Latest PSU headlines:

View Poll Results: Which is the best game?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fallout 3

    2 6.45%
  • Grand Theft Auto V

    9 29.03%
  • Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

    7 22.58%
  • The Last of Us

    13 41.94%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
Results 26 to 49 of 49
  1. #26
    Veteran
    RyanGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,815
    Rep Power
    68
    Points
    23,758 (615,000 Banked)
    Zelda

  2. #27
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    76,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    We have a final day on this, if anyone wants to sneak in some votes still.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  3. #28
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Wow I finished TLOU just in time for this. I thought GTAV was my going to be my favourite game of all time but apparently not. TLOU is the Game of the Forever (until TLOU2)

  4. #29
    Elite Member
    K2D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,640
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    9,357 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    The Last of Us.

    F3 was close, but TLoU was more polished, tried harder and spoke from the heart.

    Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    ...
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

  5. #30
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,740
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    best game of all time? crap why did i pick GTA5? i should have picked Zelda.

  6. #31
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    8,767 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If Last of Us wins I will be in shock. The game was great but was it "legendary"? Ocarina of Time was and forever will be the premier Zelda title, and the main reason many bought an N64.

    I also think age has a bit to do with it after checking the ages of those who have voted so far.

    8 years and counting!

  7. #32
    Chocolatier to the Stars
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Behind you!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    11,641
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    14,061 (0 Banked)
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    If Last of Us wins I will be in shock. The game was great but was it "legendary"? Ocarina of Time was and forever will be the premier Zelda title, and the main reason many bought an N64.

    I also think age has a bit to do with it after checking the ages of those who have voted so far.
    well I can't imagine many others would vote for the world's original space sim - Elite which came out on the BBC Micro back in the early 80's but it was definitely one of the best games ever.

    So age will obviously play a part.

    ​aka Sparc

  8. Likes Justin likes this post
  9. #33
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    76,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As the end of this comes to a close, I realize how anti-climatic this really is. A month of voting just for me to say, "Yup, looks like X game won!" I hope that's not disappointing for anyone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    If Last of Us wins I will be in shock. The game was great but was it "legendary"? Ocarina of Time was and forever will be the premier Zelda title, and the main reason many bought an N64.
    I personally think Windwaker > OoT. Maybe it was because I played Windwaker first. Maybe OoT is held so highly because it was played first, and hit the younger audience harder. Age is a factor that's just part of the process.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  10. #34
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,740
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i personally don't think Zelda is the best game of all time, i do however understand why others think so. i was there. i understand what it was able to achieve back when we didn't have the concept of "lighting" or realtime lighting.

  11. #35
    YouTube Editor
    Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    14,931
    Rep Power
    123
    Points
    8,767 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiUser name styleModern Warfare 3
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Greatest of all time is different for everyone. We all have different tastes in gaming and preferred genres. No one is right over the other, and we are all free to adore the games we use to pass the time.

    8 years and counting!

  12. #36
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,740
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Greatest of all time is different for everyone. We all have different tastes in gaming and preferred genres. No one is right over the other, and we are all free to adore the games we use to pass the time.
    guys we gotta $#@!ing tree-hugger over here.

  13. Likes Itachi likes this post
  14. #37
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,773
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    3,366 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I did not like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

    As much as I like GTA V though, I would replace it with Grand Theft Auto III as one of my best games of all time.

  15. #38
    Extreme Poster
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    29,740
    Rep Power
    189
    Points
    97,627 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    ^yeah, i agree. i have several best games of all time, i can't chose one over the other. like MGS 1, Max Payne, Half Life, Halo, Tekken 3, SOCOM 1, and so many others.

  16. #39
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Varsh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    W-s-M
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,226
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    17,021 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    None of my favourites made it past round 1 - Hostile Waters, Carrier Command, Homeworld, The Longest Journey.

  17. #40
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,580
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    79,640 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I did not like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

    As much as I like GTA V though, I would replace it with Grand Theft Auto III as one of my best games of all time.
    Same here regarding GTA 3.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  18. #41
    Forum Sage
    Itachi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Winterfell
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Age
    20
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    82
    Points
    30,167 (151,503 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I did not like The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

    As much as I like GTA V though, I would replace it with Grand Theft Auto III as one of my best games of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Same here regarding GTA 3.
    I feel like continuing to credit old games as the 'best of all time' is a flawed concept as you almost always have 'nostalgia goggles' on while doing it. Once you step back take the nostalgia out of the equation you see old games crumble in comparison to contemporary games.

    I understand that those old games are so great because they paved the way for these newer ones and established important milestones, but that is a separate award category. Something like 'most influential of all time' I dunno. Because once you include the phrase "of all time" you are including the games out right now, and the games out right now are light years ahead in almost all categories whether it be graphics, controls, narrative acting/dialouge etc

    Every time I go back to an old cherished game of mine, I do because of the good memories I have of it and almost every time I'm surprised at how bad it looks and clunky it feels (despite being the best of their time). Its hard for me to phrase it, I tried
    Last edited by Itachi; 12-24-2013 at 21:08.

  19. Likes Omar likes this post
  20. #42
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    76,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I closed the poll, as it's clear that The Last of Us is the victor here. I want to thank everyone that participated in the votings. I set out with the goal to add a little discussion and activity to the forums, and I think that was accomplished.

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I feel like continuing to credit old games as the 'best of all time' is a flawed concept as you almost always have 'nostalgia goggles' on while doing it. Once you step back take the nostalgia out of the equation you see old games crumble in comparison to contemporary games.
    You're definitely right. Nostalgia plays a large influence in this kind of thing, and it can cloud better judgement. Like Ocarina of Time and Windwaker as an example. Largely speaking OoT is much loved and WW is forgotten by many, but I found Windwaker to be the better game. I notice many singing OoT's praise were young kids when they played it, and also played it before WW. Another example is how Oblivion and Skyrim is favored more by gamers over Morrowind, despite Morrowind being the blatantly better RPG experience. It's because for many gamers Oblivion/Skyrim was their introduction to the series.

    In regards to GTA3 and GTA5, GTA3 may have left a larger impact on someone because it was so new in its gameplay and scope at the time, whereas GTA5's gameplay and setup is already known and mostly expected. So, understandably, for some it may be the 'better game'. But if we're honest here, it's obvious that GTA5 is the superior title; bigger map, more gameplay content, physics, better graphics, multiplayer, better controls, and an overall more refined and polished gameplay experience that developed from and surpassed GTA3. You wouldn't catch me dead playing GTA3 over GTA5, because GTA5 is everything GTA3 is but bigger and better.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  21. Likes Omar likes this post
  22. #43
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,580
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    79,640 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I feel like continuing to credit old games as the 'best of all time' is a flawed concept as you almost always have 'nostalgia goggles' on while doing it. Once you step back take the nostalgia out of the equation you see old games crumble in comparison to contemporary games.

    I understand that those old games are so great because they paved the way for these newer ones and established important milestones, but that is a separate award category. Something like 'most influential of all time' I dunno. Because once you include the phrase "of all time" you are including the games out right now, and the games out right now are light years ahead in almost all categories whether it be graphics, controls, narrative acting/dialouge etc

    Every time I go back to an old cherished game of mine, I do because of the good memories I have of it and almost every time I'm surprised at how bad it looks and clunky it feels (despite being the best of their time). Its hard for me to phrase it, I tried
    I understand what you are saying but in the same sense you have to think about what it did for its time also and not just a nostalgia factor. I look at Gta 3 vs 5 and I look at one how much fun I had playing it and 3 trumps 5 for me. Also Gta 3 was ground breaking because it completely revolutionized the series. It discarded the top down view for 3rd person and made for a hell of an open world for the time.

    The story lacked compared to 5 though. But with 5 it wasn't the first time we had seen this. San Andreas did most of what 5 did but 5 was a beautiful game for being open world. In all honesty I thought it was completely over rated but that is simply my opinion.

    I think about how much a game played its strengths and what it did in terms of advancement of video games and GTA 5 just didn't do a whole lot in that second aspect.

    I had fun playing it but I had no problem putting it down.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  23. #44
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,773
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    3,366 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    In regards to GTA3 and GTA5, GTA3 may have left a larger impact on someone because it was so new in its gameplay and scope at the time, whereas GTA5's gameplay and setup is already known and mostly expected. So, understandably, for some it may be the 'better game'. But if we're honest here, it's obvious that GTA5 is the superior title; bigger map, more gameplay content, physics, better graphics, multiplayer, better controls, and an overall more refined and polished gameplay experience that developed from and surpassed GTA3. You wouldn't catch me dead playing GTA3 over GTA5, because GTA5 is everything GTA3 is but bigger and better.
    I'm sure some will say the same about Morrowind and Skyrim, saying that Skyrim is the better game, but that didn't stop you from nominating the older game and later telling us how you were disappointed that it lost.

    GTA V is my second favorite title in the series and I like the driving and physics in that game more but not so much the story (even though there are some cool missions like Fresh Meat). Grand Theft Auto III's Liberty City is also more unique of a playground which I personally like in an open world game.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-25-2013 at 03:00.

  24. #45
    Super Moderator
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    26
    Posts
    13,580
    Rep Power
    142
    Points
    79,640 (190,439 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I'm sure some will say the same about Morrowind and Skyrim, saying that Skyrim is the better game, but that didn't stop you from nominating the older game and later telling us how you were disappointed that it lost.

    GTA V is my second favorite title in the series and I like the driving and physics in that game more but not so much the story (even though there are some cool missions like Fresh Meat). Grand Theft Auto III's Liberty City is also more unique of a playground which I personally like in an open world game.
    Exactly. That exact same thing could be said in regards to F3 and Morrowwind. It laid the ground work but my time with it just trumped that game. No matter what, no one is wrong in their choice.




    Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

  25. #46
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    76,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    I'm sure some will say the same about Morrowind and Skyrim, saying that Skyrim is the better game, but that didn't stop you from nominating the older game and later telling us how you were disappointed that it lost.
    I don't see why that matters. My point wasn't about a difference of opinion, but instead nostalgia misleading a more honest evaluation. It doesn't matter what game people think is better, only the reasons why.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  26. #47
    Ultimate Veteran
    Metal King Slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    21,773
    Rep Power
    188
    Points
    3,366 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Okay, so when you say Morrowind is blatantly better than Oblivion or Skyrim, are you taking into account the controls, graphics, content, physics etc?
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 12-25-2013 at 04:40.

  27. #48
    Supreme Veteran
    Ixion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    New York
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Age
    24
    Posts
    19,867
    Rep Power
    159
    Points
    68,679 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Itachi View Post
    I feel like continuing to credit old games as the 'best of all time' is a flawed concept as you almost always have 'nostalgia goggles' on while doing it.
    For a game to be worthy of the GOAT status, I feel it needs to be a game you can keep playing or re-playing for years and years and still enjoy it.

    That's what I personally based my nomination choices on (DOOM, Sonic 2, and Final Fantasy X). I've replayed those games so many times, I've lost count. And I still love playing them.

    Was The Last of Us a great experience? Yes. But I personally played it once and don't feel like playing it again anytime soon. I need to let some time go by and see if a game stands the test of time and stays fun.

  28. #49
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,429
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    76,601 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    Okay, so when you say Morrowind is blatantly better than Oblivion or Skyrim, are you taking into account the controls, graphics, content, physics etc?
    No, I said it's better as an RPG experience. You or anyone else would be exceedingly hard-pressed to argue otherwise. I'll list some bulletpoint examples, because my intent here isn't to actually convince anyone that one game is better than the other. These were just my reasons:



    All of these are, in mostly or entirely direct ways, attributes to the fundamental RPG experience within the Elder Scrolls games. There are others things too, but they're not quite as objective about it; the lore is more engrossing, better music, more intriguing landscape, etc. Those are obviously opinions though, with little argumentative value behind them. Naturally this cannot (and should not) prevent people from favoring Skyrim or Oblivion, because again that's not the point I was making. I was just saying that nostalgia can cloud a more objective perspective. It is, after all, innately biased.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.