Latest PSU headlines:

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    I love getting a few mortar shots to weaken ships before I get up close. My jackdaw is 100% upgraded now so not much challenge in most ships. Took down the first legendary ship after he blew me out of the water the first couple of times. Definitely recommend getting hull, cannon, and mortar upgraded as much as possible before taking on the legendaries.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    I love getting a few mortar shots to weaken ships before I get up close. My jackdaw is 100% upgraded now so not much challenge in most ships. Took down the first legendary ship after he blew me out of the water the first couple of times. Definitely recommend getting hull, cannon, and mortar upgraded as much as possible before taking on the legendaries.
    Yeah, once you're at end game only the Legendary Ships can come close to being a challenged. And the funny thing is the two toughest legendary battles are the two in the North.

There isn't a workable strategy that works for all of them. They're all a PIA even for fully upgraded ships, especially the Twins and Impoluto (both in the North.) I still have yet to sink Impoluto but I've come close.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I might go and find a legendary ship tonight and take it on just to see how hard they really are! I may even post a video of how I epically fail so you can all laugh
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Yeah, once you're at end game only the Legendary Ships can come close to being a challenged. And the funny thing is the two toughest legendary battles are the two in the North.

There isn't a workable strategy that works for all of them. They're all a PIA even for fully upgraded ships, especially the Twins and Impoluto (both in the North.) I still have yet to sink Impoluto but I've come close.
    The twins kick my ass every time. I think I may have a strategy though. Hit them with mortar and then lay down the fire barrels when they try to flank you while crossing in front of one of them.

Meh.....I'm still gonna die.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    The twins kick my ass every time. I think I may have a strategy though. Hit them with mortar and then lay down the fire barrels when they try to flank you while crossing in front of one of them.

Meh.....I'm still gonna die.
    Here's a strategy if you want it spoiled - If not don't look

6. Likes Christopher likes this post
    Here's a strategy if you want it spoiled - If not don't look

Ah....sweet. Will give that a try. Thanks!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    You guys are making new want this game really bad now. Lol

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    My next Fort mission.

I need to pick up this game by this weekend.

Apprentice

Half way into sequence 9 now and I gotta say still loving it, sequence 8 was a breeze with my new upgraded Jackdaw!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    My next Fort mission.

Nice, I took over my first fort last night, plus I seem to be getting better at taking down the bigger ships which is helping in my quest to upgrade the Jackdaw quicker!

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I'm loving the game too. I got sucked in hard. I had a few days off and I played almost all day.

Breakfast in the morning with the companion app, trading, opening routes and taking screenshots of the treasures I will search later on. It's fantastic!

On the move with Tapatalk
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Have to agree 100% this is an epic game.

After AC3 (absolutely hated it and the sailing) and hearing that Black Flag was expanding on the open sea's part I pretty much gave up on the franchise. But after hearing all the good things I decided to buy for PS4, 20ish hours later I am absolutely hooked and fallen back in love with AC. My favourite AC, closely followed by 2.

Not even attempted to battle the legendary ships yet...

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    I just love the open world to explore and all the things you can do even it you complete the missions is the game!

Hopefully with next (current) generation technology there will be more games like this or perhaps even bigger, would not hesitate to recommend this game to anyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffman1986 View Post
    I just love the open world to explore and all the things you can do even it you complete the missions is the game!

Hopefully with next (current) generation technology there will be more games like this or perhaps even bigger, would not hesitate to recommend this game to anyone!!
    Especially if your strapped for cash, I'm used to having to find a way to purchase new games to entertain me but this has entertained me since launch and will continue to do so over Christmas.

17. Likes Duffman likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    I've been away from the site for a few days. A 5 page thread about the AC4 greatness was started without me and my spider senses went off.

Yes this game is just that damned fantastic. I must have clocked 70hrs into this game if not more. I still have stuff to do in it. And now that Ade's DLC content is out, I'll be jumping into that this week, perhaps tonight.

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    I've been away from the site for a few days. A 5 page thread about the AC4 greatness was started without me and my spider senses went off.

Yes this game is just that damned fantastic. I must have clocked 70hrs into this game if not more. I still have stuff to do in it. And now that Ade's DLC content is out, I'll be jumping into that this week, perhaps tonight.
    70 hours fair play! Is that including mp?

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by benji89 View Post
    70 hours fair play! Is that including mp?
    no lol, think I've put an hour into MP. It intrigues me alot actually, so I plan on putting more time into that as well. Waiting on my coworkers to finish their storylines and we'll all jump into MP at some point. 70hrs is a rough estimate. I haven't found in game yet where I can see time played. And even though I'm using the mobile app and syncing to the console, it's not showing me my time played. I had been playing for days before my coworkers had been playing however, and they were showing 45hrs played with only a small portion of the content completed. So I'm guessing until the game shows me my try stats.

Bit of a learning curve, I'd never played AC MP before

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    no lol, think I've put an hour into MP. It intrigues me alot actually, so I plan on putting more time into that as well. Waiting on my coworkers to finish their storylines and we'll all jump into MP at some point. 70hrs is a rough estimate. I haven't found in game yet where I can see time played. And even though I'm using the mobile app and syncing to the console, it's not showing me my time played. I had been playing for days before my coworkers had been playing however, and they were showing 45hrs played with only a small portion of the content completed. So I'm guessing until the game shows me my try stats.

Bit of a learning curve, I'd never played AC MP before
    I'd say I probably have around 70-80hrs in it, maybe 5hrs in MP. Personally don't give a rats ass about MP but I want to get the Platinum on this one.

I've pretty much done everything in the game, except I need to take down Impoluto and redo 5 sequences to get to 100%. Then it's the all so painful (do to repetition) of getting MP to lvl 55. Probably will take a total of 20hrs+ to accomplish.

That said, I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the Season Pass. I've been debating it (vs buying some of the DLC separately) but it's so good that I think it's going to be worth it in the long run.

PSU Live Streamer
    That said, I think I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on the Season Pass. I've been debating it (vs buying some of the DLC separately) but it's so good that I think it's going to be worth it in the long run.
    Same here. I actually bought the season pass....my first season pass purchase ever. I usually don't care much about DLC, but this game has me hooked and I want to do the Adewale and BlackBeard dlc

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Same here. I actually bought the season pass....my first season pass purchase ever. I usually don't care much about DLC, but this game has me hooked and I want to do the Adewale and BlackBeard dlc
    Would you say this game is worth purchasing the season pass for this game?

I had wondered where you were hiding as I had not seen you post for a while lol

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427

I was questioning that myself. Here's what I've found.

Season Pass Price - $20
    Season Pass offers 20% discount on total cost of DLC so real value - $25

Freedom Cry - $9.99
    Blackbeard's Wrath - $2.99
    Time Saver Resources - $1.99
    Time Saver Collectibles - $0.99
    Time Saver Activities - $0.99
    Time Saver Technology - $1.99
    Death Vessel - $0.99
    Crusader/Florentine - $1.99

Total - $21.92
    Missing - $3.08

Only Freedom Cry is actual game content. I personally don't care about the other stuff. All the Time Saver's are a money waster for those of use who have done everything.

I think I'm going to skip the season pass and only grab Freedom Cry.

Apprentice

Well I have been busy tonight! I destroyed one of the hard forts which funnily enough was VERY easy, and I am half way through sequence 12.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    I restarted it. This time I clear ever island and city before I do all the story missions

tapatalk post

PSU Live Streamer

Yea I havent been to the forums in a while. Work has been busy, life has been busy, gaming has been busy lol.

Worth purchasing the season pass? I thought so, until I read the breakdown posted below you by Taz lol. So if his breakdown is accurate then NOPE! lol. I was under the impression blackbeards dlc was going to be another $9.99 dlc. If that was the case then that meant you'd be paying for blackbeard and freedom cry....then everything else you got was just gravy. Seems I was incorrect.

Luckily I used my free $10 psn money packed in with the console so in the end I only spent $10 my own money anyways.

Regardless! The game is a brilliant addition to my gaming library and I adore it. Looking forward to playing Freedom Cry soon. Pirates rock, nuff said...yar!

edit:
    my review of the game can be found here by the way http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...d-4-Black-Flag
    Last edited by shepard; 12-19-2013 at 01:10.

28. Likes Duffman likes this post

Thread Information