Page 1 of 5 1 ... LastLast
    Superior Member

Just can't recommend next gen yet.

The combination of my desire/love for new tech and the expected launch games at the time of pre-order made the decision at the time a no-brainer.

With that said, the only game IMO that is truly next gen is BF4 with its 64p servers and that game is all jacked up. Everything else on the system can be had in a similar experience on PS3/360.

All I'm saying for me is that now that I have a PS4, I honestly can't recommend one to anyone at this moment. Perhaps it's just me and if so, I do not wish this funk on anyone lol

In the mean time, I'm back to the PS3. Something I thought would never happen for me.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

2. Likes Hulious777, 33x likes this post
    Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Everyone is different, I am glad I pre ordered and got one at launch and have no regrets. Sure the amount of games could have been better and it doesn't help that a few titles where delayed but that doesn't take the shine off the console. I don't mind waiting for some truly next (current) generation games but I can understand people who say they are not sure why they didn't just wait, but for me it was a no brainer to get one and launch and in my view it still is!!

AC4 will keep me going till the new year anyway, plus I always have FIFA to play so both games are keeping me busy!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousBOB View Post
    The combination of my desire/love for new tech and the expected launch games at the time of pre-order made the decision at the time a no-brainer.

With that said, the only game IMO that is truly next gen is BF4 with its 64p servers and that game is all jacked up. Everything else on the system can be had in a similar experience on PS3/360.

All I'm saying for me is that now that I have a PS4, I honestly can't recommend one to anyone at this moment. Perhaps it's just me and if so, I do not wish this funk on anyone lol

In the mean time, I'm back to the PS3. Something I thought would never happen for me.
    The launch titles were not a secret.

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l

I'm sorry but with my PS3/360 I never had to have baby wipes in the room for when people $#@! themselves when seeing Killzone.
    Oh and I never had to scream at anybody to "SHUT THE $#@! UP" because they kept asking me " BRO IS THAT A $#@!ING CUT SCENE?"

Then I pop in BF4 for them, "meh cool, so many people, graphics are cool beans, but meh" ... BF4 isn't really next gen although 64 player servers seem to be enough to call something next gen. Can't wait for Planetside 2 to play along side thousands of people in one huge map.

Just wait in 2 years when games that are released aren't rushed and when the hardware has been more familiarized with. I mean fuuuuuuuck, even Guerilla says Killzone was rushed and it looks amazing...

*Sorry for all the cussing*
    Last edited by Loui2; 12-16-2013 at 16:24.

Forum Sage

It's the price you pay for being an early adopter of technology and what it brings. You are the beta tester and you pay for your entertainment with time. Don't let it get you down. The first year is always tough.

PSN ID
    l-Loui2-l
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganator View Post
    It's the price you pay for being an early adopter of technology and what it brings. You are the beta tester and you pay for your entertainment with time. Don't let it get you down. The first year is always tough.
    This is fairly true, no device today is truly ever out of beta stage.

Not to mention even if it wasn't, these games themselves are beta's for future implementation of games .

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    While I agree that there aren't too many games, this wasn't a secret.

We are used to the PS3/360 which have been around for like almost 10 years or something? For the longest time we've been able to go in Gamestop and say "you know, I need a new game....lemme look for something used OR new on a whim."

It's what you do with your time while you have it that makes the difference. I don't usually worry with trophies or Gamerscore.....but since there aren't that many games out right now....I'm trying to get them for most of my games. Again...it's all about what you make of it.

Everyone knew the games that were coming out. And if those didn't entice your purchase and now you're unhappy....then theres really no one to blame but yourself.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I haven't had a second thought about being an early adopter of next-gen, aka, this gen lol.

There isn't an experience on the PS4 or Xbox One that you can get on the PS3/360. Plain and simple.

Forum Elder
    A couple games were delayed. A big one for me was driveclub. No regrets on buying day one though. This compared to the ps3 launch is gaming heaven.

Bob were u a ps3 launch member

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    I haven't had a second thought about being an early adopter of next-gen, aka, this gen lol.

There isn't an experience on the PS4 or Xbox One that you can get on the PS3/360. Plain and simple.
    Thank you F34R! I was just about to do a smart ass reply of how I can't recommend PS5 or the NextBox either as the current generation has only just come out so it is too soon to start thinking about the next generation

Dedicated Member

Other than cleaner graphics your not supposed to be able to yet.

The real awesome stuff is months to a year out. Right now it's better versions of any same titles and some unique games to start.

As the Indie onslaught begins it should get more interesting. I'm sure XBO's will sell once they start showing some Halo footage (it could look like anything else, but it'll be Halo,ofcourse).
    I'm personally hoping SONY has bought Crash back, and I want some Jak and Daxter, And I want someone to dream up some new stuff, Ryme looks good, i need to see more.
    SONY could also reboot Dark Cloud and give us some RPG flavor. MS reportedly is bringing in Fable hoping to get some interest from Japan, which Kinect could do if it's used right.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    A couple games were delayed. A big one for me was driveclub. No regrets on buying day one though. This compared to the ps3 launch is gaming heaven.

Bob were u a ps3 launch member

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    No, I waited till 09' before I picked up a PS3.

A few games were delayed like Watchdogs, War Thunder and Driveclub. If i'm not mistaken they were originally launch games and are delayed till......

Watchdogs brings some awesome elements to an old genre...looks exciting. War Thunder allows cross-platform gaming....WIN. Driveclub is the racing game needed at launch. I understand their need for delay and can respect that. It doesn't change the fact that we're left with limited options right now making it hard for me to recommend a PS4.

If I waited to pre-order the console till after the delayed games, I wouldn't of had a PS4.

So far every game experience on PS4 except BF4 can be had on PS3. Killzone is just like KZ 2 and 3, looks good, that's it. Basketball and soccer, same. AC4, same. Knack, just another platformer. COD lol.
    They're just the same chick now sporting a boob job.

At least BF4 was a decent reason to upgrade. So we could enjoy a similar experience as the PC players.

Initially in June at E3 (when we could finally pre-order) our day 1 games looked good.

How can you recommend to someone that the PS4 is great today?

This is just the way I see it. Feel free to validate below.
    Mouth Pounding since 95'

Apprentice

well it's only natural I think. I played around with the ps4 and tried to figure out the layout and work out some bugs but there isn't any games to play at the moment. I have 2 ps3 games to finish, one of which I havnt even started. 1 360 game to finish, and 1 vita game I havnt started yet. As it stands for me Im waiting for Metal Gear Solid ground zeros and that doesn't come out until march sooo....

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Well we dont know what the next gen consoles even are yet. As for current gen I've had no second thoughts at all about my PS4 purchase. Amazing looking graphics and lots of improvements overall. And the current gen has only just started. In fact I just couldnt go back to last gen consoles now that I've been spoiled by the PS4.

Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    TAZ427
    It's not an on/off switch where all the sudden the developers now have new idea's to work with on how to do things with new hardware. The reality is they did a $#@! load of 'Next Gen' stuff from a game play side of things over the last year of last gen (PS3/360.) Games like The Last of US and Beyond Two Souls. And many of the cross over games such as BF4, (Watch Dogs when it gets released) are all games that we would have said Wow that's truly next gen if we saw them 2-3yrs ago.

The idea's of what comes next in game development vs hardware is always a fickle battle. They just managed to pull enough processing power out of last gen to get these games off the ground. But the idea's are really a driving force for this gen (PS4/XB1) in 2-3yrs we'll see another evolution but don't mistake the games (even cross-gen) as not being Gen 8 games.

Sure they now have more raw power to do more things, and while improving Graphic Fidelity and game transition response rate (i.e. jumping between areas, levels, etc.) is much faster. That's only the tip of the iceberg.

The reality is this happens every generation period, and people cry ever generation period as they expect the game ideas to dramatically change overnight with a new console. The reality is it doesn't work that way.

Go back and compare early games for the PS3/360 with these early games of the PS4/XB1 and ask yourself. Is there what you would consider a generation gap between them?

If so then you can rest assured that these games at the launch of this gen are not last gen games.

Can some of these games run at last gen w/ lower graphic fidelity and performance - sure they can. If you're willing to sacrifice this, and also forgo some of the latest features and games for a year or two, then more power too you. I was seriously contemplating doing it. What swayed me was the entry price point was satisfying enough to jump on the bandwagon on day one. And I personally am completely happy with my decission.

Master Poster

Actually, the experience of furiously throwing the controller at the screen, because BF4 crashes for the seventh time in an hour, can also be had on PS3/360

18. Likes John25 likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I don't regret it one bit. Games are awesome. I just wish I had more time to shuffle between my games.

But yeah I think this topic is very subjective - and everyone knew months in advance of what games we were in for.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Forum Sage
    Items Legend of ZeldaHalf-Life 2Nintendo3DSFinal Fantasy VII
    I don't regret it either, I mean come on, the controller glows. Seriously though, it's making a nice ornament.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I strongly disagree that Bf4 is the only next Gen game. KZ is a marvel.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

22. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Since I got my PS4 and Xbox One, I have not touched the PS3 or 360. That alone shows that I recommend going next gen. The fact that I can share screenshots/videos, and live stream, is reason alone to switch over. The PS4 is just so much better than the PS3. Even the PS Store on the PS3 pisses me the hell off.

24. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Yeah the PS3 Store is pathetic. The PS4 Store takes a giant $#@! on it.

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    No, I waited till 09' before I picked up a PS3.

A few games were delayed like Watchdogs, War Thunder and Driveclub. If i'm not mistaken they were originally launch games and are delayed till......

Watchdogs brings some awesome elements to an old genre...looks exciting. War Thunder allows cross-platform gaming....WIN. Driveclub is the racing game needed at launch. I understand their need for delay and can respect that. It doesn't change the fact that we're left with limited options right now making it hard for me to recommend a PS4.

If I waited to pre-order the console till after the delayed games, I wouldn't of had a PS4.

So far every game experience on PS4 except BF4 can be had on PS3. Killzone is just like KZ 2 and 3, looks good, that's it. Basketball and soccer, same. AC4, same. Knack, just another platformer. COD lol.
    They're just the same chick now sporting a boob job.
    you say it like it's a bad thing
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

27. Likes PS4freak likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Locomotive View Post
    While I agree that there aren't too many games, this wasn't a secret. We are used to the PS3/360 which have been around for like almost 10 years or something? For the longest time we've been able to go in Gamestop and say "you know, I need a new game....lemme look for something used OR new on a whim." It's what you do with your time while you have it that makes the difference. I don't usually worry with trophies or Gamerscore.....but since there aren't that many games out right now....I'm trying to get them for most of my games. Again...it's all about what you make of it. Everyone knew the games that were coming out. And if those didn't entice your purchase and now you're unhappy....then theres really no one to blame but yourself.
    Exactly. The op obviously didnt do his research before buying. We were all informed about certain game delays and the launch lineup well before the PS4 release date.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I was going to wait until well into next year, but i wanted to see how BF4 actually looks on this gen, being i dont have a PC.

Im glad i got one and im very impressed with how slick it all is,and will get sooo much better. Pisses all over the PS3!

Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

30. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Your right...meaning that the experience on the ps4/xbox-one is an experience you cant get on the ps3/xbox360 right
    Last edited by Kushage; 12-16-2013 at 22:29.

Thread Information