Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    TEST SUBJECT 83
    I think Hitman: Absolution would be a perfect title to make another "definitive" version of IMO.
    There's so many good games that I wouldn't mind playing again with upgraded looks.
    But honestly I think ALL resources should go to getting out "new" games.

Forum Elder
    TLOU in hd please.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

3. Likes victorijapoosp , Itachi likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by TEST SUBJECT 83 View Post
    I think Hitman: Absolution would be a perfect title to make another "definitive" version of IMO.
    There's so many good games that I wouldn't mind playing again with upgraded looks.
    But honestly I think ALL resources should go to getting out "new" games.
    Except this is one of the ways they pay for new titles

tapatalk post

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Cathode
    Items LuluYunaDaft Punk
    I though about buying this for pc, but with it averaging 89 in critique and 8.4 in user score, wonder if I should support Edios on PS4.. I'm not pro - Square Enix these days but when something good comes from "them" (they only bought the dev studios).

Anyone know if it'll ship with dlc ?
    Last edited by K2D; 12-21-2013 at 19:02.

Wishlist: Jade Cocoon Reboot, Oni Reboot, the next JRPG, Wasteland 2 [coming soon!]
    SotC 2, Fallout 4, next Obsidian Fallout, Project Eternity, Uncharted 4, Divinity [NEW!]
    [South Park: Stick of Truth is pure gaming bliss!]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Dude-in-the-Room
    Items Led ZeppelinDreamcastDead NationArnold SchwarzneggerUser name style
    I'm not sure if I should get it since I have the PC version. Sounds good and all, but I'm guessing it's not going to look too much better...at least not a full price tag difference better.

PSU Live Streamer
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D View Post
    Anyone know if it'll ship with dlc ?
    Apparently it will come with all its previous dlc...last I heard

Come find me on Twitch.tv!

8. Likes K2D likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Apparently it will come with all its previous dlc...last I heard
    I hope it is on disk because I hate having to download it my internet is sporadic at best

tapatalk post

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Day one for me another game I skipped on ps3,,lets hope there is a really nice upgrade in graphics.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    yeah i skipped this one too... might check it out on PS4... but i REALLY hope this doesnt become a "thing" and everyone just starts releasing updated HD versions of their games on PS4... seriously i want NEW games thank you.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    This is the beauty of being into DUST 514 and FFXIV...they're persistent games that pretty much keep me busy and fulfill my gaming needs so I haven't been buying many games; now I can get and play for the first time the best version of TR. I'm going to hold off on GTAV as well. Waiting in general is better, with GOTY versions and PS+ instant games collections there are 2 good reasons to practice patience for me.

13. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    This is the beauty of being into DUST 514 and FFXIV...they're persistent games that pretty much keep me busy and fulfill my gaming needs so I haven't been buying many games; now I can get and play for the first time the best version of TR. I'm going to hold off on GTAV as well. Waiting in general is better, with GOTY versions and PS+ instant games collections there are 2 good reasons to practice patience for me.
    Gotta love you ghost.

On topic : I tried to play TR for old time's sake, i got bored and just gave up, then sold it. Apart from visual upgrades are there any other gameplay tweaks to make it better?
    Last edited by victorijapoosp; 12-22-2013 at 15:32.
    You can't be serious with the 30 megabyte signature... ~ Staff

Maths is biased! It keeps telling me the PS4 is 50% more powerful than XboxOne!
    Great song, should have more views :'(

SHIMAASAAAANIIII!!!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/bP50xuM.png

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I'll rent it to see what improvements they made but thats all.

Forum Elder
    On the*official Eidos forums, many fans have contributed to a massive*Tomb Raider*Q&A regarding the Definitive Edition, which will ship on*28th January*for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Since the game has been already announced to be sold at full price, some have questioned whether the package was worth it or not; we have compiled some of the most interesting answers by*Scot Amos, Executive Producer at*Crystal Dynamics, below.

First of all, Amos mentioned that this is not just a quick porting job*of*a few months:

We started planning it as far back as Nov 2012 and started work in January 2013, and it’s not quite done yet… so it will be 1 full year by the time we launch in January, 2014.

One of the most interesting tweaks made by Crystal Dynamics is without a doubt the “facelift” of Lara Croft; Amos goes in great detail to describe it.

Our Sr. Art Director, Brian Horton, directed the exploration and development of the next-gen*Lara as*seen*in Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition. We did start with the idea of updating just her skin or a few extra polygons, but as we started to learn more about the hardware and what was possible, we felt Lara deserved even more attention. So we had the same folks who built her for the initial PS3/X360 version dedicated to reworking her for the next-gen*version. In the end… we’re excited about both this new step in upgrading Lara with her new TressFX hair, new sub-surface scattering on skin, and*overall new look. But we’re never satisfied*…meaning Brian and team are anxiously looking forward to feedback from everyone when they see her live on PS4/Xbox One in January as we listen to all feedback and will greedily take and reflect on your inputs for ways we could even improve her further in the future. Also, the new Lara is used across all in-game cut-scenes; including her new TressFX hair and new skin/materialshaders.

Also, it seems like she wasn’t the only one getting the makeover:

Actually, all in-game characters were updated for next-gen; but Lara is the star so she got the super-deluxe treatment! We did up*rez*geometry, textures, and other aspects for all primary characters in the story.

Speaking of platform differences, PlayStation 4 uses the DualShock 4′s*touchpad*and both consoles use voice commands:

There are custom differences as you know for each – meaning PS4′s controller has a touch-pad on it, has the lit front that we do interact with from in-game; and Xbox One has Kinect which we make use of; both support in-game voice commands via Kinect for Xbox One and using a microphone attached to PS4′s controller or through Sony’s camera if you have one. We truly targeted delivering the best experience taking fullest advantage of both consoles so that players on either platform would have the awesome Tomb Raider experience no matter where they played. We see it as a matter of personal preference as we want everyone to have a great time in the game! And yes, gameplay in both versions is*at*full 1080p!

Some final details regarding physics improvements, frame rate (still TBA) andantialiasing*techniques:

A few of our engineers were dedicated to improving physics both on Lara and in the world. A few quick examples – Lara has equipment on her that she acquires as she goes through her adventure. The climbing*axe, her radio, her bow and a quiver of arrows, etc. All of these now have subtle but simulated physics on them so as she runs, jumps, falls, stumbles, they react accordingly giving her more grounding the world. Then the world itself… we added so many objects, plants, trees, and then wind and weather effects that also have physics simulation built into them to react with each other.Wind*will make trees and leaves sway or flutter; cloth flaps against light or heavy winds accordingly; particles and Lara’s TressFX hair will drift according to the directional wind impact. All-in-all it adds a great additional depth and realism to the world.

I’m not quoting a*framerate*as we’re still optimizing the game – even today, even this close to final, we still have teams actively squeezing out everything we can to generate the best experience possible! We will happily talk more about our final end results in January once we’re totally done.

We used FXAA (fast approximate anti-aliasing) and MLAA (morphological anti-aliasing).
    But will her boobs bounce around

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

17. Likes victorijapoosp likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    funkybudda
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    To be honest, I really don't see the appeal in porting late past generation games to a new generation early on.

Waste of time to me. Why not start working on something new, from the ground up?
    this. Same DLC content packed into it and better graphics and 6 new outfits, everything about the gameplay is the same, how is it NOT a "facelift"? Some people just like to be in denial...
    You need a users permission to quote them in your sig.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    I was going to get this but just bought it in the Steam Christmas sale for £5. I can live without the DLC and an extra £30 in my pocket. If TLoU got ported though I'd be all over that like a rat up a drain pipe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Developers always claim this when they port a previous gen game over to a next gen system. "It's not simply a port" "It's more than a graphics upgrade." Well, no it's not. It's essentially the same game that we played on PS3. It will look prettier and possibly run smoother. Yeah, I'd say that classifies as a "facelift"

Forum Elder
    I agree wicked because graphics are the only thing that changes. Not the story, characters, location, or anything.

Even the original tomb raider on ps1 was just a port to the xbox360.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran

PSN ID
    Cybertox
    Even though the facelift is promising the additional content aint much to be honest.

Forum Elder
    Yeah, I'm buying it day one though. It's one of my favorite series.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Carla_Birch-USA
    1479527_732989270059025_1090658836_n.jpg

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition coming to PlayStation 4 January 31, 2014 - Experience Lara Croft’s intense story rebuilt and reborn for the power of PlayStation 4.

Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition come with:

- Fully rebuilt game for next-generation consoles - native 1080p
    - The Tomb of the Lost Adventurer DLC
    - Eight DLC multiplayer maps, six DLC multiplayer weapons and - four DLC multiplayer characters.
    - Six outfits for Lara
    - Dark Horse digital comic book “Tomb Raider: The Beginning”
    - Brady Games digital art book “Tomb Raider: The Art of Survival”
    - Documentary series “The Final Hours of Tomb Raider”

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    I still won't touch the MP haha

Apprentice
    Items Scarlett JohanssonGuerrilla GamesDice
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Same lol.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    I have the game on Pc and not once did I even try the MP. Probably never will either.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    To be honest, I really don't see the appeal in porting late past generation games to a new generation early on.

Waste of time to me. Why not start working on something new, from the ground up?
    It's just a Developers double dipping, make some cash on previously released games and get your name on the system.
    It's probably "thee" reason we don't have Backwards Compatibility anymore, because the know they can make money on re-releasing HD ports etc..

I'd be shocked if i saw anything worthwhile to be justifying a Next Gen port.
    Good game, nothing more. Not worth double dipping for imo.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    thanatos144
    Quote Originally Posted by Linconan View Post
    It's just a Developers double dipping, make some cash on previously released games and get your name on the system.
    It's probably "thee" reason we don't have Backwards Compatibility anymore, because the know they can make money on re-releasing HD ports etc..

I'd be shocked if i saw anything worthwhile to be justifying a Next Gen port.
    Good game, nothing more. Not worth double dipping for imo.
    You make it sound evil they are trying to make money. This is one of the ways they can afford to make new games.

tapatalk post

Thread Information