Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Kushage, just fair warning, please stop with this bumping and unnecessary questioning that is going nowhere.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Kushage, just fair warning, please stop with this bumping and unnecessary questioning that is going nowhere.
    ok sorry about that

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Kushage View Post
    ok sorry about that
    Not a problem just giving youa heads up.

Dedicated Member
    Sell it on ebay now and have more money to spend on xmas, then buy a ps4 autumn/fall next year.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I don't regret for a second that I got the PS4 early. Everything looks better and runs smoother than it does on the PS3. BF4 is a bit of a buggy mess, but when it works properly it both looks and runs better than BF3 ever did on PS3 (haven't tried BF4 on PS3). Other than that it really comes down to your personal taste in games. I have 6 games installed right now, and I enjoy playing them all.

Super Carlton
    PSN ID
    JMEWalterblack
    Items PS3 Slim360 SlimiPhone 4 BlackGears of WarGoogle ChromeManchester UnitedUser name style
    I dont even need read to posts to wager that there are some bashing the OP.

Thanks to Final for the sick sig!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I think we should all agree to disagree and share some love as it's Christmas
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Your gut feeling loses that bet. It's a decent thread without anything particularly bashing anyone.

9. Likes sainraja , mistercrow likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    It's a matter of taste, really. There's nothing stands out as next gen that you like playing, save for BF4. I consider AC4 (with the update) on PS4 next gen. Killzone SF is next gen. It's not a brilliant game but it's definitely next gen in several aspects. On XOne Forza 5, Ryse and Dead Rising 3 are all next gen. DR3 especially so, although a lot of people are defining that games next gen status by graphics, and it's not the graphics with that game. The graphics are fine, but it's the high number of onscreen interactive models that makes it next gen.

Again, though, it's personal tastes. And there's always an interval between varying quality launch titles and early cycle games that are still representative of new consoles. It's usually only a few months but seems like years.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    PS4 and Xbone are current gen now people. PS3 and 360 are last gen.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by three3-times View Post
    Uh, no, you actually should read the posts.

13. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    PS4 and Xbone are current gen now people. PS3 and 360 are last gen.
    Technically, yes. Categorically, it takes a little while to address the newer systems as "current gen". While the other are still being sold, being developed for, and live side by side with the new systems, the newest ones are still called "next-gen". Nothing wrong with it really.

15. Likes 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    This seems to be a hot 100 debate at the minute, maybe we should have a poll that closes Christmas eve to settle it once and for all!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Technically, yes. Categorically, it takes a little while to address the newer systems as "current gen". While the other are still being sold, being developed for, and live side by side with the new systems, the newest ones are still called "next-gen". Nothing wrong with it really.
    Meh. These new consoles have launched therefore theyre current gen. But whatever if people want to call it next gen thats fine, its just not accurate.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by BBK.. View Post
    Thank you F34R! I was just about to do a smart ass reply of how I can't recommend PS5 or the NextBox either as the current generation has only just come out so it is too soon to start thinking about the next generation
    And this.^ you and BBK seemed to agree on it here but when I say the same thing suddenly you disagree. lol

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER

Just can't recommend next gen yet.

Crow,

It's like this...

When someone says that madden 25 on ps4 doesn't look "next-gen", that's how it is normally used.

Also used, "I love the next-gen systems." While at the same time you'll hear, "the current generation" is really focusing on social media compared to last gen".

It can go so many different ways but the context is always defining the subject.

So, yes, I agree that the new systems are current gen. That doesn't dictate that you can only have one way to describe things.

20. Likes 33x , sanfordmay likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    The Internet is a great place to be pedantic, fair play! Would anybody here seriously get confused and think a poster was talking about the ps5 and xboxwhatever when someone describes one of the new machines as 'next gen?' We still have ps3 in the picture and when you have a ps4 next to it, one is still the next generation of console when compared to the other one, is it not?

22. Likes Gers likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah they are current gen but I think it's about a year after launch until it loses that next gen tag. I consider this as the current gen but it will be considered next gen for the next year or so. I think it's because that new car smell is still fresh for the first year.

24. Likes Admartian , Malt likes this post
    Superior Member

PSN ID
    martin_blank
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Meh. These new consoles have launched therefore theyre current gen. But whatever if people want to call it next gen thats fine, its just not accurate.
    Crow,

It's like this...

When someone says that madden 25 on ps4 doesn't look "next-gen", that's how it is normally used.

Also used, "I love the next-gen systems." While at the same time you'll hear, "the current generation" is really focusing on social media compared to last gen".

It can go so many different ways but the context is always defining the subject.

So, yes, I agree that the new systems are current gen. That doesn't dictate that you can only have one way to describe things.
    It's all semantics, which is contextual. Crow's right in industry marketing terms: "current-gen" is an adjective that describes the newest consoles now available at retail. F34R's right in common usage among gamers: "next-gen" is an adjective that describes the features and performance of the hardware and software as compared to the previous generation, in marketing terms, of consoles.

Not to play Switzerland or anything, but you're both right.

26. Likes mistercrow, Admartian likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfordmay View Post
    It's all semantics, which is contextual. Crow's right in industry marketing terms: "current-gen" is an adjective that describes the newest consoles now available at retail. F34R's right in common usage among gamers: "next-gen" is an adjective that describes the features and performance of the hardware and software as compared to the previous generation, in marketing terms, of consoles. Not to play Switzerland or anything, but you're both right.
    Works for me.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    I have never bought a console in the first year they released due to financial reason, this year was to change that but the games I was interested in were delayed and the rest I can play on PC, so why bother with a PS4.
    Last edited by keefy; 12-17-2013 at 21:26.

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase so far, a decent launch with an excellent lineup of games for the next 2 years.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    I have never bought a console in the first year they released due to financial reason, this year was to change that but the games I was interested in were delayed and the rest I can play on PC, so why bother with a PS4.
    Exactly right now I'm content with PC and my PS3. I do have to agree with OP though on one thing the Share button is not going to sell the system to anyone except few hardcore gamers that really care the casual audience probably won't know it exists.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    Exactly right now I'm content with PC and my PS3. I do have to agree with OP though on one thing the Share button is not going to sell the system to anyone except few hardcore gamers that really care the casual audience probably won't know it exists.
    I think it's the other way around. Hardcore gamers that want to broadcast, probably already do. I think it's those that don't have the time or desire to buy hardware, set it up, and then deal with streaming accounts, etc.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    I think it's the other way around. Hardcore gamers that want to broadcast, probably already do. I think it's those that don't have the time or desire to buy hardware, set it up, and then deal with streaming accounts, etc.
    I feel like we're saying the same thing for some reason slightly confused at the moment, but anyways don't even plan to have PS4 for another 3 years or more wait until a Slim version is released hear about some improvements along with some major changes that will piss off gamers around the globe lol or at least those that care. Such as with PS3.

That and waiting to see about this micro-transaction business as well because already wasn't happy to hear about what happened with NBA 2K14.

Thread Information