was easier than running!

I don't even use smoke bombs. I am a seasoned AC player though, I've finished the stories of them all

18. Likes thanatos144, pojo1806 likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Quote Originally Posted by Bhindi_Bhajji View Post
    I don't think the fighting is broken either, I can easily take 15+ soldiers, you just have to be precise with the counters and watch out for the brutes (guys with axes) because they hit hard!
    I am lucky if I can take 4 soldiers at the same time let alone 15+

Still I am sure with a little more play time and some upgrades to Kenway it will get easier and I can take on a few more!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I am lucky if I can take 4 soldiers at the same time let alone 15+

Still I am sure with a little more play time and some upgrades to Kenway it will get easier and I can take on a few more!
    I have 100% upgraded Edward and I can easily run circles round 15+ guards but if I just try to go toe to toe I get some serious back stabbing.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I have 100% upgraded Edward and I can easily run circles round 15+ guards but if I just try to go toe to toe I get some serious back stabbing.
    Did it take you long to upgrade him?

Got any tips?

Apprentice

Did it take you long to upgrade him?

Got any tips?
    Unfortunately I spent ALL money I got upgrading Edward and my ship ended up being a piece of crap.. So the Jackdaw has only just started to catch up, I do not advise doing this. Put well over 40 hours into this game I would say.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Unfortunately I spent ALL money I got upgrading Edward and my ship ended up being a piece of crap.. So the Jackdaw has only just started to catch up, I do not advise doing this. Put well over 40 hours into this game I would say.
    I'm doing the opposite, spending all my money on the Jackdaw and nothing on Kenway lol

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I'm doing the opposite, spending all my money on the Jackdaw and nothing on Kenway lol
    It doesnt really matter. Upgrading Kenway is good but you hunt for his upgrades. If not buy the ingredients at a weapons shop. It is more fun upgrading the Jackdaw. If you get stabbed in the back a lot you fight like you did in the first game....You counter and wait. You are not a unbeatable force like the Batman you are a alcoholic pirate LOL

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    AC4 manages to do what AC2 did for me. I do not want to put the controller down when I am playing. AC2 was the only AC game I ever wanted to finish. And AC4 is the first game since AC2, that makes me want to finish this game 100%. The story, the missions, the graphics, everything! This is the simply the best AC game ever made.
    I'll agree with this. AC2 is the only one I've platinumed, and I'll probably be platinuming this one.

I've got 5 Sequence's to go back to get 100%, The Legendary Ships to fight (I tried a couple and came close, but really wasn't in the mood to figure out the techniques needed) and getting the final two MP ones (Lvl 55 and All Rounder about 1/3 of the way there.)

I did have two Trophy's Glitched on me though. I think I 'earned' them when an early PS4 patch to the game was being applied. I played SP while it was being downloaded, I selected install, and went back into SP after it was DL'd but the next time I played it asked to install it again. And I think something f'd it up. So I had to replay to get 'Silent Fool' and 'Business and Pleasure' I didn't realize how much you had to play through the story to get to the point that you earn that much money. I had about 45K Reales earned (keeping track) when I got to the part of the story were you can start capturing ships and doing trading. I had about 250K from the companion app (from my previous game save play) and when I opened up the trading map, it pulled it all into this game save. Wasn't exactly expecting that, but the other 'Business and Pleasure' Trophy popped.

Note that I already earned enough in the other game save to buy everything and still have 500K Reales left over.

Great game, I've found all 'Yellowed' out all major locations, but haven't gone to all the non-fast travel locations to pick up the final Chests/Animus Frags/etc. I'll probably do that after I platinum the game.

Right now, I'm debating on whether or not to buy the Season Pass or just part it out. I wish I had bought the season pass on Amazon.com when they were doing the $5 credit if you bought it.

I'm a bit pissed at the MP right now though (at least on PS4) as the Wolfpack mode (I usually Solo this for max points) is bugged, after the first couple of Bonus Objectives completing it stops giving you bonus objectives. Normally I could complete the Wolfpack normal in about 10-12mins with the bonus objectives, now it takes about 15-19mins on average. Not only does it take longer, but I don't get near as much bonus on time.

While I enjoy a bit of MP on AC, it's not something I want to spend 25hrs hours working on just to get the platinum Trophy. So I'm playing a season or two a day, and hoping it will be fixed soon.

As for the fighting system. You need to really learn the various enemy's and know who to Counter (and which follow up is most effective), who to break defense, who just to hack and slash unless an opportunity to counter occurs.
    Last edited by TAZ427; 12-16-2013 at 17:36.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    While I agree mostly on this. When you visit an area that has the animal to kill 2/3 of and craft the item for upgrading (Health, Holster, Darts, ...) I'd advise going ahead and spending the couple minutes to do that.

Other than that, I would recommend grabbing a good gun and sword set. The sword set I got with my PS4 AC4 version (Uplay redeem code) Blades of Toledo - I used once the weapons store became available, I bought one gun set w/ the 1000 Reales that Sugar Baldy gave me (can't recall his name) when the shops open up. Then saved until I could be the best gun available until you've completed all Naval Contracts (Cannon Barrel Pistols)

The only better sword and gun to become available in the game, do so after the complete of the Assassin's contract and Naval Contract. I didn't bother to get them until I had completed the full store, and had a ton of Reales and decided to buy everything that was available to me in the game.

Note that you'll quickly come to a point on the Ship where you have more money that you can realistically spend on upgrades, because you're Metal and Wood limited. I'd make sure I grab a good gun and sword at this point, as you'll also be taking on Frigates and Man of War's and you'll want a gun to take out the crows nests and powder kegs when they are required for you to take them out. The weak gun will take two shots on the crows nest guys. Also, fighting with good swords makes a hell of a difference in being able to kill the enemy's in an efficient manner.

AC3 was such a huge disappointment to me (I was anticipating it FOREVER) that I nearly lost all interest in AC4. However, I picked it up anyways with my PS4 and it is easily the best AC game since AC II. I think I went through the campaign in like 3 sit downs because I was so hooked on it, and now I'm working on getting all the trophies (using PS4 Trophy Guides for help).

What's interesting is they're thinking of making a new pirate IP outside of the AC franchise. Would be cool I guess.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    While I agree mostly on this. When you visit an area that has the animal to kill 2/3 of and craft the item for upgrading (Health, Holster, Darts, ...) I'd advise going ahead and spending the couple minutes to do that.

Other than that, I would recommend grabbing a good gun and sword set. The sword set I got with my PS4 AC4 version (Uplay redeem code) Blades of Toledo - I used once the weapons store became available, I bought one gun set w/ the 1000 Reales that Sugar Baldy gave me (can't recall his name) when the shops open up. Then saved until I could be the best gun available until you've completed all Naval Contracts (Cannon Barrel Pistols)

The only better sword and gun to become available in the game, do so after the complete of the Assassin's contract and Naval Contract. I didn't bother to get them until I had completed the full store, and had a ton of Reales and decided to buy everything that was available to me in the game.

Note that you'll quickly come to a point on the Ship where you have more money that you can realistically spend on upgrades, because you're Metal and Wood limited. I'd make sure I grab a good gun and sword at this point, as you'll also be taking on Frigates and Man of War's and you'll want a gun to take out the crows nests and powder kegs when they are required for you to take them out. The weak gun will take two shots on the crows nest guys. Also, fighting with good swords makes a hell of a difference in being able to kill the enemy's in an efficient manner.

Just unlocked my Gun Sword... a $#@!ING GUN SWORD!!! easily my favorite weapon in the game! currently trying to unlock the Mayan Armor... though im not far enough in the story to even get to certain statue locations. (this is probably the ONLY thing i didnt like in the game... i wanted to just explore and get all my weapons/armor at the beginning of the game so i have it for the rest of my playtime.)

Ive always loved Assassins Creed. (all of them) its my favorite video game franchise of all time next to uncharted... and ACIV, is hands down my favorite... its just too good!
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    I was going to say I guess you have to complete all the missions before the whole map is opened up and every location is properly shown, but the temptation to just sail around and explore is a hard one to ignore!!

I finally managed to get my head round the treasure maps and decently upgrade the Jackdaw so the weapons are more powerful, but I really need to upgrade my hull amour as I am finding it hard to take out the bigger ships before they take me down!

Thread Information