Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Elite Sage
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,407
    Rep Power
    143

    Games need to make better use of PSN's "What's New?"

    I really like What's New, but I'd like to see it used a bit better by games. The shining example for me at the moment is what Kz does with What's New as it posts achievements you've made during your game play - for example, it posted to What's New that I had beat my own kill streak record (10) in a MP match and also when I got the most objective points. To me this is much better than pages of just "So-and-so played ". More games need to be writing out interesting stuff to the What's New.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  2. #2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,313
    Rep Power
    131
    I like how with resogun is shows your latest game score + difficulty.

    I think it would be cool for adventure games to show that you got a certain level in an rpg with maybe a screenshot too. Its hard to think of ideas that don't go into spoiler territory but if some stuff was amrked SPOILER and you had to click on to see that would be cool
    Ie. Got a really rare item in the witcher 3 or killed some huge beast boss and theres a screenshot of him dead



  3. #3
    Selected Members Council
    Duffman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Chillin by the poo!!
    PSN ID
    Duffman19864
    Age
    31
    Posts
    14,615
    Rep Power
    80
    With FIFA 14 and AC4 it tells you what trophies you earned last....

    Might show you more than that but I've not really looked!
    PSN ID: Duffman19864

    Twitter ID: Duffman1986

    PSU Direct Email: [email protected]


  4. #4
    Legend
    F34R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Posts
    40,259
    Rep Power
    270
    These features are still in their infancy. Hopefully they will expand after they get a feel of what gamers are asking for.




  5. #5
    Elite Sage
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,407
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    These features are still in their infancy. Hopefully they will expand after they get a feel of what gamers are asking for.
    Right! This is what I expect as well. I think they could be quite innovative with some of the stuff they post to it. Here's hoping.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  6. #6
    Power Member
    Bitbydeath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Age
    35
    Posts
    15,182
    Rep Power
    157
    I like how VidZone shows what last songs you had listened too.
    You can then relisten to those songs from the what's new menu

  7. #7
    Apprentice
    Smokin Joker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    PSN ID
    SmoknJokr
    Age
    47
    Posts
    416
    Rep Power
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    These features are still in their infancy. Hopefully they will expand after they get a feel of what gamers are asking for.
    I feel like some people expect the ps4 and features to be fully developed. I mean take what a launch ps3 could do and where it ended up.

    That being said I agree with the OP that the "What's New" can be much more. The PS4 is still a baby... let's let it to grow up a little before we start scolding it!

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

    Thanks to Spyrde for the sig/avy


  8. #8
    Elite Sage
    TidalPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    In your urinary tract
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Posts
    12,407
    Rep Power
    143
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin Joker View Post
    I feel like some people expect the ps4 and features to be fully developed. I mean take what a launch ps3 could do and where it ended up.

    That being said I agree with the OP that the "What's New" can be much more. The PS4 is still a baby... let's let it to grow up a little before we start scolding it!

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I actually think the What's New is already fully featured, my post was more about encouraging the game developers to make innovative and better use of it. I do expect this to grow in time.

    ​aka Sparc

    Entropy isn't what it used be

  9. #9
    Ultimate Veteran
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    24,742
    Rep Power
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I like how with resogun is shows your latest game score + difficulty. I think it would be cool for adventure games to show that you got a certain level in an rpg with maybe a screenshot too. Its hard to think of ideas that don't go into spoiler territory but if some stuff was amrked SPOILER and you had to click on to see that would be cool Ie. Got a really rare item in the witcher 3 or killed some huge beast boss and theres a screenshot of him dead
    That would be pretty cool.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts