Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Exactly. The op obviously didnt do his research before buying. We were all informed about certain game delays and the launch lineup well before the PS4 release date.

The only thing obvious here is you didn't read my posts. I clearly said I pre-ordered in June like most of you. At that time there were no game delays. Our launch at that time was looking very good. Wanting the console on Day 1 to play the stronger library claimed at E3 means that if you snooze, you loose.

My in hopes that BF4 would do the trick clearly wasn't the best idea.

A faster PSN store and a SHARE button are cool, but not system sellers guys. Be proud that you have a PS4, but be realistic too. Chances are slim that anyone left PS3 because of its slow PSN store lol.

It is pretty damn slow though.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    The only thing obvious here is you didn't read my posts. I clearly said I pre-ordered in June like most of you. At that time there were no game delays. Our launch at that time was looking very good. Wanting the console on Day 1 to play the stronger library claimed at E3 means that if you snooze, you loose. My in hopes that BF4 would do the trick clearly wasn't the best idea. A faster PSN store and a SHARE button are cool, but not system sellers guys. Be proud that you have a PS4, but be realistic too. Chances are slim that anyone left PS3 because of its slow PSN store lol. It is pretty damn slow though.
    And its obvious that you didnt read mine. Yes, in June we didnt know but you still knew about those delays well before the PS4 launch so you had plenty of time to cancel your preorder.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Well we dont know what the next gen consoles even are yet. As for current gen I've had no second thoughts at all about my PS4 purchase. Amazing looking graphics and lots of improvements overall. And the current gen has only just started. In fact I just couldnt go back to last gen consoles now that I've been spoiled by the PS4.
    The fluidity is one of the main things that captivates me. It makes fora seamless experience.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Superior Member
    And its obvious that you didnt read mine. Yes, in June we didnt know but you still knew about those delays well before the PS4 launch so you had plenty of time to cancel your preorder.
    How many times must I put BF4 into this? Clearly, and I mean clearly, it's the ONLY "next gen" title at the moment. My fingers were crossed as were the majorities that play this game, that BF4 would rock.

Instead it fails to even work for many. crash for all, and the massive list goes on.

So, I can not recommend this console to anyone at its current gaming state. Why? Because it fails to justify its purchase just to play the same experiences. At least BF4 offered the PC 64p server experience. That is the only gaming experience right now on console that sets apart last gen from this new gen.

Role play with me someone....I ask anyone as a fellow gamer shooting the $#@! at my local game store "why should I buy a PS4 to play the games that are on it today?"
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

5. Likes 33x likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    How many times must I put BF4 into this? Clearly, and I mean clearly, it's the ONLY "next gen" title at the moment. My fingers were crossed as were the majorities that play this game, that BF4 would rock.

Instead it fails to even work for many. crash for all, and the massive list goes on.

So, I can not recommend this console to anyone at its current gaming state. Why? Because it fails to justify its purchase just to play the same experiences. At least BF4 offered the PC 64p server experience. That is the only gaming experience right now on console that sets apart last gen from this new gen.

Role play with me someone....I ask anyone as a fellow gamer shooting the $#@! at my local game store "why should I buy a PS4 to play the games that are on it today?"
    My reply:

"It's not just the PS4...the X1 is in the same boat b/c the consoles just released.

I'd wait until a few months down the road when there are more games and then make your decision. How long have you been gamign....everyone knows that launch consoles have this problem.

Oh...you already bought a PS4....why did you do that when there was tons of info on both systems before release? Oh, b/c you're a techy and buy the latest hardware? Then that's your own fault."

7. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I haven't had a second thought about being an early adopter of next-gen, aka, this gen lol.

There isn't an experience on the PS4 or Xbox One that you can get on the PS3/360. Plain and simple.
    Meaning that the experience that you have on the Ps4 is not the same as PS3 right?

I haven't had a second thought about being an early adopter of next-gen, aka, this gen lol.

There isn't an experience on the PS4 or Xbox One that you can get on the PS3/360. Plain and simple.
    What do you mean by that? That the experience is the same on both ps3/ps4 at the moment?

Dedicated Member
    If you like Basketball, you needed NBA 2K14.
    That damned thing is NEXT GEN.

FIFA 14 is pretty close.

KZ is very next gen on PS4, makes great use of the touchpad.

Had Drive Club come out, that would have tipped the scales more.
    Madden was trash.
    After that, yep, it's up to you if you wanted better graphics.
    This is why hot releases diminish on aging systems when new ones come out, to prod you into moving on.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Ultimate Veteran
    So far iam loving next gen. Playing ghosts and bf in 1080 is next gen to me and kill zone also

Forum Sage

A glitch/bug free experience.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    How many times must I put BF4 into this? Clearly, and I mean clearly, it's the ONLY "next gen" title at the moment. My fingers were crossed as were the majorities that play this game, that BF4 would rock. Instead it fails to even work for many. crash for all, and the massive list goes on. So, I can not recommend this console to anyone at its current gaming state. Why? Because it fails to justify its purchase just to play the same experiences. At least BF4 offered the PC 64p server experience. That is the only gaming experience right now on console that sets apart last gen from this new gen. Role play with me someone....I ask anyone as a fellow gamer shooting the $#@! at my local game store "why should I buy a PS4 to play the games that are on it today?"
    I was referring to your mention of game delays. So because BF4 is glitchy youre writing off the console? Wow. Theres always going to be buggy games on any platform. And I totally disagree with you about BF4 being the only next gen experience. Sorry but thats just laughable. Just sell it if youre really that upset. End of problem. And next time try researching before you buy.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 12-17-2013 at 00:59.

Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    BF4 is cross gen... Not next gen. And every BF, post EA acquisition, has been a buggy mess in it's first 6 months of life on all the platforms it has graced, be it PC or consoles. It is to be expected.

KZSF is definitely Next gen, Looks gorgeous and the Multiplayer is very addictive ["addicting" is a made up word, it's "internet etymology" is a fabrication] and a reason to buy a PS4. Even if some people don't like the Killzone Shadow Fall SP campaign story, so what? I doubt anyone bought BF4 for its 4 hour Single Player campaign.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

I haven't had a second thought about being an early. dopter of next-gen, aka, this gen lol.

Your basically saying that ur experience on ps3 is not the same as Ps4? So basically ur saying its the same experience right?

Veteran
    At least BF4 offered the PC 64p server experience. That is the only gaming experience right now on console that sets apart last gen from this new gen.
    Sorry, you won't experience Warframe on PS3/360.

So ur saying that the experience is the same for ps3/ps4?

Bump

Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I've said it before, I'm glad I waited. Nothing out currently on it that I want to play.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Can anyone please respond to what i posted please?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushage View Post
    To what? The experience being the same comment?

Hardly. The controller is leagues better than the DS3, the share button is awesome, the UI is greatly improved and the games are awesome. I'd recommend the PS4 to anyone who loves gaming if they can afford it/find one.

Quote Originally Posted by F3486

To this...what he mean? The systems are the same?

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    To this...what he mean? The systems are the same?
    F34R said There ISN'T an experience on the PS4 or Xbox One than you CAN get on the PS3/360.

his statement says that the consoles are vastly different from the old ones

Veteran
    PSN ID
    saigon1914
    Hey, everyone has their personal preferences that draw them. I am happy with my purchase no matter what others may think. I knew what I was buying into at the start, and it hasn't changed my mind, not even a little.

Forum Sage
    The combination of my desire/love for new tech and the expected launch games at the time of pre-order made the decision at the time a no-brainer.

With that said, the only game IMO that is truly next gen is BF4 with its 64p servers and that game is all jacked up. Everything else on the system can be had in a similar experience on PS3/360.

All I'm saying for me is that now that I have a PS4, I honestly can't recommend one to anyone at this moment. Perhaps it's just me and if so, I do not wish this funk on anyone lol

In the mean time, I'm back to the PS3. Something I thought would never happen for me.
    Owning a console at launch has never been any different. There are a select games you can buy at launch and if you're not into those, you're going to have to wait.

Seriously guys, how many games do you play? Do you just put one in, try it for a while and want another?

Dedicated Member
    Thank you for this insightful info.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Your right...meaning that the experience on the ps4/xbox-one is an experience you cant get on the ps3/xbox360 right
    Meaning that the experience that you have on the Ps4 is not the same as PS3 right?
    What do you mean by that? That the experience is the same on both ps3/ps4 at the moment?
    Your basically saying that ur experience on ps3 is not the same as Ps4? So basically ur saying its the same experience right?
    So ur saying that the experience is the same for ps3/ps4?
    ffs lol

There are things on the PS4 and the Xbox One that aren't on the PS3 and Xbox 360. The gaming experience is different as well. While the general sense of gaming is the same, the experience is vastly different.
    If you want a detailed explanation, list the things you want differentiated.

Also, sorry it took so long for me to respond. That isn't usually the case. I had $#@! to do today.

28. Likes -Shafty- , Acid Snake , DarkVincent07 likes this post

Thread Information