Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Hi all, can someone explain shooting the ball on net? It seems like everything I try and kick goes into the upper deck behind the goal unless I an standing right in front. If I'm on the outskirts of the box, I know I hit x to shoot and hold it for more power. Should I also be using the R1 or L1 when shooting? I feel like if I press x more than a millisecond to shoot it flies high. Not sure how the guy in the video is scoring from way out.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    X is typically used for passing. You could use it if you catch a goalie off guard but O is the designated shot button. I've figured out that if you are right out from the goal you practically just tap O or it will sail every time. Also if you are fully sprinting, then it will be a much more powerful shot. Could be part of your problem. R1 is a finesse shot which is more likely to throw off the goalie. L1 is a chip shot and is good when the goal is rushing in to grab the ball before you can kick. It basically is a little pooch kick that has very minimal power. Designed to go right over the goalie. I've scored quite a few that way.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Thanks PS4freak. I meant O and not X, but you've probably nailed it, I'm usually sprinting when I shoot and more than likely using too much power. I've been doing the practice and it's getting better but I still suck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Thanks PS4freak. I meant O and not X, but you've probably nailed it, I'm usually sprinting when I shoot and more than likely using too much power. I've been doing the practice and it's getting better but I still suck!

Don't feel bad I was terrible when I first started but I finally got the hang of it. Shooting takes a while to get used to.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    vinny_pizza79
    Quote Originally Posted by PS4freak View Post
    Don't feel bad I was terrible when I first started but I finally got the hang of it. Shooting takes a while to get used to.
    Stuck at wedding, but as soon as I get home I'm firing it up! I was never big on soccer but this game is great.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by vinny_pizza79 View Post
    Stuck at wedding, but as soon as I get home I'm firing it up! I was never big on soccer but this game is great.

Oh I know. Same here but I'm addicted!

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Loving fifa14 on ps4 so far. Few glitches here n there but all in all, lovely stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Thread Information