Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 ... LastLast
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I think the further you get into the game the better the money and material rewards get!

Managed to upgrade to elite hull last night, took on a Man O War with no problems at all and took hardly any damage!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    It is not broken it just takes patience and strategy this is in a god of war game or Batman game you're not a omnipotent warrior from the Land of the Gods you're a pirate

tapatalk post
    Don't tell me you think the swordplay decent?! It's awful. And the parcour is as it's always been. I.e. making mistakes left and right all the time... Barely so few mistakes that I still advocate on AC4's behalf when I let my friends play, though.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Don't tell me you think the swordplay decent?! It's awful. And the parcour is as it's always been. I.e. making mistakes left and right all the time... Barely so few mistakes that I still advocate on AC4's behalf when I let my friends play, though.
    I really haven't had a problem with the swordplay. The movement in AC series has always been problematic. AC 4 is no different. I'll be running around hacking away at enemies on a ship and out of no where my dude dives off the ship. So aggravating.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I had a case last night where I managed to scuttle 3 ships and 2 of them where side by side, when I boarded the first one none of my crew came with me so I ended up getting killed quite quickly as everyone was ganging up on me!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    In what manner specifically do you feel the Swordplay is aweful? I've heard people call it overly difficult and others say it's overly easy. Just like to hear your take.

It can be difficult if you don't learn how to fight various chars. Brutes and Captains in particular. Or if you're using poor quality weapons.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    In what manner specifically do you feel the Swordplay is aweful? I've heard people call it overly difficult and others say it's overly easy. Just like to hear your take.

It can be difficult if you don't learn how to fight various chars. Brutes and Captains in particular. Or if you're using poor quality weapons.
    Well, I have the officer's [? ].. the most expensive one, and it's just the experience I'm left with after my play-through. I'll probably do some additional side quests, maybe I'll make a more detailed summary later
    Last edited by K2D; 12-21-2013 at 17:39.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by benji89 View Post
    What is the benefit of Kenways fleet part of the game though? I'm not sure if I missed the real purpose of it.. I've done it a few times but not paid much attention due to lack of interest. Does it give you more materials?
    Money, in game items and treasure maps

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Money, in game items and treasure maps
    yeah....think I'm in the top 5,000 money wise.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Well, I have the officer's [? ].. the most expensive one, and it's just the experience I'm left with after my play-through. I'll probably do some additional side quests, maybe I'll make a more detailed summary later
    Sounds like the Officer's Rapier which is one of the best in the game. I used the Blades of Toledo from the first time I could buy a weapon (was a pre-order bonus I think.) Almost as good as the Officier's Rapier.

If you're having troubles with this, I'd guess it may be that you're really having trouble with the combat mechanics.

Against Brutes, hit X and when you they get tripped up or through down then hit [] to kill. On the captains use X to break attack before countering. On Agiles, it's counter w/ O then attack, if you're in a multi-kill situation and you see someone's red icon go off over their head the break off kill streak and hit O to counter them.

Another thing on ship combat, run along the rails and air assassinate guys from behind.

Also, if someone starts the shooting action and you're close to someone, hit X to grab them and use them as a human shield.

It's really about learning how to optimize against the various enemies. Early ACs forced you into learning these moves, but we forget over time, and even though the prompts are up there, if you're like me, you're focused on the characters and not the prompts of what actions you can do. Given that Ubi stopped forcing us to learn these moves for the most part, it can make the combat seemingly more difficult, but once you get used to it, it's not really all that different than what's been in the past.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by TAZ427 View Post
    Sounds like the Officer's Rapier which is one of the best in the game. I used the Blades of Toledo from the first time I could buy a weapon (was a pre-order bonus I think.) Almost as good as the Officier's Rapier.

If you're having troubles with this, I'd guess it may be that you're really having trouble with the combat mechanics.

Against Brutes, hit X and when you they get tripped up or through down then hit [] to kill. On the captains use X to break attack before countering. On Agiles, it's counter w/ O then attack, if you're in a multi-kill situation and you see someone's red icon go off over their head the break off kill streak and hit O to counter them.

Another thing on ship combat, run along the rails and air assassinate guys from behind.

Also, if someone starts the shooting action and you're close to someone, hit X to grab them and use them as a human shield.

It's really about learning how to optimize against the various enemies. Early ACs forced you into learning these moves, but we forget over time, and even though the prompts are up there, if you're like me, you're focused on the characters and not the prompts of what actions you can do. Given that Ubi stopped forcing us to learn these moves for the most part, it can make the combat seemingly more difficult, but once you get used to it, it's not really all that different than what's been in the past.

Precisely that's my point the fighting has been about the same since the beginning just the buttons are a bit different. It does take a bit of patience it isn't really meant to be a melee fighting system. Now if you're talking about character itself going and jumping off a boat for no reason or climbing up a wall when you're walking past now that is something they needed to fix a long time ago. To me that is the most frustrating part of any assassins Creed game

tapatalk post

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    i played up to brotherhood, did not play revelations or 3. do i need to play those in order to understand the story?

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Definitely not.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    PSN: j_rocca42

Dedicated Member
    Is this game (ps4) any different in gameplay from the ps3 version, or is it just some bumped up textures and a few side missions?

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Items Diablo IIIMetallicaUser name styleDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverPS3 Fat
    Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
    Definitely not.

rooting for your team to make it to the superbowl by the way, hoping for a denver vs. seattle game. that would be awesome!

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Thanks man. I'd love to see them get the trophy at least once

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    JDizzleNO1
    Quote Originally Posted by j_rocca42 View Post
    Thanks man. I'd love to see them get the trophy at least once

right! my team isn't going anywhere this year but yours has a real shot!

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    Quote Originally Posted by rene2kx View Post
    Is this game (ps4) any different in gameplay from the ps3 version, or is it just some bumped up textures and a few side missions?
    About 99%, there is a slight difference in the ability to 'Jog' instead of Walk vs Full Run on beams. And they changed the R1 to R2 for running (this goes along with the 'Jog' on beams.) As far as store and real abilities though, no it's the same.

Quote Originally Posted by JDizzleNO1 View Post
    rooting for your team to make it to the superbowl by the way, hoping for a denver vs. seattle game. that would be awesome!
    I grew up in Indy and I've been a long term Colts fan (starting back when the moved to Indy and sucked for many many years.) I'd like to see Colts vs Seattle but if not, then Denver vs Seattle would be good. Note that the Colts beat both Denver and Seattle earlier in the year.

FWIW, I'm still a big Peyton Manning fan. I'm really happy he took back the most TD Passes in a season record today. A big FU goes out to all the Tom Brady fans

18. Likes JDizzleNO1 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I compared the Wii U version with the PS4 version today.... The Wii U version looks horrible when compared side by side. The PS4 is just so damn crisp and clear. The Wii U version suffers from blurry textures and lack of detail.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Loving this game, Best since AC:2 in my opinion and one of the few games I can't put down.

Though until I found how beneficial using the fleet was, I felt I was severely under-earning compared to all the things that needed upgrading. The Jackdaw is still pretty weak, and I haven't been able to upgrade Kenway much, and haven't upgraded the cove at all.

For reference, I just

I think I've come to a point in the game where I can put the story down for a bit and focus on gaining money and supplies.

Apprentice
    Quick question..i just got my first treasure and it was the Serpent Figurehead plans..what am i suppose to do with the plans or what?

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    You can now change your ships appearance with it

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    Nothing special really

Apprentice
    i looked but couldnt find it didnt know if you had to do something with the plans themeselves

Got the game monday (Traded NBA 2k14 for it) played for a few hours. Game looks gorgeou. That next-gen water, wow!. Harpooned a hammerhead and bull shark. Now i have to collect 0/70 metal. How do i do that.

PSN ID
    j_rocca42
    You gotta plunder some ships

Thread Information