Results 1 to 20 of 20

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0

    Do you guys think that Shenmue/God of War will be announced at E3?

    The reason why I ask is because Sony has stated that they are really excited about next years E3 and they have a bunch of new "MAJOR" announcements to make....do yall think it could be Shenmue? We all know it could be God of War....WE NEED A NEW "DRIVER" game....that game was sooo fun back in the day.........
    Last edited by Kushage; 12-18-2013 at 07:58.

  2. #2
    Apprentice
    DarkoStylo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    355
    Rep Power
    21
    What do those two franchises have in correlation with that statement?

    I'm guessing we'll see the new IP from SSM before GoW. I'm not really sure we'll be seeing Shenmue anytime soon.

    Sent from my Nexus 4

  3. #3
    Selected Members Council
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    29
    Posts
    12,299
    Rep Power
    57
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    Who knows, but E3 is too far away
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    Twitch ID: Duffman041986

    PSU Direct Email: adam.duffield@psu.com

    My Youtube Gaming Channel - Now with commentary: Duffman Gaming


  4. #4
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    26
    Shenmue is dead, Long Live Yakuza!
    Really, no, Shenmue is enjoyed by few. No offense meant.
    It's the same reason I have laughed Ryse off now that i've finally gotten to try it.
    Ryse has less to offer than Shenmue honestly. At least Shenmue you could grab anything do anything almost.
    While Shenmue could be fully realized today, SEGA is budget conscious (particularly after being defrauded regarding the AVP game).
    I can't see them approving it nor releasing the project for Social funding.

    GOW, why not!
    Hmmm, lets use the greek words blender.... how about Legend of the Fates ? who knows, just let me smash stuff!
    You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

  5. #5
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0
    What do you guys think of a new "Driver" game? Didnt you guys think that the game was fun back in the day? How about a new "Destruction Derby" game?

  6. #6
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,308
    Rep Power
    172
    Well I think its a given that we'll see a GOW game on PS4. I can only imagine what that will look like running on PS4 hardware.

  7. #7
    Elite Member
    LM-93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cleethorpes
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    61
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    God of War is inevitable IMO, wish we could expect a decent Tekken, haven't really enjoyed the pace of the game since the first Tekken Tag Tournament.
    I'm looking forward to a next-gen Gran Turismo, I do believe Polyphony Digital have already said they're working on that!

    PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

  8. #8
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,308
    Rep Power
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    God of War is inevitable IMO, wish we could expect a decent Tekken, haven't really enjoyed the pace of the game since the first Tekken Tag Tournament. I'm looking forward to a next-gen Gran Turismo, I do believe Polyphony Digital have already said they're working on that!
    Yeah they have confirmed that GT7 is in the works.

  9. #9
    Elite Member
    LM-93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Cleethorpes
    PSN ID
    LM-93
    Age
    22
    Posts
    1,638
    Rep Power
    61
    Items Battlefield 3AppleAvenged SevenfoldEA SportsJoker (limited ICON)Metallica
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercrow View Post
    Yeah they have confirmed that GT7 is in the works.
    Oh good, I hope they REALLY take their time with it.
    GT6 doesn't seem all too different to GT5.

    PSN: LM-93
    Lets Play!
    PS4.

  10. #10
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,308
    Rep Power
    172
    Quote Originally Posted by LM-93 View Post
    Oh good, I hope they REALLY take their time with it. GT6 doesn't seem all too different to GT5.
    I agree which is why I'm glad theyre making a proper GT7 instead of porting a prettied up GT6.

  11. #11
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    112
    Items User name style
    A new God of War probably won't be announced until 2015 I'd guess.

    They probably want a break from it.

    There will likely be a Shenmue HD collection announced for PS3 or PS4. Sony has acknowledged the Shenmue demand.

  12. #12
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    26
    I'm not a believer in Shenmue demand. I was a fervent Dreamcast player too.

    I could go for a Detective Mystery/Sherlock game with a Shenmue like engine, THAT would give me more purpose to the open world.


    I'm pretty sure Watch Dogs will put it to rest.
    You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

  13. #13
    Master Poster
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    27
    Posts
    3,097
    Rep Power
    112
    Items User name style
    Adam Boyes has said that Shenmue was among the most requested of games to come to the Playstation family from their recent round-up. Specifically he singled out Shenmue and Yakuza as the two most requested games. He said we'd start hearing things maybe 6 months from now.

    As for Watch Dogs? The $#@!? That's not putting anything to rest. It has nothing in common with Shenmue, and the gameplay looks pre-determined as all hell. Go to a point. Bunch of options show up. Choose an option. $#@! happens. I don't get the Watch Dogs hype.

    Shenmue has an incomplete story that people want to see finished. No one is going to buy Watch Dogs for its story and characters. We have an unrecognizable, unremarkable looking every-man as the main guy. He's not someone we'll remember.

    "OH GOD. I GOT TO HACK SOME TRAFFIC LIGHTS LOL. I'VE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT SHENMUE'S STORY." That was an extremely odd, and random thing to say.

  14. #14
    Dedicated Member
    John Willaford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,042
    Rep Power
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Adam Boyes has said that Shenmue was among the most requested of games to come to the Playstation family from their recent round-up. Specifically he singled out Shenmue and Yakuza as the two most requested games. He said we'd start hearing things maybe 6 months from now.

    As for Watch Dogs? The $#@!? That's not putting anything to rest. It has nothing in common with Shenmue, and the gameplay looks pre-determined as all hell. Go to a point. Bunch of options show up. Choose an option. $#@! happens. I don't get the Watch Dogs hype.

    Shenmue has an incomplete story that people want to see finished. No one is going to buy Watch Dogs for its story and characters. We have an unrecognizable, unremarkable looking every-man as the main guy. He's not someone we'll remember.

    "OH GOD. I GOT TO HACK SOME TRAFFIC LIGHTS LOL. I'VE COMPLETELY FORGOTTEN ABOUT SHENMUE'S STORY." That was an extremely odd, and random thing to say.
    Yakuza, yes, more please. Shenmue, nyet.
    The voters are some idealist never tried to play it Shenmueites who happened to buy Shenmue 2 and got into it a little and Imagine it can be fixed today.

    If money is wasted on it, it's going to look like this: ECW.
    If you know wrestling, you know that the small and fervent ECW audience cried and cried and made WWE believe they could make a dime off of bringing back the old ECW. They tried in the beginning, and, after not to long, learned they'd made a mistake, tried to mainstream it, and ended up cancelling the whole thing after their tv contract was up because it was a loud but ultimately not large enough group to support.

    Shenmue has such an audience.
    You can lead a Donkey to water, but you can't make him drink.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Veteran
    Vyse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Age
    24
    Posts
    23,902
    Rep Power
    204
    Shenmue City was discontinued within a year of launching in Japan on smartphones. Unless Yu Suzuki can acquire the necessary funds to work on and publish a third installment as well as guarantee demand is still high for the series, I wouldn't expect any future developments for Shenmue.
    Thanks to Sylar for the signature!


  16. #16
    Master Poster
    TheBreezyBB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Qatar
    PSN ID
    BreBaz
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,457
    Rep Power
    91
    Items One PieceOne PieceAuronPS3 FatVitaNaughty DogFinal Fantasy XPlayStation
    I would actually prefer an Onimusha reboot now!




  17. #17
    Counting Mod
    PS4freak's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Louisiana
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,445
    Rep Power
    158
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Honestly I hope we don't see another GoW. I'm so burnt out on the franchise it's not even funny. As for Shenmue, I'm about ready to chalk that up as a unicorn like FF VII remake. Fans keep clamoring for it but nothing legit. I think that franchise cam officially be marked as dead.

    I wish it wasn't but I'm being a realist though. I think that franchise died and unfortunately isn't coming back. I want to drivea forklift dammit!

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBreezyBB View Post
    I would actually prefer an Onimusha reboot now!
    If I could like this 1000 times I would. Get your head out of your ass Capcom!
    Last edited by PS4freak; 12-18-2013 at 20:35.


  18. #18
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Honestly I hope we don't see another GoW. I'm so burnt out on the franchise it's not even funny. As for Shenmue, I'm about ready to chalk that up as a unicorn like FF VII remake. Fans keep clamoring for it but nothing legit. I think that franchise cam officially be marked as dead.

    I wish it wasn't but I'm being a realist though. I think that franchise died and unfortunately isn't coming back. I want to drivea forklift dammit!



    If I could like this 1000 times I would. Get your head out of your ass Capcom!


    Onimusha would be definitely a great game to revive!!!

  19. #19
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Age
    28
    Posts
    51
    Rep Power
    0
    Any comments regarding a new "Driver" game? Anybody heard news about that game?

  20. #20
    Forum Elder
    PhillyPhreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Maryland
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    82
    Before GTA V, the original Shenmue was one of the most expensive games ever produced at around $20 million US. It's a niche title that's enjoyed by few. I don't know if Sega wants to produce the series anymore. Is Yu Suzuki still with Sega?

    As for GOW, I'm burnt out from the series. Ascension was repetitive and got boring fast. Sony Santa Monica needs to move on from the series now. I want a PS4 exclusive WRPG from them akin to Deus Ex and Mass Effect with a great story.




    "PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.