Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Arimax View Post
    I feel like we're saying the same thing for some reason slightly confused at the moment, but anyways don't even plan to have PS4 for another 3 years or more wait until a Slim version is released hear about some improvements along with some major changes that will piss off gamers around the globe lol or at least those that care. Such as with PS3.

That and waiting to see about this micro-transaction business as well because already wasn't happy to hear about what happened with NBA 2K14.
    YEah it is stupid. IOn two minds about trading it in for BF4. I'll tkae a game that is actually actively being worked on, as opposed to one that has been implemented solely for microtransactions.

It's jsut the core game is so good. But yet the VC is such a huge and unnecessary hurdle. Honestly>? Tempted to trade it back in for the last gen version...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    YEah it is stupid. IOn two minds about trading it in for BF4. I'll tkae a game that is actually actively being worked on, as opposed to one that has been implemented solely for microtransactions.

It's jsut the core game is so good. But yet the VC is such a huge and unnecessary hurdle. Honestly>? Tempted to trade it back in for the last gen version...
    This is going off topic, but feel like it needs to be said at least.

See that's one thing I'm shocked not many people have been up in arms about. NBA 2K14 that is here we have a game where not even say 3 months or maybe longer I forget when the news broke, but some 3+ months ago Microsoft was planning to put in DRM everyone(and they were right too) went in on them for that exact problem, but here we are after launch and the exact thing we bashed both Sony and MS is happening regardless, but instead of it being Sony or MS problem people might say it's that exact companies fault.

Which is ok, but I feel like somehow Sony and MS lied or at least left a loophole for them on purpose.

Plus topping all that off maybe you can confirm, but is NBA 2K14 after that patch(which was shady if you ask me) have problems logging in online? Cause all across the Web(if you search, or just stumble onto it) people were saying that you couldn't play the game unless you got online this was a PS4 and X1 problem btw.

I will say this is also another reason I won't jump into next-gen so fast because of the news surrounding Forza 5, Ryse, and NBA 2K14(PS4/X1) versions pretty much it has me worried this might be start of something bad is all.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    This is going off topic, but feel like it needs to be said at least.

See that's one thing I'm shocked not many people have been up in arms about. NBA 2K14 that is here we have a game where not even say 3 months or maybe longer I forget when the news broke, but some 3+ months ago Microsoft was planning to put in DRM everyone(and they were right too) went in on them for that exact problem, but here we are after launch and the exact thing we bashed both Sony and MS is happening regardless, but instead of it being Sony or MS problem people might say it's that exact companies fault.

Which is ok, but I feel like somehow Sony and MS lied or at least left a loophole for them on purpose.

Plus topping all that off maybe you can confirm, but is NBA 2K14 after that patch(which was shady if you ask me) have problems logging in online? Cause all across the Web(if you search, or just stumble onto it) people were saying that you couldn't play the game unless you got online this was a PS4 and X1 problem btw.

I will say this is also another reason I won't jump into next-gen so fast because of the news surrounding Forza 5, Ryse, and NBA 2K14(PS4/X1) versions pretty much it has me worried this might be start of something bad is all.
    Well apart form the VC NBA 2k14 is aces. And I have played without a connection and it's fine. FOrza 5, for the most part has been rectified. Ryse? I'm not sure the issue is with that? I think that's fine too - though not sure what the issue was.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Well apart form the VC NBA 2k14 is aces. And I have played without a connection and it's fine. FOrza 5, for the most part has been rectified. Ryse? I'm not sure the issue is with that? I think that's fine too - though not sure what the issue was.
    Ok that's good to hear, but still a lot of people across the net were fighting mad about 2K14 far as I could see, and honestly it just had me worried that's one reason I probably won't join PS4 until maybe 2016 at the earliest maybe even 2017 the latest.

Cause I was ready to put down my money until this popped up that and when I did see BF4 it wasn't too impressive for me like graphics were good, but it just doesn't have "it" factor.

Long story short waiting for a GOW 3 and Uncharted 2 to make the jump basically.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    $#@!, what happened with NBA2k14?

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    $#@!, what happened with NBA2k14?
    admartian may tell you differently, but from what I hear either before or after a specfic patch a lot of content is hidden behind a pay wall or VC currency system.

Basically it turned in a micro-transaction hell kind of game where you have to grind it out to actually enjoy the game, but everything in the game just about requires VC(money) to unlock or just do. Like hiring or firing coaches and even more than that apparently.

People raising hell about it because you know paid $60 to be bombarded by micro-transactions just ain't the move if you know what I mean.

EDIT: Mean to add the part where you couldn't play the game unless you're online seems to have been fixed, but at one time a kind of DRM did exist apparently.
    Last edited by Arimax; 12-19-2013 at 03:42.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    admartian may tell you differently, but from what I hear either before or after a specfic patch a lot of content is hidden behind a pay wall or VC currency system.

Basically it turned in a micro-transaction hell kind of game where you have to grind it out to actually enjoy the game, but everything in the game just about requires VC(money) to unlock or just do. Like hiring or firing coaches and even more than that apparently.

People raising hell about it because you know paid $60 to be bombarded by micro-transactions just ain't the move if you know what I mean.
    I see. Let me look around.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room

EDIT: Mean to add the part where you couldn't play the game unless you're online seems to have been fixed, but at one time a kind of DRM did exist apparently.
    Dude...thats beyond $#@!ty.

I was actually planning on getting this game considering so many ppl had such great things to say about it and since I'm a sports fan.

But now...probably not.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    Dude...thats beyond $#@!ty.

I was actually planning on getting this game considering so many ppl had such great things to say about it and since I'm a sports fan.

But now...probably not.
    Me too, but computer running dead right now continue this post later. Basically 2K was extremely shady as no reviewers mention how littered with micro-transactions this game really was.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Skullomainia
    These $#@!ing microtransactions are going to be a death of a thousand cuts to the games console if they ain't careful.. It seems like they're trying to introduce them into every full price game. Fair enough if the game is free at first point of use like the mobile/tablet game market they're trying to tap into or emulate, but its a bit much to expect people to keep buying $#@! all the time on all devices. GTA Online was the same. I played that game hard from the first day it was released, gritted my teeth as I lost several characters and progression due their server glitches. They started nerfing it so you couldn't earn in game money as quickly and I lost interest. There was no impetus to back and replay missions with your friends after they made their changes, you'd often end up a few hundred in game dollars once their sly mission entry fees, ammo costs and medical bills were taken into effect at the end if a mission. Why? Because they wanted you to spend your money on their in game currency..

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome

That is utter bull$#@!. That is the kind of $#@! that goes on in f2p not a full game. They got too comfortable with it and hopefully this will lose them a bunch of fan base so they learn a lesson. This is a messed up situation.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Malt View Post
    These $#@!ing microtransactions are going to be a death of a thousand cuts to the games console if they ain't careful.. It seems like they're trying to introduce them into every full price game. Fair enough if the game is free at first point of use like the mobile/tablet game market they're trying to tap into or emulate, but its a bit much to expect people to keep buying $#@! all the time on all devices. GTA Online was the same. I played that game hard from the first day it was released, gritted my teeth as I lost several characters and progression due their server glitches. They started nerfing it so you couldn't earn in game money as quickly and I lost interest. There was no impetus to back and replay missions with your friends after they made their changes, you'd often end up a few hundred in game dollars once their sly mission entry fees, ammo costs and medical bills were taken into effect at the end if a mission. Why? Because they wanted you to spend your money on their in game currency..
    I tihnk what MAdden and FIFA do with Ultimate Team is perfectly acceptable.

You pay for cards etc to play etc. FOR THOSE THAT WANT TO, that is. You can still play the main games without ever thinking of spending a cent.

What 2K did on the other hand? Bull$#@!.

lol I won't tell you differently - VC on this game is POOORLY POORLY designed. 100% money-greedy-grab by some exec(s) with horns growing out of their heads.

I'm trading this game in - sorry, but the graphics might not just be enough for me to keep it. Better just get/stick to the last gen (PS3/360) version - it's more complete anyways and doesn't have this bloody paywall.

Put it this way, I'm more willing to comply with NBA2K14's broken game than playing MyGM/Association mode without having to pay VC for simple features like editing lineups etc.

"Video (VC) Killed the radio star".

F you 2K.
    Last edited by Admartian; 12-19-2013 at 19:36.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144

14. Likes Duffman , mistercrow likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah the almost non existent load times and the menus are awesome. I can't wait to see what they do with them in the future.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I am patiently awaiting WWE 2K15, as VC actually helps Yukes with the game. No reason VC can't supply the rendering engine for Yukes to do with as they please....
    WWE 2K14 with even NBA 2K14's graphics ... it would be amazing, and, scarily, just the beginning as well!

It's also great that SONY is still actively trying to get good indie publishers to make the PS4 their destination of choice as well as mobile. That's the most brilliant strategy they could have done to tell Gamers they are here for Games, not just profits (most of the time a company successful in it's field addresses the users interest in choice in some sort of varied selection with their product line).
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    May be a stupid question but what is VC?

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Here my 2 cent for all of ya.. If you know you want the PS4 but didn't pre order in time: I feel your pain and I'm sorry for you all. (Almost didn't get mine.)

To all the others that recently discovered you wanted a PS4, trust me: you can rest assured, it doesn't kick into gear until Driveclub and Infamous arrived

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    What exactly is going to be so revolutionary about Drive Club!

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I think it's because it's a PS4 exclusive and looks pretty interesting....
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Master Poster
    PSN ID
    Azrael666
    Items DoomPlayStationDiablo IIIBlizzardDemons Souls CoverDark Souls Cover
    Yeah don't really get the fuss either... I hope you guys aren't setting yourself up for another HAZE here.

If anyone of you remembers that mess...

I'm waiting for a new Mortal Kombat and other must have exclusives. There's no need for me to hurry this time cause i've got a good nb to wow me graphics wise.

Tapatalkin'

Forum Sage
    Haze (and Lair) are perfect examples of how exclusives are never the be all and end all of gaming. For every good exclusive, there is a better multiplat.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I remember the Haze mess lol. In all honesty, I'm just looking forward to new FF, there are no exclusives I'm excited about. then again, I'm not complaining, I just bought the PS4 because I wanted it.

Dedicated Member
    Drive club is a f2p game so it may be gimped, not sure, graphically it's been looking good at least. And seeing as im not a big fan of infamous, the exclusive im most looking forward to is The order 1886, don't see it releasing late into 2014 though. The multiplat game i'm anticipating is watch dogs. Overall, i dont feel i'm missing out much on not buying a ps4 at launch and would probably advise as much to anyone to wait it out a few months. Right now, the biggest draw is not the games, it is more the thrill of getting a newly released gizmo at launch.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Netherlord
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    May be a stupid question but what is VC?
    Probably Visual Currency or Virtual Currency I know as a company VC means Visual Concepts as they've been partnered with 2K forever ago.

All these future games that are coming out for PS4 they haven't been released yet, and we don't know how Drive Club will be nor infamous I was most excited by Infamous: SS, but at the same time it's not here yet.

Same with Watch Dogs it looks interesting, but if they execute it badly it won't be pretty for either X1 or PS4.

Really as of right now I guess like someone said earlier except like Killzone Shadowfall my experiences could be had on PS3 or even better yet PC.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxia View Post
    What exactly is going to be so revolutionary about Drive Club!
    What exactly is going to be so revolutionary about [insert any PS4/Xbone 1st year title]

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Thread Information