Latest PSU headlines:

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83

If Sony made an "Elite" version of the Vita, would you pay the extra money?

What I mean by "Elite" is, it would be the same style as the 2000 model but with the oled screen instead of LCD, but what would really make it worth more money
    is if Sony can make the screen and rear touchpad gorilla glass and the silver/grey band that wraps around the edge of the Vita aluminum, while the remaining material (the plastic that's between the grey edge and the back touch screen) would be either aluminum as well or a really high quality matte plastic.

IMO, not having to worry about the screen scratching EVER! would be amazing! I hate having to use screen protectors when it should have been made with gorilla glass from the start.
    Sony could really go all out and make it a "unibody" shell like the Macbook pros are made, making it extremely durable, but that idea is just a fun thought, the adding of gorilla glass screen and an aluminum body I am serious about. Obviously they would have to be made to order due to the small customer base that would want it, but they will only make money since they would be made to order.

I know this is 99.99% impossible that Sony would make this, but man, you got to admit it would be so amazing to have an all aluminum and gorilla glass Vita!
    The Vita is such a nice piece of tech as is, but trading out all the plastic and the cheap scratchable glass(if it even is glass?) for aluminum and scratch proof glass while keeping the OLED screen would be absolutely amazing IMO. I would pay up to $499.99 for a Vita of that quality without question. While there at it, they might as well throw in that L2 and R2 that they forgot to put in the first place, and if they cant make the analog sticks click in because there to small or something, then just add a small button to press instead and place them where the speaker holes are now.

If the Vita had triggers and L3 and R3 it would be the greatest handheld device ever. The nvidia Shield and the WiiU controller are far more functional and comfortable than the Vita.
    It still boggles my mind that Sony didn't add triggers or at least just digital buttons to the Vita. They gave us another analog stick that was definitely the most important thing to add if you had to add only one, but why not add triggers? especially since the Vita had PS4 remote play built into the design from the very beginning, so why give us a gimped alternative (the rear touchpad) when just putting them in in the first place would have worked just fine. How much more money would it cost per Vita if they added 2 triggers and 2 clickable analog sticks?

Anyways, would you buy an "Elite" PS Vita if there was such a thing?

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Cool idea, but I rather they release more games before they do any revamps on the Vita anymore.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    Quote Originally Posted by Effekt View Post
    Cool idea, but I rather they release more games before they do any revamps on the Vita anymore.
    Very true, but I do think the Vita has a pretty good collection of games.
    I think the "Vita has no games" is no longer the case and people just still have that mentality or just expect console games like COD and Battlefield that dont really belong on a handheld IMO.
    Games like Tearaway and Rayman are perfect games for the Vita, plus the whole PS1 back library and PS2 ports are perfect for a small screen.
    I really think alot of people (not directed at you Effekt) have the wrong expectations for the Vita in terms of games. Thats why it has remote play, so you can have that console experience, but the Vita exclusive games that have been coming out this year like Killzone and Tearaway are just the beginning of the type of games that are to come on the Vita

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Effekt
    Items Metal Gear SolidTommy VercettiLegend of ZeldaBlizzardAtlus
    Yeah but when you compare it to the PSP it's lacking regardless. Persona4 I think sold the most units for the PSVita so far, but it's just a port of the old PS2 version. It's not an actual original game. The PSP had GTA games exclusively for it, it's own Metal Gear game, Dissidia(Final Fantasy Fighting game), a kingdom hearts game. The list goes on, but the point is there is plenty of games that were exclusively just for the PSP, they weren't just ports or games that you could play on the console version as well.

Racing Game Fanatic
    PSN ID
    gold106gti
    Items Title StyleVitaPS3 Slim
    I suppose for me it would all depend on how much more money in theory it would be! But probably based on the details I probably would!
    PSN ID: gold106gti

Twitter ID: Duffman1986

My New Youtube Gaming Channel: Duffman Gaming

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

Nah I'm happy enough with the hardware side of the Vita I have thanks. As Effekt touched upon, I would rather they concentrated on the game side of things and delivered must have games that are only available on the Vita

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Administrator and PSU Technical Manager
    Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Yeah, the hardware hasn't been a problem. Technically, it is the most advanced handheld ever made. The main issue is the lack of original games as Effekt pointed out. Another issue is that the Vita was introduced during a time where 3DS/DS already dominated the landscape with a huge library of games so the choice is easy for many when deciding to go with Nintendo. The emergence of cheap games on smartphones is another major problem for the Vita that the PSP didn't have to deal with. The only thing Sony can do with the hardware is make it cheaper and then HOPE that remote play will be enough of a draw to boost sales. But I still think it could be a success if they were able to drop the price of the memory cards dramatically and then go all-out with Steam-like sales on its backlog of PSP/PSOne games. I mean GTA games on the Vita cost $20 while they average about $5 on iPhone. Some PSP games are still 20-30 bucks on PSN! That is insane.

So yeah, lots of ways to make Vita a more attractive buy, but making changes to the hardware really isn't one of them.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.
    *censoring provided by Ghost

Server Error Status Thread

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War

Happy with how it is, maybe a model with a 32GB or 64GB internal capacity would be nice with an expandable slot but overall I'm happy with the vita.

Having played lots of PS4 remote play with battlefield and ghosts, I've adapted quite easily to not have the clicky stacks and L2R2 and can live with out them.

I use the PDP Trigger case and it gives the vita a much improved shape and adapts the shoulder buttons to triggers, I'd prefer the vita to come as standard like this, my hands cramp up too quick without it. With the case it's more like holding a DS3.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Ariakace55
    the only way i would buy that is if they scrapped the proprietary memory cards in favor of something cheaper and larger capacity, and moved the speakers somewhere that made sense. andi still wouldnt pay more than a ps4 for it

"I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum. Ive got a shitload of bubble gum"

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I wan't talking about changing the hardware, there nothing wrong with that.
    All I was suggesting was making the Vita more durable and made from higher quality materials, thats it.

Items Death Note LAtlusVitaPS3 FatMetal Gear Solid 4Naughty Dog360 SlimGuerrilla GamesApple
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I wan't talking about changing the hardware, there nothing wrong with that.
    All I was suggesting was making the Vita more durable and made from higher quality materials, thats it.
    I don't see any problems with the build quality personally. But doing anything to the hardware that makes it more expensive, which this would, isn't good for the Vita, imo.
    My avatar* is dedicated to server errors where ever they roam. May they never return.

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    An Elite Vita would basically be a DS4 with a five inch screen.

13. Likes GazzaGSi likes this post
    Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    An Elite Vita would basically be a DS4 with a five inch screen.

Hmmmm, got me thinking. Why couldn't the Vita do the same thing as Vita TV? Just needs video out....right?

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Add L2/R2/L3/R3, make the diplay 1080p (for movies rather than games and up the RAM to 1GB or whatever they need to accomplish it), allow it to play PS2 classics. Other than those it's fine IMO. I'd take the reliability of the LCD screen over the OLED any day though.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Add L2/R2/L3/R3, make the diplay 1080p (for movies rather than games and up the RAM to 1GB or whatever they need to accomplish it), allow it to play PS2 classics. Other than those it's fine IMO. I'd take the reliability of the LCD screen over the OLED any day though.
    OLED isn't reliable?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Gorilla glass is $#@!, give me a $5 piece of sticky plastic any day.
    When I heard about the PSVita 2000 I instantly bought an additional PSVita 1000 to keep boxed for years later down the road if my first one breaks.
    Last edited by mickice; 12-19-2013 at 21:38.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Dedicated Member
    People aren't buying it now, so, uhm, nope.
    Sleeping very soundly on a Saturday morning I was dreaming
    I was Al Capone
    There's a rumour going round, gotta clear outta town
    I'm smelling like a dry fish bone
    Here come the Law, gonna break down the door, gonna carry me
    away once more
    Never, never, never get it any more
    Gotta get away from this stone cold floor
    Crazy
    Stone cold crazy, you know

Legend
    PSN ID
    F34RTEHR34PER
    Items BullySteamGran Turismo 5LiverpoolAppleJoker (limited ICON)Naughty DogMaster ChiefAssassins Creed EzioGears of WarHeavy RainDiablo III
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    Hmmmm, got me thinking. Why couldn't the Vita do the same thing as Vita TV? Just needs video out....right?
    Exactly. They certainly CAN do video out. They just wanted to sell the vita tv thing, and thus, we don't have a Vita system with tv out.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Exactly. They certainly CAN do video out. They just wanted to sell the vita tv thing, and thus, we don't have a Vita system with tv out.
    Well, Sony needs to get onboard. iPads can now use third party controllers and already have HDMI output (via connector). iPads also have a hell of a lot more games including some ports from major console games such as Dead Space, X-Com, etc. If folks could plug their Vita into their TV without having to buy Vita TV.....and use a DS controller....well, that is SOMETHING that might attract more buyers.

sigh.....sometimes, Sony.....I just don't get you.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher View Post
    OLED isn't reliable?
    Not compared to LCD (pretty much down to LCD being a much older tech so any problems it had have been ironed out, it's still not perfect though).
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678365
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDug13
    I want Naughty Dog to explore new game genres, not regurgitate cinematic corridor shooters for another generation.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    Rather than [the current slim], the original with same build quality with the addition of; HDMI-out, non-proprietary memory cards and 4G.

I'm probably gonna get the original 3G very soon either way (edit: it's done &#128512
    Last edited by K2D; 02-01-2014 at 01:51.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Master Guru
    Also 64GB flash memory

Thread Information