Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style

What needs to happen to make the PSN experience better?

Even with the greatly improved Playstation Network on PS4, the Playstation community overall to me is still lagging behind Xbox Live a little bit. Even with the inclusion of party chat, headsets and what have you, the community through my eyes still seems 'meh'. It just doesn't feel as social-able like on LIVE. Live with Playstation is an awesome way to interact, but it still isn't that "it" experience to me. Now don't get me wrong, it might just be me who feels this way, but I thought I'd share anyway.

And this is a side question of my own. What do you think seems to be the hang-up for Sony when it comes to people being able to change their username as seen on LIVE. I don't personally want to change my name anymore, but a lot of people do. I saw the clip on IGN where Yoshi stated it would be through hell and high water trying to get that feature implemented.

But yeah... The Network seems like a ghost town for me and feels like its missing something, but I don't know. Discuss!

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Then get friends

tapatalk post

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    It's come a long way since its initial release, but it does still have a way to go. In particular I'd like to see the ability to join friends in their games from the UI just by clicking on their name and clicking Join. Accepting friends requests should take no more than two clicks. Parties should be able to move between games through the party leader simply starting the new game.

All the above are features of Live.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

4. Likes MjW , $Greatness$ likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos144 View Post
    Then get friends

tapatalk post
    Haha, I have more than enough friends. But... I see what you did there.

$Greatness$ Awaits™

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    How the $#@! is xbl more social than the psn? It was the same exact $#@! when I had both consoles! I don't get it when People make that assertion lol, on xbl you go to your friends tab and you see your friends avatars you click on one and you see the latest achievement unlocked and games played. How's that different (on the ps4) other than the avatars (xbl on 360)?

For me all I can think of that's missing is the notification when a friend Comes online but I want them to expand on that:
    - notification when a friend's starts streaming
    - offline/online, busy, notification
    - profile blast
    - custom profile background just like the vita
    - game item gifting like the vita

Community wise, I don't see the difference between live and the psn especially now with the ps4 that has xgc with everything

Get friends that are social that ACTUALLY comment on what they see on what's new tab and also comments on your video clips. Everyone on my friendlist I send a name request, whether they accept or decline is on them but it makes it more personal when you actually know the person's real life name or nickname rather than a handle.

Name changing is no more an issue with the inclusion of adding whatever first and last name you want. All Sony has to do is put a universal option on the ps4 menu that toggles what name you want people to see when gaming online. Your persona or your made up name (which can be another persona or your real name)

I'll screen cap my what's new section and you'll see how lively it is with us discussing video clips from bf4 and making fun of each other. It all depends on your friends and how it going they are. I also made a dummy Facebook (obi psn) to send my video clips to...Also where I add friends from gaf and psn that has the same setup

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 12-19-2013 at 09:59.

Chocolatier to the Stars
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    How the $#@! is xbl more social than the psn? It was the same exact $#@! when I had both consoles! I don't get it when People make that assertion lol, on xbl you go to your friends tab and you see your friends avatars you click on one and you see the latest achievement unlocked and games played. How's that different (on the ps4) other than the avatars (xbl on 360)?

For me all I can think of that's missing is the notification when a friend Comes online but I want them to expand on that:
    - notification when a friend's starts streaming
    - offline/online, busy, notification
    - profile blast
    - custom profile background just like the vita
    - game item gifting like the vita

Community wise, I don't see the difference between live and the psn especially now with the ps4 that has xgc with everything

Get friends that are social that ACTUALLY comment on what they see on what's new tab and also comments on your video clips. Everyone on my friendlist I send a name request, whether they accept or decline is on them but it makes it more personal when you actually know the person's real life name or nickname rather than a handle.

Name changing is no more an issue with the inclusion of adding whatever first and last name you want. All Sony has to do is put a universal option on the ps4 menu that toggles what name you want people to see when gaming online. Your persona or your made up name (which can be another persona or your real name)

I'll screen cap my what's new section and you'll see how lively it is with us discussing video clips from bf4 and making fun of each other. It all depends on your friends and how it going they are. I also made a dummy Facebook (obi psn) to send my video clips to...Also where I add friends from gaf and psn that has the same setup

Calm down. lol

What's New is a really great feature - I agree. I can see that really coming into its own as this generation progresses. I am already finding that I check it out all the time to see what my friends have been playing/achieving.

However, there are still things that Live does better than PSN. Rather than sit in a well of denial I'd rather talk Sony into continuing to bridge the gap, while doing better in other areas as well (i.e. best of both worlds). I gave some clear examples in my previous message of things Live can do that PSN cannot and which I'd love to see implemented.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    I'm calm, what does live do that psn does not?

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    I'm calm, what does live do that psn does not?

Pull your pants down!

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by -Shafty- View Post
    Pull your pants down!
    Lol that gape