Latest PSU headlines:

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica

Another FIFA 14 trophy issue.

So with the thread I posted on launch with the 'Manager Tasks' related trophy for FIFA Ultimate Team, the work around was to delete my club, recreate it and start again.
    To which assistance was given to me to hold on to my coins whilst I did the process, and then returned to me with the new club. I received the trophy and assumed I would then be on my way to a platinum.
    On my hunt however I have now encountered a new problem with a trophy I believe is called 'Long Term Signing' or something along those lines; the trophy requires you to buy a 99 contract item from the EA Football Store and then apply it to a player within your Ultimate Team.
    Again, with the FIFA 14 version on PS4 being directly linked to the progress you made on the PS3 version, the problem I have encountered is that up until the level I currently am, I have already on my PS3 purchased all available 99 contract items, thereby making them unavailable to repurchase in the store.
    The next opportunity I will get to purchase one is when I reach level 67 on the game, with a certain amount of EXP available per day and obviously an increasing amount of EXP required to reach the next level this will take an extremely significant length of time to actually accomplish (considering I am level 46 currently I believe).

Is there a work around to get this trophy? Because that seems an awful lot of work for something I have already done.
    One idea I had was would it work if someone purchased a 99 contract item from the store and then gifted it to me?
    With the fact I have already bought it I'm not so sure if I'd actually receive the gifting of it, so any suggestions or known fixes would be extremely welcome.

Thanks once again guys.

PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    The only thing I can think of is, I could gift you a 99-game contract? I think I have one, and hopefully enough coins!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Thats the one idea I had to, I bloody hope it works, I'll buy you something else from the store I have like 30k in EA coins or whatever they're called.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    No worries, you don't need to give anything - just accept my friend request and I'll send it on over!

Actually, can you gift over the same contract as well? I need the trophy, too.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    I've already purchased it for myself on the PS3, will it let me re-purchase it via a gift? If so I'd be more than happy to return the favour.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    I've already purchased it for myself on the PS3, will it let me re-purchase it via a gift? If so I'd be more than happy to return the favour.
    Yup, I'm pretty sure! I've used 'em all up and it still says you can gift the purchase.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Then not a problem buddy! Just fired it up, where will the gifted item I receive from you be? Will I get a notification or anything?

EDIT: Nothing doing mate, gifted all 3 of my purchased 99-game contracts to you and each one a message has popped up saying that you already own the item.

If this actually works then someone who is at least level 67, would have to gift us the contract we have not yet purchased..
    IF our theory even works anyway..
    Last edited by LM-93; 12-15-2013 at 18:03.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    $#@! yeah, didn't work. :/ I'm Level 58 so I'm not too far away but it takes an age to level up, the higher you go!

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Tell me about it!
    Fix your s**t EA.

Lets Play!
    PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockwave View Post
    $#@! yeah, didn't work. :/ I'm Level 58 so I'm not too far away but it takes an age to level up, the higher you go!
    I'am Level 10 and i was thinking there must be highest 20-30 level or something...

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    It goes up to 100 as far as I know. Not a hope I'm getting there anytime soon!

Thread Information