Apprentice

Killzone Shadow Fall constantly getting lost?

OMG read it in a couple reviews of getting lost in certain levels going from one objective to the next and boy is that the truest thing I read. Are we the only ones or what but I'm constantly freaking getting lost?! The objectives aren't even clear and the indicator of where to go doesn't always show you the right direction or a direction at all. I like challenge games and usually play on hard but this is just ridiculous feel like I'm going through a maze 3 chapters in.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think we've just gotten too used to getting told what to do next, who to shoot next..etc. personally I didn't have too much of problem with this.

3. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by vnmus View Post
    OMG read it in a couple reviews of getting lost in certain levels going from one objective to the next and boy is that the truest thing I read. Are we the only ones or what but I'm constantly freaking getting lost?! The objectives aren't even clear and the indicator of where to go doesn't always show you the right direction or a direction at all. I like challenge games and usually play on hard but this is just ridiculous feel like I'm going through a maze 3 chapters in.
    I personally enjoy it... im really sick of minimap navigating or checkpoint hud following... you basically have pretty open levels now with multiple paths... and a target to reach, figuring out how to reach the target is half the fun... best example is the second or 3rd chapter i think... (the forest level) you have like 2 or 3 primary objectives... and a few optional objectives... and you can do them in any order...

i say this over and over, i hate FPS... but killzone 2,3 and now shadowfall, are some of my favorite games ever... something about it i just really love.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

5. Likes TEST SUBJECT 83 likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    This happens to me as well, I feel stupid but I think I'm just conditioned to a constant waypoint marker these days.. which is almost sad.

But even so, I think the level design should somewhat help point you in the right direction but I find it hard to make my way around the levels because its too hard to see things

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    It's b/c the game is less the hallway shooter than many other FPSs.

While I agree the objective icon on screen can get lost in the midst of all the lighting and whatnot on screen, I didn't find it that difficult to orient myself.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    At first I did. But I'm fine with setting my own stuff and using the landscape/game world as clues.

My main issue is the unclear nature of checkpoints - knowing when it's safe to power down/stand by and not finding out you have to re-do certain sequences all over again...

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Editor
    PSN ID
    NeoShockWave
    Items Title StyleLiquid Ocelotid SoftwareKonamiUser name styleNaughty DogBig BossTidusPlayStationManchester UnitedAuron
    Only finished the first part and I already encountered it a bit where you had to meet up with the crew and then plant the C4s!

Follow me on Twitter @Adam_PSU for all things PlayStation!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I never understood this complaint. I Didn't get lost once. The objective markers were very clear to me.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Guru
    Items FuturamaGoogle ChromeAmerican DadHalf-Life 2Battlefield 3User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    I think we've just gotten too used to getting told what to do next, who to shoot next..etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    This happens to me as well, I feel stupid but I think I'm just conditioned to a constant waypoint marker these days.. which is almost sad.

But even so, I think the level design should somewhat help point you in the right direction but I find it hard to make my way around the levels because its too hard to see things
    Yeah, agree with those points whole heartedly.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    At first I did. But I'm fine with setting my own stuff and using the landscape/game world as clues.

My main issue is the unclear nature of checkpoints - knowing when it's safe to power down/stand by and not finding out you have to re-do certain sequences all over again...
    Me too, I had to redo a lot of the jungle level because of it. So now, I just wait til I finish a level or die, and then I know it's saved.

Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    I never understood this complaint. I Didn't get lost once. The objective markers were very clear to me.

Well aren't we just mister $#@!ing smartface.

Don't Steal. Don't Molest Little Children. Don't Deal Drugs.

12. Likes DarkVincent07, PS4freak likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Lol guess so. I just didn't have a problem at all.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    I don't think the directions came out clear enough, I didn't even know we had directions until I searched through the options menu.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Libra-75
    I think it's a good thing that this game doesn't hold your hand all the time while playing. Most (FPS) games today doesn't even allow you to choose you own path.

Apprentice

You know what guys? It totally grew on me and I just love it, it was only really chapter 2 and 3 or 3 and 4 some of those in the beginning that were really frustrating. I have since ran through most of it and am on chapter 9 right now. There was some fun scenes flying, that level using a Gatling gun with just mass carnage against the shielded helghasts that kept coming, beautiful scenerys. It's been amazing not finished yet but is probably give it an 8 for being a launch title. .

Thread Information